PDA

View Full Version : DCI

NousDefionsDoc
07-11-2004, 14:17
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=615&e=5&u=/nm/20040711/pl_nm/security_cia_dc

What do you guys think will happen with this? They're talking about re-vamping the position again.

Kyobanim
07-11-2004, 15:59
They'll just keep fixing it and fixing it until they have it really effed up. I just hope they don't rush on finding a nominee. Take your time and do it right.

brewmonkey
07-11-2004, 16:46
I am still trying to figure out what the hell happened. The only thing I am sure of is that they are blaming the President for the failures of the CIA and the intel it had (or didn't have) yet Tenet was appointed by Clinton.

Whatever they do they need to obviously have clearly defined goals as that seems to be the biggest problem. No one seems to be sure what the other is doing. Maybe moving some of the intel agencies under one roof is not a bad idea.

Roguish Lawyer
07-12-2004, 10:48
Interesting to see John Lehman on the list. What do you guys think of him?

QRQ 30
07-12-2004, 11:16
The CIA has leadership now. To niminate and confirm a replacement for the old Director would be quite ludicrous. They should wait until after the election. Not only is the President up for election but 1/3 of the representatives.

As an aside, I disagreed with the President's time table but still think he acted reasonably with the information he had to work with.