PDA

View Full Version : Islam on Capitol Hill!

Trip_Wire (RIP)
09-07-2009, 16:43
What do you Guys & Gals think of this? Are we on the same road to problems with the Muslim population as most of Europe, and especially the UK? :(

Islam on Capitol Hill

http://islamoncapitolhill.com/Home_Page.html

afchic
09-07-2009, 16:54
I am surprised that our esteemed leaders didn't agree to a date of September 11, 2009 for the festivities. It has been done in other places, most notably Colorado Springs at Colorado College in 2004 or 2005 I believe.

Peregrino
09-07-2009, 17:03
Islam the religion as it is taught in the Koran is anti-American. It is also anti-Western but that's not being discussed either. Islam is about submission - to Islam. When are we going to wake up and admit that Islam is more than a religion and that its SELF-PROCLAIMED goals are in direct opposition to our Constitution and the pursuits of individual rights, liberties, and responsibilities that are the cornerstone of American ideals? When was the last time Christian agendas were so shamelessly promoted in our Nation's capitol? And no - before you ask - I don't refer to myself as a Christian either. I just find Christianity's MODERN principles a lot more palitable than Islam's goals - in any era.

afchic
09-07-2009, 19:01
Islam the religion as it is taught in the Koran is anti-American. It is also anti-Western but that's not being discussed either. Islam is about submission - to Islam. When are we going to wake up and admit that Islam is more than a religion and that its SELF-PROCLAIMED goals are in direct opposition to our Constitution and the pursuits of individual rights, liberties, and responsibilities that are the cornerstone of American ideals? When was the last time Christian agendas were so shamelessly promoted in our Nation's capitol? And no - before you ask - I don't refer to myself as a Christian either. I just find Christianity's MODERN principles a lot more palitable than Islam's goals - in any era.

Great points. In my view Islam is anti everything that is not Islam. The problem that I have at times, is that I know some great Muslims. I consider them my friends. I have had many great discussions with them about their religion, and mine. We honestly aren't that very far apart on our views of God.

I have said this to many of them, and some agree with me, and others don't. I believe the problem with Islam is that it has yet to go through it's reformation, like the Catholic Church, and with that Christianity. Islam was founded 390 years (if I remember correctly) after Christianity. Islam has yet to go through the upheaval of Christianity. The Catholic faith I practice is not the Catholic faith of centuries ago, thank the Good Lord. We have not always had a "love your neighbor as yourself"outlook on life. It took the reformation to put us on the path we lead today. Still not perfect, so not perfect, but I hope better than the awful things that were done in God's name.

Maybe the time will come where Islam has the same type of cataclysmic event.

Peregrino
09-07-2009, 19:49
afchic - I'm with you on this; Islam needs a reformation. Maybe after Iran nukes Tel Aviv and the remaining Israelis wipe out every ME Islamic population center they will have some motivation to achieve it. I don't see any other venue that might cause it. Even then it might not be enough; I don't think the IAF has the legs to do anything about Pakistan. Their madrasas alone are sufficient to re-infect the hard-line. (I wish the preceding comments were so wildly improbable that they could be quickly dismissed as paranoid fantasy; unfortunately the possibility must be acknowleged.)

Requiem
09-07-2009, 22:11
Trip_Wire,

I found this event disturbing on several levels and no doubt others here did to.

What caught my attention was this from the website: "... Likewise; we intend to inspire a new generation of Muslim to work for the greater good of all people. We shall serve all people, regardless of race, religion or national origin. (emphasis mine)

Really? Even the infidels? How 'bout women? (It doesn't mention women...)

Is there such a thing as a humanitarian Muslim? I've yet to hear about humane, altruistic or philanthropic actions within the Muslim community towards infidels (or towards their own, come to think of it). Their "social reform" tends to be intolerant and narrow-minded.

(Yes, my view of the Muslim community is distorted by extremist Muslim actions. I admit that individuals vary within every community. I'm just sayin'...)

The Islam on Capitol Hill's slogan is disturbing: "Our Time Has Come." I'm quaking at the very thought.

-Susan

incarcerated
09-08-2009, 00:24
What do you Guys & Gals think of this?]

I dunno, it may already be in the White House...

Warrior-Mentor
09-08-2009, 08:06
What do you Guys & Gals think of this? Are we on the same road to problems with the Muslim population as most of Europe, and especially the UK? :(

Islam on Capitol Hill

http://islamoncapitolhill.com/Home_Page.html

You are the MAN! How'd you find that so FAST? Jihad Watch, Investigative Project on Terrorsim, Act for America...NONE of them have it ....YET...

Warrior-Mentor
09-09-2009, 11:57
A Patriot's Prayer - A Call to Action
San Jose Republican Examiner
Annie Hamilton

SOMETHING IS HAPPENING!

Our country, lurching from crisis to crisis continues to be the foundation of freedom and culture, tolerance, and goodness that it always has been.

People are active, aware, full of caring and vigor to protect the Constitution and the essential qualities of the United States that have always made the US the great experiment in freedom and liberty of the world. Here, I will show you an example.

On the 25th of September a public all-day event of “Islamic prayer” will be held in Washington, DC. The event is scheduled to take place in front of the capitol building, according to the event's organizers, and will begin very early in the morning and run into the evening. The organizers plan on 50,000 Muslims attending. They have a large budget some 200k according to their web site.

Prayer in a Mosque is one matter, Islamic prayer in front of the Capitol of the great kafir country of the world is quite another.

This event is a political event, not a religious event, and must therefore be opposed.

Islam is an entire civilization not only a religion. Islam's purpose is to grow and expand so that the entire world is under Islamic control. The doctrine of Islam is clear on this point. Those who are not Muslim, the kafir (or unbeliever) are considered the lowest form of life in Islam. Allah and Mohammed hate the kafir, therefore all Muslims must hate them as well. To not follow the commands of Allah and Mohammed is apostasy (a Muslim who has left Islam); apostasy in Islam is punishable by death.

Muslims are slaves of Allah and Mohammed; Mohammed and Allah are only found in the doctrine of Islam. Mohammed and Allah hate the kafirs, the unbelievers, so all Muslims must do the same. This is clear logic.

Islam is a political ideology of conquest and control. The purpose of Islam is to ensure that Sharia law is implemented across the world. This is the only way that "dar al-Islam" (a world under Islam) is brought about. Islam is at war with unbelievers everywhere forever until dar al-Islam is achieved.

I have no interest in living under Sharia Law, nor should you; I have no desire to ever wear a burkha or niqab nor should you. If Muslims want to live under Sharia Law in their own countries, that is their affair. Sharia Law and the doctrine of Islam are contrary to the freedoms and rights that are guaranteed to us in the Constitution. I support our Constitution and therefore must oppose political Islam.

I oppose the growth of Sharia everywhere, particularly in the United States. Islam is foundationally opposed to American democracy. The conflict with Islam is existential.

This demonstration of Islamic power in the United States on the 25th at the Capitol should be opposed by all reasonable Americans, folks who love freedom, liberty, tolerance, and equal rights. Islam is a supremacist ideology.

A new organization is dedicated to educating the American people about the dangers of Islam, its purposes, ideologies, jihad, sharia, etc. In addition, this group is not afraid to step up and defend the Constitution and expose a political event of an opposing ideology for what it is when the necessity arises.

Stop Islamization of America (http://sioanetwork.com) is associated with groups across the world with the same mission, to oppose the growth and spread of the Islamic political ideology which is determined to overthrow our freedoms, religions, and cultures.

Kendra Adams is the founder of this organization. This is a group of brave scholars of Islam, grass roots students and activists, patriotic Americans all who study the doctrine of Islam and the appalling atrocities that the adherents of the "religion of peace" do on account of that doctrine.

Will the Muslims on the 25th of September condemn jihad? Will they dedicate themselves to the security and prosperity of Americans and other non-believers? Will they proclaim their affinity for the kafir laws of the United States? They cannot do this because their doctrine prevents them from doing this. Their doctrine states quite clearly that no law, no culture, no country, no religion other than Islam can be allowed to exist anywhere in the world.

The purpose of this "prayer event" at the United States Capitol is to demonstrate their power, present a false picture of a "religion of peace", and to advertise across the land for converts. It is Sunna (the Way of Mohammed, the path that all Muslims everywhere are to follow forever) to issue an invitation to non-believers to join Islam for "protection". If the invitation is refused (we have already refused bin Laden's pre-911 "invitation") Islam is in a state of active jihad (warfare against the unbeliever for Allah) against the host country and kafir culture.

This is a call for support.

I hope you will join us on the 25th of September and rally the country around us. Those whose doctrine requires the destruction of the United States, whose jihad against us and all non-Muslims everywhere is fully documented and understood, whose adherents committed the greatest atrocity against Americans in our history, 9/11 will see that Americans understand their purposes and their motivations. We are not fooled; Islam is no “religion of peace”.

We understand takiyah (sacred deception). We know that Muslims are commanded to never befriend a Jew or a Christian, or any non-Muslim because to do so is to be one of "them" (a great sin in Islam). We know that there is an exception to this rule in the doctrine - when it aids in the growth and power of Islam such relationships are "not forbidden".

We call for your financial support, too. Please help us make this event a reality. We cannot do it without your financial support.

We call for your donations and your presence on the 25th of September at the city of Washington, DC, our nation's capitol to show our fellow Americans an opposing view and that there are those who will defend our Constitution, our system of government, our culture and way of life from a political ideology of supremacism, intolerance, and misogyny that is opposed to our very existence.

Please go to Stop Islamization of America's website, http://sioanetwork.com Click "Donate" at the upper right of the main page. Give whatever you can give.

I will attend this protest of Islamic power at our Capitol. I will do this because I know the doctrine of Islam, I know what Muslims do because of the doctrine and because I support my country, countrymen, and the foundational concepts that make the United States great.

I ask you to attend this Stop Islamization of America event, this educational protest to show the American people and the world that we in the United States will not turn our country and democracy over to an ideology of tyranny, barbarism, misogyny, cruelty, and Islamic supremacism.

If you cannot attend the event in Washington, please consider organizing a protest in your state’s capitol in support of the Constitution and opposing this display of Islamic political power and dawa (conversion) on the 25th of September.

More information on this upcoming event will be posted here and on the SIOA blog in the coming days.

We are not asleep here in the United States. We are not so distracted by crises real and manufactured that we will give up our freedoms and our Constitution.

I support SIOA and their mission.

http://sioanetwork.com/

greenberetTFS
09-09-2009, 12:24

Good point....... ;) You maybe right on target with this one.....:rolleyes:

Big Teddy :munchin

TOMAHAWK9521
09-09-2009, 12:46
I realize this is going to go over like a turd in the punch bowl. Anyway, if folks want to be a little antagonistic and let everyone get a good look at how peaceful Islam really is, perhaps those who wish to attend in protest of Islam could show up in white tunics over their clothes with big red Crusader crosses on the front with the excuse they are celebrating the victory of their European ancestors over the foreign Moorish invaders. Of course that would only be credible if Sharia Law wasn't expanding all over Europe today.

incarcerated
09-09-2009, 13:33
Good point....... ;) You maybe right on target with this one.....:rolleyes:

Big Teddy :munchin

I sure hope not.
But there is no getting away from the fact that the BHO Administration is a cornucopia of favorable policy for Islam.

testedone
09-09-2009, 15:01
Islam the religion as it is taught in the Koran is anti-American. It is also anti-Western but that's not being discussed either. Islam is about submission - to Islam. When are we going to wake up and admit that Islam is more than a religion and that its SELF-PROCLAIMED goals are in direct opposition to our Constitution and the pursuits of individual rights, liberties, and responsibilities that are the cornerstone of American ideals? When was the last time Christian agendas were so shamelessly promoted in our Nation's capitol? And no - before you ask - I don't refer to myself as a Christian either. I just find Christianity's MODERN principles a lot more palatable than Islam's goals - in any era.

Agreed..so many I talk to though about this just don't get it...I hope they don't have to get it the hard way later...

Sad days...PC seems to rule everywhere...

afchic
09-09-2009, 15:21
This just came out this morning.

Fewer Americans see Islam as violent, poll finds
Wed Sep 9, 2009 2:00pm EDT
* Fewer Americans say Islam encourages violence

* Conservative Republicans have dimmest view of Islam

* Most Americans believe Muslims discriminated against

By Ed Stoddard

DALLAS, Sept 9 (Reuters) - The percentage of Americans who believe Islam encourages violence has declined in recent years but remains far above where it was in 2002, while very basic knowledge about the faith has shown modest increases, according to a new survey by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life.

The poll's findings, released ahead of the eighth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, come against the backdrop of President Barack Obama's attempts to reach out to the Islamic world and eroding public support for the war in Muslim Afghanistan as U.S. combat deaths there rise to record levels.

Most Americans also believe Muslims are discriminated against, a finding that suggests empathy for a community whose leaders often say they are regarded with suspicion and hostility.

The nationwide survey of over 4,000 adults in August found that 58 percent of Americans believe Muslims face a lot of discrimination in the United States. By contrast the same numbers for atheists and Mormons are 26 and 24 percent respectively.

"The fact that Americans believe Muslims face a lot of discrimination is a substantial finding ... It is sort of like the public looking at itself in the mirror and there is some empathy for a group facing discrimination," said Michael Dimock, an associate director at the Pew Research Center.

VIEWS LINKED TO FAITH, POLITICS

As a group, only gays and lesbians were seen worse off than Muslims in this regard with 64 percent saying they faced a lot of discrimination.

Thirty-eight percent of those polled believed Islam was more likely than other faiths to encourage violence, down from the 45 percent who held this view two years earlier.

But that number has fluctuated over the years and in 2002, when it was first asked the year after the Sept. 11 attacks, only 25 percent of the U.S. public said they thought Islam encouraged more violence than other faiths.

Former President George W. Bush made very public statements saying Islam was not a faith of violence in the immediate aftermath of the attacks in New York and Washington.

American views of Islam are closely linked to partisan affiliation or personal faith.

One of the sharpest declines was among conservative Republicans but a majority of this group or 55 percent still regarded Islam as violent versus 68 percent two years ago.

Among self-identified liberal Democrats only 25 percent held this view, virtually unchanged from August of 2007.

White evangelical Protestants, who remain a key base for the Republican Party, are "significantly more likely than other religious groups to say Islam is inclined toward violence, with more than half (53 percent) taking this view," Pew said.

"Within other religious groups, fewer than four-in-ten people express this opinion (39 percent of white mainline Protestants, 38 percent of white Catholics, 33 percent of the religiously unaffiliated and 30 percent of black Protestants.)"

Over the past several years, Pew has found that Americans' knowledge of the most basic facts about Islam has increased modestly though many remain in the dark about the faith.

"A slim majority of Americans know the Muslim name for God is Allah, and a similar number can correctly name the Koran as the Islamic sacred text. Overall, 41 percent of the public is able to answer both questions correctly," Pew said. In 2002 only 33 percent responded to both questions correctly.

But 36 percent of Americans remain "unfamiliar with either term," according to Pew.

(Editing by Eric Walsh)

Pete
09-09-2009, 15:48
.........Most Americans also believe Muslims are discriminated against, a finding that suggests empathy for a community whose leaders often say they are regarded with suspicion and hostility.....

What does a Muslim look like?

Well, I'd say for the most part they look like any other America. If they've been here a while and second or third generation you'd have a hard time pointing at a guy and saying "There's a Muslim". Females unless they wear some form of the burka or just a plain head scarf they look like like any modestly dressed woman.

Now near large Muslim populations/areas you could assume most of the folks were Muslim.

But discriminated against?

I don't think so. I think the people have been watching the MSN too long. I think the only time Americans get POed over their Muslim neighbors is when they get "In your face" about something. Most Americans get POed about anybody who gets "In your face."

Ambush Master
09-09-2009, 17:50
As I have said numerous times before, the RADICAL Islamists are the ones that WANT TO GET ALONG WITH EVERYBODY, and that until there is a Reformation, like what happened in Christianity, getting along with them is like dealing with a diode, a one-way proposition!!!

C0B2A
09-09-2009, 20:20
Not sure what people are referring too when they mention "reformation of Christianity."
While the Catholic church may have gone through a reformation, Christianity's beliefs and doctrine of faith have stayed the same since the time of Christ. They are not one in the same.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread. I still can not understand how the majority of the world is still thinking "real Muslims are good people and just the extremists are bad," when the teachings at the very base of their religion are destructive to everything and everyone, including other Muslims.
Isn't that the truth.

Richard
09-09-2009, 20:46
Religious texts are a wonderful source of inspiration for those who don't understand them.

Richard's $.02 :munchin

With sincere apologies to George Santayana.

SF-TX
09-09-2009, 22:50
New Jersey mosque organizes national prayer gathering

http://www.northjersey.com/news/national/56825237.html#

testedone
09-10-2009, 06:51
New Jersey mosque organizes national prayer gathering

http://www.northjersey.com/news/national/56825237.html#

from that Article

The gathering will occur by the site where presidents have been inaugurated since 1981. In fact, it was President Obama's words at his inauguration in January, and then his speech in Egypt in June, that led Abdellah and an area imam, Abdul Malik, to begin discussing the idea, Abdellah said.

"For the first time in my lifetime," Abdellah said, "I heard someone of his stature speaking about Islam and Muslims not in an adversarial sense, but in the sense of being welcome and acknowledging we are integral citizens in the society — that we're gainfully employed, we're educated."

:confused:

rltipton
09-10-2009, 20:20
"Cleared hot"