PDA

View Full Version : Hydroxycut Products Warning

swatsurgeon
09-08-2009, 14:23
FDA MedWatch
Hydroxycut Products
FDA warned consumers to immediately stop using Hydroxycut products by Iovate Health Sciences, Inc., because they are associated with serious liver injuries. Hydroxycut products are dietary supplements that are marketed for weight-loss, as fat burners, as energy-enhancers, as low carb diet aids, and for water loss under the Iovate and MuscleTech brand names.
FDA has received 23 reports of serious health problems ranging from jaundice and elevated liver enzymes, an indicator of potential liver injury, to liver damage requiring liver transplants. One death due to liver failure has been reported to FDA. Other health problems reported include seizures; cardiovascular disorders; and rhabdomyolysis, a type of muscle damage that can lead to other serious health problems such as kidney failure.
The agency has not yet determined which ingredients, dosages, or other health-related factors may be associated with risks related to these Hydroxycut products. FDA continues to investigate the potential relationship between Hydroxycut dietary supplements and liver injury or other potentially serious side effects.

IMHO, all of these types of products are worthless. Most can and do pose health risks, are unnecessary and are used to replace what the body is and is not capable of doing to itself under normal circumstances.

ss

Defender968
09-08-2009, 19:38
Didn't the original hydroxycut warp heart valves? You know with all the fine print and side effects of FDA approved drugs it amazes me that people take this stuff or any supplement for that matter. I had troops in the desert on my last trip using supplements even though we were strongly advising against it, two ended up in the hospital.

Costa
09-17-2009, 10:24
I actually just did a presentation not too long ago in one of my classes related to drug trafficking.

One of the key points I went over was taking NON FDA EVALUATED PRODUCTS AND SUPPLEMENTS. Because of the DEA cutting off most of the cocaine trade through the Gulf of Mexico, both the supply AND demand for products containing ephedrine and various amphetamine salts with the potential for extraction of raw psuedoephedrine acetate have risen tremendously. Many of these same products such as Hydroxycut have been selling in bulk through the Mexican pipelines to produce methamphetamine that will make its way to the west coast of the US.

Another big product is Adderall, and believe me, I see a lot of this stuff throughout campus.

Pretty scary stuff when you think about what people will casually take thinking it will benefit them....:eek:

P36
09-20-2009, 15:11
Thank you for the info. I tried using the stuff a few years ago and stopped after one day! It made my heart race and I couldn't sit still. I figured that couldn't be very safe.

Red Flag 1
09-20-2009, 15:58
edit