PDA

View Full Version : China's Ministry Of Defense Web-site

Richard
08-20-2009, 07:14
PRC Ministry of National Defense opens global charm offensive with new web-site.

http://eng.mod.gov.cn/

Here's an interesting photo-essay from the web-site.

An airborne troop unit has selected 200-odd new soldiers to undergo air landing and air dropping training on 12 training subjects with 7 types of parachutes for days in a row, in a bid to cultivate a batch of parachutist training backbones with perfect skills and overall quality. The photos taken on August 13 show some scenes of the training.

http://eng.mod.gov.cn/Photos/2009-08/17/content_4051816.htm

There are also some interesting press releases - a real departure for China.

Comments on Sino-Russian joint military exercise
( Source: PLA Daily ) 2009-July-27 17:12

The “Peace Mission 2009” Sino-Russian joint anti-terrorism military exercise successfully concluded on July 26. Xing Shucheng, deputy commander of the campaign command of the Chinese side, commented on this exercise.

According to Xing Shucheng, the “Peace Mission 2009” is another important joint military exercise following the “Peace Mission 2005” and the “Peace Mission 2007”. This exercise has four innovations compared with the previous ones.

In terms of the guiding principle, the terrorists were assumed as the opponents who had quite strong ground-to-air combat capability, occupied a city and established a sound defense system. In terms of the organization and command, the joint integration of strategic planning, campaign command and tactical operation was realized for the first time. In terms of the operation model, the joint combat elements were quite comprehensively designed. During the 80-minute-long concentrated and saturated strike, the Chinese and Russian participating troops integrated such contents as air attack, ground assault and special operation, greatly enhancing the combat effectiveness. In terms of the exercise support, the outsourcing support was introduced into the joint military exercise for the first time, for example, the supermarket, bank, telephone bar and cyber bar were set up in the camp village, realizing win-win in the benefit of combat effectiveness construction and social benefit.

Xing Shucheng said that exercise is the highest stage of military training of the troops in peacetime. The “Peace Mission 2009” military exercise has tested the capability of the PLA in implementing large-scale joint anti-terrorism operation and accumulated precious experience.

http://eng.mod.gov.cn/Opinion/2009-07/27/content_4008518.htm
And so it goes... ;)

Richard's $.02 :munchin

stickey
08-29-2009, 18:19
Possilbly addressed in a previous thread, but I find it interesting, maybe even alarming at the "acu" patterned uniform the chinese JM was wearing.

two thoughts came to mind

1. The ones we wear are cheaply made in China (which i know the standard issued are not, they come from wellstone/tullahoma industries, but some of the knock-offs might be). Just a first thought, which really shows the mental or psychi when it comes to clothing and imports from China. (caveat, i do my best to check where my clothing is made before i buy and i avoid China and Pakistan).

2. Why would they use ACU patterned uniforms like ours other than to just play a game.

Maybe it doesnt matter, maybe it does. We will see i guess.