PDA

View Full Version : Meet the Garrison Girls:

Pete
08-21-2009, 13:30
Meet the Garrison Girls: Army wives recreate the WWII Vargas Girls images for nude calendar in honour of their husbands

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1208118/Meet-Garrison-Girls-Army-wives-recreate-WWII-Vargas-Girls-images-saucy-calender-honour-husbands.html

Don't peek if you're shy.

Surely our Army can outdo the Brits.

ZonieDiver
08-21-2009, 13:48
Rule Britannia! :D

mojaveman
08-21-2009, 19:04
Hey Pete,

Do you think anything like that would fly on our side of the pond?

Any readers want to let their significant others do some modeling?

How about a calendar with pictures of officers wives?

God save the Queen!

Richard
08-21-2009, 20:04
Those women certainly aren't of the quality of classic Vargas girl material.

Richard's $.02 :munchin

LarryW
08-21-2009, 20:11
Those women certainly aren't of the quality of classic Vargas girl material.

You're right...these were better.

Richard
08-21-2009, 20:16
You're right...these were better.

YGTBSM! http://www.thepinupfiles.com/vargas1.html

LarryW
08-21-2009, 20:51
Looking at Vargas drawings are wonderful, true. But I am inspired more by the secret potential of these flesh and blood women. It's less what I see and more what I imagine I see.

Then again, maybe I need to have the doc change my BP meds...:D

Richard
08-21-2009, 20:53
Obviously, you've never had a good look at a typical British woman's dental work when she smiles! :rolleyes:

Abu-Shakra
08-22-2009, 00:42
Any readers want to let their significant others do some modeling?

F' NO!!

TOMAHAWK9521
08-22-2009, 00:56
Obviously, you've never had a good look at a typical British woman's dental work when she smiles! :rolleyes:

To illustrate Richard's point, here is an link to ebaumsworld. It's Sweden vs UK. You be the judge.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/80617103/

alfromcolorado
08-22-2009, 05:47
To illustrate Richard's point, here is an link to ebaumsworld. It's Sweden vs UK. You be the judge.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/80617103/

Interesting. Those same pictures of "Swedish girls" were circulating as "Ukrainian girls" in a Power Point going around European email chain mail channels... I got it about 5 years ago.

Gotta love the internet. Anything can be anything you want it to be...

LarryW
08-22-2009, 06:03
Those same pictures of "Swedish girls" were circulating as "Ukrainian girls" in a Power Point going around European email chain mail channels... I got it about 5 years ago.

I remember seeing those same pics back in '63! We were told they were typical PDRK spies to be careful of in Sasebo! OMG!! Well, they're certainly well preserved! And, what lovely teeth, too! :eek:

LarryW
08-22-2009, 06:15
Perhaps these pics were taken after sunset...imagine them all wearing burkas. Puts a whole new twist on it, huh? Here's to a Happy Ramadan! (Reaching now for the buffalo wings and the Sam Adams.)

Saoirse
08-22-2009, 07:56
While they may have been inspired by Albert Vargas (I love his work...so much so I dressed as a Vargas girl for my bday! :cool: ), they are far from being a Vargas girl. Vargas girls were voluputious, naughty but nice vamps. They portrayed that "come hither" look superbly and could melt men with just a glance...furtive or straight on!

I give those girls kudos for posing, the B&W photo style lends an aura of mystique and I hope that they sell lots of calendars for Help for Heroes and Combat Stress.

Pete.....you bet WE can do better than the Brits! :D:lifter

SF_BHT
08-22-2009, 08:11

Richard

You made the mistake in getting that close:eek:

Richard
08-22-2009, 08:20
You made the mistake in getting that close.

Only once!

alfromcolorado
08-22-2009, 08:38
I remember seeing those same pics back in '63! We were told they were typical PDRK spies to be careful of in Sasebo! OMG!! Well, they're certainly well preserved! And, what lovely teeth, too! :eek:

Did they have chicks that looked that good back in 1963?

greenberetTFS
08-22-2009, 10:27
YGTBSM! http://www.thepinupfiles.com/vargas1.html

I'm solidly behind Richard on this one......... :cool: These girls are OK,but thy are not Vargas material......;)

Big Teddy :munchin

LarryW
08-22-2009, 11:31
Did they have chicks that looked that good back in 1963?

You bet. Least the best I can remember we did.

Vargas girls were voluputious, naughty but nice vamps.

Yes, but they were illustrations. Taken no doubt from live models, but models they were and illustrations they became.

I think what impresses me about these Garrison Girls is that they are the kind of women I would love to meet and congratulate upon the return of their men. They project a determined aloneness, a singular strength, a patience that I never saw in Vargas women. Maybe it's the lighting, maybe it's the fabric, maybe it's just because I know they are real women of AD soldiers/sailors/airmen. Maybe it's because when I had a wife she was that good.

Anyway, could any of our U.S. wives & girlfriends do as well...? OMG, absolutely. Would the AD men approve? My bet is that you'd see another baby-boom. ;)

armymom1228
08-27-2009, 13:07
. It's less what I see and more what I imagine I see.

Then again, maybe I need to have the doc change my BP meds...:D

No, the less you see the more you imagine. I learned that a long time ago.
Isn't the mind a wonderful thing?:D

SF0
08-27-2009, 14:42
Most of those poses remind me of the poses the models did during figure drawing/anatomy class in college. Shows off human form well, but not that alluring.

I'm betting our gals could get a lot closer to Vargas's work!

echoes
08-27-2009, 14:56
Vargas girls were voluputious, naughty but nice vamps. They portrayed that "come hither" look superbly and could melt men with just a glance...furtive or straight on!

Agree completely! Had an Art Professor who was very smitten with the portrayals, and the technique he demonstrated. Very subjective, in His opinion...IIRC.;)

Holly:o

Utah Bob
08-27-2009, 19:32
No, the less you see the more you imagine. I learned that a long time ago.
Isn't the mind a wonderful thing?:D

Kuk? What?? Sorry, I must have drifted off there for a second.:D