PDA

View Full Version : Press Secretary Gibbs?

akv
09-04-2009, 19:02
I am of the opinion White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs is a particularly smug, unprofessional, rabid jerk, and an embarrassment to the office and the country. The lack of respect he shows when going after former President Bush or a sitting foreign head of state or any unbiased reporter during press conferences is amazing.

Am I in the minority here?

The Reaper
09-04-2009, 19:17
I am of the opinion White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs is a particularly smug, unprofessional, rabid jerk, and an embarrassment to the office and the country. The lack of respect he shows when going after former President Bush or a sitting foreign head of state or any unbiased reporter during press conferences is amazing.

No.

TR

Red Flag 1
09-04-2009, 20:18

You could say the same for Czars, and other members of this administration/advisors, and a portion of congress, etc.

As TR points out, you are not alone.

As Richard says," and so it goes........"

My $.02.

RF 1

incarcerated
09-04-2009, 22:40
I am of the opinion White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs is a particularly smug, unprofessional, rabid jerk, and an embarrassment to the office and the country.

Yes, but he fits in rather well with the rest of the Administration, as Red Flag 1 pointed out.

Pete S
09-05-2009, 04:09
Every time I see and hear him it makes me miss Tony Snow a little more.

RIP Tony.

JJ_BPK
09-05-2009, 07:15
I am of the opinion White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs is.....an embarrassment to the office and the country.

Part of your problem,, Is assuming he is an embarrassment to the office....

I think the current POTUS & staff, et all,, is encouraging this type of behavior ..

I think it's an "in your face" insult to America,, planned & executed by Zero & staff...

Watch Van Jones,, if the commissar stays,, we have a major problem with the Trailer Park Trash occupying the WH..

My $00.0002

Gypsy
09-05-2009, 08:33

RIP Tony.

Aye. RIP.

Gibbs is a pompous ass, like others in the current administration.

Utah Bob
09-05-2009, 08:40
He is also, in my opinion, a pussy.;)

incarcerated
09-05-2009, 09:00
....butt my buddy Kermit sent this picture, it came from a resume he submitted for a WH intern position..

Looks like an IRS audit to me...

:D

jw74
09-05-2009, 10:20
He is also, in my opinion, a pussy.;)

Agreed. And the pink ties he usually wears don't help.

ZonieDiver
09-06-2009, 14:43

RIP Tony.

Tony Snow! Hell, he makes me miss DeeDee Myers.:D

18DWife
09-07-2009, 07:48

RIP Tony.

Yes this :(

I can't stand to watch Gibbs
His whole attitude is a turn off ..I totally agree with the OP's statement

BMT (RIP)
09-07-2009, 08:52
I GOOGLE for a bio on this FOOL and found nothing.

His background and record's must be classified!!

BMT

jw74
09-07-2009, 11:23
Gibbs was born in Auburn, Alabama on March 29, 1971. His parents, Robert and Nancy Gibbs, worked in the Auburn University library system and involved their son in politics at an early age. Nancy Gibbs would take Robert, then known as "Bobby," to local League of Women Voters meetings [explains the pink ties] rather than hire a babysitter, and involved him in "voter re-identification" work at the county courthouse. Gibbs attended Auburn City Schools and Auburn High School. At Auburn High, Gibbs played saxophone in the Auburn High School Band, goalkeeper on the Tigers' soccer team, and participated on the school's debate squad. Gibbs graduated from Auburn High in 1989, in the same class as novelist Ace Atkins and mathematician and LEGO artist Eric Harshbarger.

Gibbs then attended North Carolina State University, where he majored in political science. From 1990 through 1992, Gibbs was goalkeeper for the North Carolina State Wolfpack soccer team. Gibbs graduated from North Carolina State cum laude with a degree in political science.

Praetorian
09-07-2009, 12:43
He comes off as an arrogant A-hole.

Utah Bob
09-07-2009, 16:56
AHA! A soccer player. I knew it!

I don't mind the pink tie. I've been known to wear pink myself. My wife is a breast cancer survivor.

But he's still a pussy.;)

18DWife
09-07-2009, 17:20
I am ashamed he is from the South :( That is embarrassing

The Reaper
09-07-2009, 17:36
He comes off as an arrogant A-hole.

I thought that was a requirement to work in this Administration.

Anyone there with a sense of humilty or responsibility? If so, I missed them.

TR

doctom54
09-07-2009, 18:31
Part of your problem,, Is assuming he is an embarrassment to the office....

I think the current POTUS & staff, et all,, is encouraging this type of behavior ..

..... we have a major problem with the Trailer Park Trash occupying the WH..

My $00.0002

There are a number of "Trailer Park Trash" in my part of the country who would be offended being compared to the White House crew. ;)

Tatonka316
09-07-2009, 18:42
One of my favorite chants at Duke vs. NC State games was, "If you can't go to college, go to State!" Knowing that clown went to NCState explains alot.

As far as listening to his babble - thank God for the MUTE button!!!:lifter

jw74
09-08-2009, 09:03
AHA! A soccer player. I knew it!

I don't mind the pink tie. I've been known to wear pink myself. My wife is a breast cancer survivor.

But he's still a pussy.;)

My apologies. That's a good reason to wear a pink tie and it didn't occur to me. It's really his giant pink talking head that I don't care for.

Richard
09-08-2009, 10:16
Anybody here ever work a JIB? It ain't an easy job being a PAO. ;)

Richard's $.02 :munchin

HowardCohodas
09-08-2009, 14:05
I'm reluctant to be too hard on Gibbs. After all, he and Biden are gifts that keep on giving. By the liberals own playbook, ridicule is one of the best tools in fighting your opposition.

Dozer523
09-08-2009, 19:39
Every time I see and hear him it makes me miss Tony Snow a little more.RIP Tony. Sort of miss Scott McClellan, too.