PDA

View Full Version : Unique Problem

ditchdoc
08-26-2009, 08:07
I am currently trying to enlist in the US Army. I am prior service discharged due to a medical condition I had as a child. I have gotten that worked out due to fact that it was a self correcting problem that I no longer have. Problem is that according to DOD I am already active duty in the US Navy as a Petty Officer. I am not nor have I ever been in the Navy. Took my DD214 to a local recruiting office but have gotten no answers. Been about eight months now and I seem to be getting nowhere fast. Any advice would be appreciated.

SF_BHT
08-26-2009, 08:10
I am currently trying to enlist in the US Army. I am prior service discharged due to a medical condition I had as a child. I have gotten that worked out due to fact that it was a self correcting problem that I no longer have. Problem is that according to DOD I am already active duty in the US Navy as a Petty Officer. I am not nor have I ever been in the Navy. Took my DD214 to a local recruiting office but have gotten no answers. Been about eight months now and I seem to be getting nowhere fast. Any advice would be appreciated.

So what service were you in and for how long?

ditchdoc
08-26-2009, 08:25
I was in the Army. Just for a few months. I was at sick call on morning with bronchitis and the doc asked me if I had ever had any breathing or heart problems in the past. I told him that I had Mitral Valve Prolapse as a child. Pulled my med recs and discharged me. Just got new testing completed and I have no valve stenosis, regurgitation ,or tachydysrythmia. I want to get an 18X contract. I want this more than anything else in the world. So much in fact that I am willing to walk away from a six figure career. I don't have a clue where to go from here.

Richard
08-26-2009, 08:49
Find a hungry recruiter who needs to make mission and will work with and for you - the one's you're dealing with sound lackadaisical.

Richard's $.02 :munchin

JJ_BPK
08-26-2009, 08:56

Are you saying the DOD lists someone with your SSN as active duty??

That might take a bit to fix..
You might need your congressmen to jerk some strings at Navy to challenge the person using your SSN..
OR you need to alert the Social Security Administration that someone is using your SSN..

Richard
08-26-2009, 09:47
Are you saying the DOD lists someone with your SSN as active duty??

Or...maybe the recruiter typed it in wrong. :confused:

But if it is true - sounds as if someone may have stolen your identity and fraudulently enlisted by using it. I wonder why an automatic investigation wasn't initiated as soon as that posibility came up with the recruiter since the SSAN is also the individual's SN? :confused:

ditchdoc
08-26-2009, 10:08
Read back my ssn ,dob, and current address correctly. Odd part was that I had just moved and had only been at the new address for two months. I think I will try the political route. Have a friend in the Senate.

Razor
08-26-2009, 10:09
IIRC, Army recruiting made mission + already this fiscal year, so don't expect to find many hungry recruiters until 01 Oct 09.

The Reaper
08-26-2009, 10:31
Or...maybe the recruiter typed it in wrong. :confused:

But if it is true - sounds as if someone may have stolen your identity and fraudulently enlisted by using it. I wonder why an automatic investigation wasn't initiated as soon as that posibility came up with the recruiter since the SSAN is also the individual's SN? :confused:

Concur.

If the recruiter is correct, someone is using your ID.

Could be an issue for the FBI or NCIS.

TR

ditchdoc
08-26-2009, 10:42
Off the original topic but, I am a Critical Care RN and Flight Paramedic. What kind of demand is there for medics in SOF?

Richard
08-26-2009, 10:57
What kind of demand is there for medics in SOF?

Same as it always has been - HIGH.

SF_BHT
08-26-2009, 11:35
Read back my ssn ,dob, and current address correctly. Odd part was that I had just moved and had only been at the new address for two months. I think I will try the political route. Have a friend in the Senate.

I just sent you a PM. Please Call me ASAP.........

SF_BHT
08-26-2009, 12:35
He has been connected with the right Fed LEO office.

Good luck.....

IH8D
08-28-2009, 13:57
He has been connected with the right Fed LEO office.

Good luck.....

Just got to say, it's things like this that make me want to earn the right to work with you fine gentlemen even more. Just the camaraderie you gentlemen have over what I've seen in the "big" army, it simply amazes me.

Anyways what I'm trying to say, is mass "kudos", high-fives, thumbs up or whatever your flavor is, can't wait to be part of that team, that brotherhood....