PDA

View Full Version : Ques. for Admins.

Roycroft201
07-11-2004, 23:08
Kyobanim:
That is some great information. Thanks for sharing it.

Questions for the PS. admins :
After reading Kyobanim's post this question is going to sound ridiculous but I have been trying to deal with this for several days.

I would like to ONLY subscribe to notification if I receive a PM. However, I have somehow been subscribed to various threads. I have tried "unscribing to all threads" and " Edit my options" . Today I received another notification to a thread.

Can anyone check to see if there is something I have missed or perhaps did incorrectly?

Thanks for your help.
Roycroft201:(

QRQ 30
07-12-2004, 04:46
Go to "Edit Options". On the line:"Use 'Email Notification' by default?" Click NO!

Ambush Master
07-12-2004, 07:39
Belinda,
At the main screen, go to the very top and select User CP. In the lower Right Side of this screen, you will see the Subscribed Forums and Screens options. Any more problems give a shout.
Martin

QRQ 30
07-12-2004, 07:58
I get the opinion you do not want notification by E-mail. Try this in the "Edit Options" screen:

Use 'Email Notification' by default?
Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in. yes no

Check "NO". You should still be able to subscribe and unsubscribe from forums as you wish. However you should no longer get E-mail notification. If that doesn't work you may need to someone higher up on the Guru ladder.

Have a good day!!:)

Roycroft201
07-12-2004, 09:11
Ambush Master and QRQ 30.

Thank you both for responding to my question.

I had tried the problem solutions that both of you suggested to me, but I was still receiving e-mail notification of some threads I had been reading. ( And yes, QRQ 30, your assumption was correct that I was trying to eliminate e-mail notification). The only e-mail notification that I want to receive is when new PM's are rec'd in my inbox.

And, Ambush Master, sir, I am taking you up on your offer to give you a shout if the problem persisted. This morning, for example, I am now still receiving e-mail notification of RL's thread about the BC Sign Trap. (No offense, RL, it is a super thread and I enjoy it immensely, - just trying to avoing receiving so many emails about others reply to it ! LOL !!)

This is why I wondered if you admins could determine what else I may have missed.

Thanks so much,
RC201

Huey14
07-12-2004, 09:14
I had this problem on another forum I frequent. Everything was ticked "no" but I was still receiving email notifications. Most odd.

I eventually went back to my CP and clicked "apply" again. Seemed to fix it. The interweb is a funny thing at times.

Sacamuelas
07-12-2004, 09:31
1. Goto USER CP

2. Then click EDIT OPTIONS

3. Scroll down and click the following answers:

Allow Bulletin Board Administrators and Moderators To Send You Email Notices? YES
Hide Email Address?
Clicking yes hides your email address in your public profile, so that it is not accessible by other users. YES
Use 'Email Notification' by default?
Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in. NO
Enable Private Messaging?
Allows people to send Private Messages to you YES
Send you an email when you receive a Private Message? YES
Pop up a box when you receive a Private Message?
This will pop up a small warning box when you receive a Private Message asking whether you want to view the message. Yes

NOW, Before you go anywhere else, Click the SUBMIT MODIFICATIONS button at the bottom of that page. This is very important and if not submitted then your current settings will still take effect.

That will give you what you want Ma'am. Also make sure you are not subscribed to any forums or threads as suggested earlier.

Team Sergeant
07-12-2004, 09:37
I'm on it now.

TS

QRQ 30
07-12-2004, 09:39
Sacamuelas: Your comment about ensuring that the "submit" button is pushed just may do it. I can't possibly count how many times I have forgotten to do so and wondered what happened.

This reminds me of something that happened in Area Comm Chief school. We had a problem to solve with a TT set. Everything seemed to work but nothing could be sent or received. Everyone had complicated solutions and got a laugh when I said to make sure the equipment was plugged in and turned off. I had the last laugh since the problem was that the modem hadn't been plugged in.:p

Roycroft201
07-12-2004, 09:59
Saca, my friend,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I, too, on occasion may have failed to hit 'submit'. However, this little kink in the works is something I have been trying to correct for a couple days - each time going back over all possible solutions, and I thought I hit submit. However, at my age, I would not guarantee much of anything ! LOL!!

And, my friend, what is the first thing your TEACHERS taught you in elementary school ?
"FOLLOW DIRECTIONS" !!!

I truly thought I was following my own advice so that's why I put out the call for assistance.

Awhile back, when this first started to occur, I may have done some subscribing inadvertently, but I really thought I had improved.

BTW - I just check all the settings you suggested, and I had them already clicked PERFECTLY !
:D

RC201 (now about to hit SUBMIT !!!!!)

Sacamuelas
07-12-2004, 10:04
LOL
Team Sergeant will fix you up.
I wasn't being condescending.... I was just trying to help. Maybe I should have put this at the end of my post. HAHA

":)"

Sacamuelas
07-12-2004, 11:54
LOL...

Welcome NEWEST member Roycroft201. 130 posts on your first day. WOW!

Looks like he had to "kill" you to fix you. Damn....that is what you get for asking a Team Sergeant to fix it instead of a medic. At least he brought you back with enough of a post count to keep your avatar. Now that is a god gun. LOL
:cool: