PDA

View Full Version : INVISIO headset

D9 (RIP)
09-02-2009, 13:27
Is anyone here familiar with these headsets operationally?

I've seen on several AARs that bone mics are essential kit outside of the trucks, but I have not seen a discussion on here of which are superior. Does anyone have any particular models they have deployed with and had good experiences with?

LOL, my wish list is due in to the XO in a few days. :eek:

Below is a link to one of the headsets.

http://www.nextlink.to/content/us/products/invisio_m4

Papa Zero Three
09-02-2009, 17:20
Is anyone here familiar with these headsets operationally?

I've seen on several AARs that bone mics are essential kit outside of the trucks, but I have not seen a discussion on here of which are superior. Does anyone have any particular models they have deployed with and had good experiences with?

LOL, my wish list is due in to the XO in a few days. :eek:

Below is a link to one of the headsets.

http://www.nextlink.to/content/us/products/invisio_m4

I am very familiar with this company's in ear headsets. I worked with the USA distributor from New York/Swat headsets in developing a dual in ear system for use during freefall operations for my command that has since morphed into the X50 passive hearing protection/commo setup. I've personally used the system from the early version M3 up to the X50 as it developed.

BLUF: Either used as an individual in ear bone mic or as hearing protection/commo gear, it is one of the best performers out there once the user understands how to properly insert the ear bud(s). The whole head space and timing thing.

It's not rocket science, but you can't expect to just jam it in your ear and have it work 100%, proper insertion is the key. Inserted properly, the user can talk while in freefall, on Aircraft, while wearing an O2 mask, while in a vehicle, while under canopy and be heard on the receiving end without any background noise. It is possible to whisper and have it transmit clearly. As long as the user generates sound/vibration by speaking it is transferred to the bone mic thats inside the ear bud.

The wires used are kevlar reinforced so they are strong but not so strong that they wouldn't break when you'd want them to break. If I recall correctly, they have a 100lb break strength.

The great thing about this piece of kit, unlike Peltors, is that it can be worn and used in the air,water, under a pro mask, while wearing an O2 mask and it has a small footprint. It also allows the user to run dual comms/radios if need be, Ie: plugged into A/C comms while also plugged into Team comms or if you need to be on two different nets like a Command/Assault net and or ground to air and ground to ground at the same time. The PTT junction can be user configured based on your requirements for plug/radio connection type and or a Hand vs chest mounted PTT.

It's a solid product and worth the money, especially the X50 hearing protection version.

* I am not associated with the above company nor do I receive any bennies from them*

If you need more specifics or a POC at the company send me a PM.