PDA

View Full Version : Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) issues with Norton Internet Security 4 for Mac

Sigaba
09-09-2009, 04:01
FYI, if you own or are planning to buy the latter, please be advised that there are numerous compatibility issues with Snow Leopard.:confused::(

Some of the issues and much of the grousing can be viewed at Norton's BB for Mac users, here (http://community.norton.com/norton/board?board.id=norton_mac).

But I'm not bitter:mad:...it's not my computer.:p

The Reaper
09-09-2009, 07:39
I had so many issues with Norton a few years back that I uninstalled it and vowed never to use their products again.

I did get pretty far up the corporate ladder with that complaint.

TR

greenberetTFS
09-09-2009, 11:01
There is also a problem with Parallels,the software you use if your running Windows on your Mac..............:(

Big Teddy :munchin

Sigaba
09-09-2009, 13:52
On the upside, the error messages appear clean, crisp, and vibrant on the beautiful 13.3" screen.

Likewise, the defensive responses from the folks at Apple and Norton on their respective BBs are arresting for their visual clarity. One can almost see software engineers attending marathon conference calls, shoulders slouched, palms facing the ceiling, saying "It's their fault, not ours."

NoRoadtrippin
09-10-2009, 10:28
To add to the list, I am also having issues printing via Bonjour.

I haven't tried running Parallels since moving to Snow Leopard, thanks for the heads up.

I imagine it will just take a few days/weeks for everyone to get their drivers and updates more refined. Either way, its better than running Windoze. :p

Kyobanim
09-10-2009, 11:43
You guys can't possibly be talking about macs. Macs' are perfect, they work all the time with no problems. :rolleyes:

Hatchetforce
09-18-2009, 12:17
Linux FTW.

greenberetTFS
09-18-2009, 13:00
Ever try running Linux on your Mac? ;)

Big Teddy :munchin

Sigaba
01-05-2010, 23:34
FYI, the issues discussed in the OP have been resolved. NIS 4 now appears to work seamlessly with Snow Leopard.

But then, when it comes to software, instability is always just a build away.:eek:

Trip_Wire (RIP)
01-06-2010, 02:32
I don't run the Norton Internet Security 4 for Mac; however, I do run Norton Anti-Virus 11 and I'm running it on my 1Mac 27" 2.8Ghz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 with no problems.

I sure love this machine, it's the best Mac I have ever had and I've had a number of them since 1986. :D

Sigaba
01-06-2010, 02:46
I sure love this machine, it's the best Mac I have ever had and I've had a number of them since 1986. :D1986? I've been saying "My next computer will be a Mac" for almost as long.

Er, this isn't to say that I don't love my current machine, because I do. I have the greatest machine ever.

And I'm not just saying this because the last time I bitched about it the OS went sideways and I got to reformat the HDD. I mean, it would be kind of paranoid, even for me, to think that my laptop is listening to what I say.

Back on topic. NIS is NAV plus applications that act as a personal firewall and provide various forms of identity protection. FWIW, a matrix comparing features is available here (http://www.symantec.com/norton/macintosh/internet-security). I suggested that the owner of the Mac mentioned in the OP go with NIS and not settle for NAV because of the detailed discussion of the security vulnerabilities of the Mac platform on another BB.