View Full Version : Conscientious Objector?
The Reaper
09-04-2009, 16:54
Is this a conscientious objector, or a yellow punk coward, who let the taxpayer pay his tuition before deciding that he wanted to go home?
TR
http://www.strike-the-root.com/3/wiggins/wiggins7.html
I cleaned better stuff off the bottom of my shoes after I mowed the yard.
* Note - I have three big dogs
Dozer523
09-04-2009, 17:13
Is this a conscientious objector, or a yellow punk coward, who let the taxpayer pay his tuition before deciding that he wanted to go home?TR "David Wiggins is a West Point honor graduate and an honors graduate of New York Medical College. He left the Army as a Conscientious Objector, resigning his commission as an Army Captain on the Iraqi front lines during Operation Desert Storm. He is currently an Emergency Physician.
Well at least when someone from down-range kicks his ass he can try that "physician heal thyself crap."
Come on! TR:mad:"yellow punk coward" Is that REALLY the best you can do?:(
Another pity is that as a leader, he may have influenced impressionable young troop into considering his way of "thinking" while slithering his way from 2LT to CPT. Hopefully his drivel was blocked from reaching them by the NCO's.
Another pity is that as a leader, he may have influenced impressionable young troop into considering his way of "thinking" while slithering his way from 2LT to CPT. Hopefully his drivel was blocked from reaching them by the NCO's.
He may have had influence before receiving his commission. According to Dr. Wiggins, his views took shape while he was still at West Point. Source is here (http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig4/wiggins4.html).
Fortunately, there is a secret worldwide society of pacifists working on a solution. I was inducted into this group in 1984 while a senior cadet at the United States Military Academy, one of the group’s most important training centers. I eventually left the Army for reasons of personal philosophy, and joined the society’s classically pacifist branch where I am better suited.
In the piece cited above, Dr. Wiggins provides an interesting take on war and warriors.Leave the violence to those whose genes should not be passed on.But mostly, there and elsewhere, he drones on about his favorite topic: himself.
I hope that he practices medicine better than he writes or he thinks.
So many holes in this guys argument that I don't know where to start...so I won't. I can understand a pacifist, but this guy is openly hostile towards soldiers. That I do not get.
Red Flag 1
09-04-2009, 20:50
Is this a conscientious objector, or a yellow punk coward, who let the taxpayer pay his tuition before deciding that he wanted to go home?
TR
http://www.strike-the-root.com/3/wiggins/wiggins7.html
ypc.
Small list of supporters. Smaller list of , "editors". Has not the ability to say what he does without backing and editorial support!!
Not conscientious, just a lame objector, IMHO.
RF 1
He hates what he tried to become, but failed.
Lets just call him what he is. A piece of shit.
He's a piece of shit who was was discharged from the army for "conduct unbecoming" after a court martial. He was fined $50,000.
Yes, he did try the "CO" route, but his claims to have resigned are bull crap.
The army formalized and recorded his lack of honor and integrity.
Hope I meet him someday......
Yes he's a pussy.
I was a 165-pound weakling and was forever getting pushed around by the Army. I had almost no freedom at all, that is, until I discovered my foolproof method. This method took me years of heartache and frustration to develop, but I am willing to share it with you absolutely free of charge. Imagine trying to fight the U.S. Army using conventional methods. One shot and you would very likely be dead! If you took up arms against the U.S. Army, even with “the most powerful weapons known to man,” you would be rubbed out quicker than a Hussein brother in Mosul. Yet with my method, I was able to take on the entire Army—and win! Let me tell you my story:
For years, I tried every imaginable way to feel free. I even wanted to defend the freedom of others. I saw advertisements for other methods on TV. I heard about them on the radio, and read about them in papers. “Serve your country and defend freedom,” they said. “Join the U.S. Army.” So I did. I joined the Army as a West Point Cadet... - socialistviewpoint.org/feb_04/feb_04_05.html
David Wiggins MD, Captain, US Army, doctor. Resigned commission near the Iraq border during Desert Storm 1991. Veterans For Peace
Greater Seattle, Chapter 92
dwiggmd@yahoo.com
Message to the Troops: Resist!
By David Wiggins, AlterNet
October 11, 2002
http://web.archive.org/web/20021024173805/http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=14289
Army Doctor Continues Hunger Strike; Citing Conscience, He Seeks Discharge
The Washington Post December 13, 1990 Elizabeth Hudson
Army Capt. David Wiggins, a West Point graduate and doctor scheduled to depart for Saudi Arabia Monday, is on the 13th day of a hunger strike at Fort Hood to "make myself useless to the Army."
When a federal court rejected his appeal for discharge as a conscientious objector Nov. 30, Wiggins said he ate a pizza, then began his fast.
Wiggins, 28, said that he is not specifically opposed to U.S. involvement in the Persian Gulf and that his decision to become a conscientious objector was not based on events there. For the last year, he said, he has tried unsuccessfully to convince the Army ...
War Objector Surprised by Light Sentence; West Point Graduate Credits Sympathetic Judge With Lenience
The Washington Post May 8, 1991 Elizabeth Hudson.
This material is published under license from the Washington Post. All inquiries regarding rights should be directed to the Washington Post. (Hide copyright information) Copyright
Army Capt. David Wiggins, a doctor who went on a monthlong hunger strike last year when denied discharge as a conscientious objector, said today that he was surprised by the sentence given him at a court-martial in Saudi Arabia.
"I'd expected the worst . . . prison," said Wiggins, who was fined $25,000 and dismissed from the service with the equivalent of a dishonorable discharge.
Wiggins, 28, a West Point graduate, credited a sympathetic Army judge for a sentence that he had expected to be much more severe. "I felt the judge saw things my way," he said, citing charges that the judge ...
Photo Spokane Chronicle article
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1345&dat=19901228&id=jLkSAAAAIBAJ&sjid=A_oDAAAAIBAJ&pg=5272,4089682
Mentioned in a NYT article...
But many resisters say they are willing to suffer severe consequences for a greater good, preventing war. Capt. David Wiggins, a 28-year-old Army flight surgeon who is a graduate of West Point, has spent the last month on a hunger strike in Saudi Arabia after his conscientious-objector application was denied. While he said he now believed that war was "an unnecessary evil," Captain Wiggins is continuing on duty for now. Like Signing a Death Warrant - nytimes.com/1991/01/14/us/turning-against-the-military-life-they-once-chose.html
He even got taken down a peg by a fellow MD on a cycle forum.
cyclingforums.com/rec-bicycles-racing-archive/133140-freire-out-tour.html
blue02hd
09-05-2009, 07:21
I would love to see CO's remain in service and finish the contract they signed. They could be busted in rank and sent to Arlington National Cematery, or even Walter Reed to work the grounds. The Army does need ditch diggers too ya know. A special uniform could be designated to highlight the status that they worked so hard to argue for?
Just a thought.
To paraphrase a famous national debate moment:
I knew COs - and you, DR Wiggins, are no CO!
Richard's $.02 :munchin
Remington Raidr
09-05-2009, 14:01
a yellow punk coward - check
West Point honor graduate - check
honors graduate of New York Medical College - check
worldwide society of pacifists - check
openly hostile towards soldiers - double-check
a piece of shit who was discharged from the army for "conduct unbecoming" after a court martial -check
a pussy - check
slithering his way - check
LADIES AN GENNELMEN, I GIVE YOU . . .
The New Healthcare Czar!!!!
dirtyshirt
09-05-2009, 14:33
He, and people like him make me sick;really. My blood pressure has skyrocketed upon reading his drivel,and I have had a headache I cannot get rid of for 2 days now due to this POS.
xxx
Soldiers,past and present,have gained him the right to espouse his views/drivel in a public forum.
IDK why he was not busted to private and then discharged, rather than being allowed to "resign his commission".
I hate that he has been given attention, which is what he obviously craves, but this POS did need to be known,JIC someone in his AO was to encounter him,or even worse, end up with him as their doctor,without knowing about his past and views;)
I am gonna go take another goody powder.
The Reaper
09-05-2009, 15:38
His hatred for his former comrades makes me curious about one thing.
I wonder if he took his dissatisfaction out on any soldiers while still serving, and mistreated them in his role as a physician.
If so, he should have a special place in Hell.
TR
I wonder what PATTON would have done to him.:munchin
He's no CO, CO's that are honest continue to serve in noncombat roles.
He's a shyster that figured out a way for a free education.
We had a female nurse at Mankato State do the same...the day she graduated she became a Lesbian...her and her boyfriend later married.
I wonder what PATTON would have done to him.:munchin
I would rather see what Bubba his cell mate does to him...:eek:
CO's should be put in a special place and kept in an orange jump suit for their full contract doing the worst jobs in the US to free up real men and women to
fight the fight........I would not want him in Arlington or Walter Reed. That would be affront to those who served and sacrificed for our country....
Just my 2 cents
dirtyshirt
09-07-2009, 00:13
CO's should be put in a special place and kept in an orange jump suit for their full contract doing the worst jobs in the US to free up real men and women to
fight the fight........I would not want him in Arlington or Walter Reed. That would be affront to those who served and sacrificed for our country....
Just my 2 cents
I could not agree more. That is really, one of the best ideas to date. Cleaning the barracks,bathrooms,showers,post beautification (picking up ciggie buts),the list is endless,would actually save the Military money (or at least part of the money they are paying these POS's for college-if they took the GI Bill) instead of paying a GS to do the stuff.
The orange/Pink jumpsuit is a great idea too. If they are so strong in their beliefs, they should feel proud to be identified as "different",and they should not see it as an affront or insult.
I still have a headache due to high BP from the POS's drivel. Goody powder isn't helping either:(
LongWire
09-07-2009, 04:17
Wow.......My Eyes!!!!!! THEY BURN!!!!!!!!
What a POS!!!!!!