PDA

View Full Version : MSG(RET) Enos Ward

Stras
08-15-2009, 03:59
It is with deep sadness that I inform you of the passing of MSG(RET) Enos Ward. Enos worked at SFAS when I went through in 1991, and Phase 13 in 1992. A true Quiet Professional who wasn't above helping the new guys learn the ropes. a true warrior, brother, and friend. Enos spent the majority of his SF career with the 10th SFG(A) in Ft Devens, Bad Toelz, and Ft Carson. He was also a member of this website.

Enos, you may be gone, but you won't be forgotten!!!

"Subject: Passing of Enos Ward
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 23:01:12 -0400
All,
Message sent from a fellow QP; "It's with a sad heart that I have to write that Enos Ward passed away today in Baghdad of a heart attack. More info will be posted as we receive it in regards to the service and location."

v/r
Stras

De Oppresso Liber

Red Flag 1
08-15-2009, 05:56
Rest In Peace MSG Ward!!

Thank you for your service!!

longrange1947
08-15-2009, 07:45
Rest In Peace MSG. You have earned your rest.

Abu Jack
08-15-2009, 07:50
Sad News. Rest In Peace, Brother.

Richard
08-15-2009, 08:01
RIP, Top!

HMass18Z
08-15-2009, 08:03
I knew Enos for many many years, going all the way back to our 10th Group days at Ft Devens. We HALO'd and rode our Harleys together, elk hunted together, taught our boys to elk hunt together, and watched as our boys turned into men and join the Army. And I think we may had even shared a little Jim Beam together. Sitting around the fire at Elk Camp this year will not be the same......Enos, you will be greatly missed.

Rest in peace my Brother.

SF_BHT
08-15-2009, 08:38
Rest in Peace Brother.....
You will be missed by your friends, family and your country.......

armymom1228
08-15-2009, 09:53
We civilians stay safe from harm because of men like you, Sir...
RIP, I know your brothers who went before you have welcomed you home.
There is a special place in heaven for men such as you.

The Reaper
08-15-2009, 10:00
Damn.

RIP, hermano.

You will be missed here.

TR

greenberetTFS
08-15-2009, 10:23
Rest in Peace, Warrior ..........................:(

Big Teddy

mffjm8509
08-15-2009, 10:38
Rest in Peace Brother!

Blue Skies.

Enigma0122
08-15-2009, 10:49
With sadness. Rest in Peace Warrior. You are not forgotten, ever

Saoirse
08-15-2009, 10:49
Rest in Peace, Warrior! Thank you for your service.
My prayers and deepest sympathies go out to his family and friends.

echoes
08-15-2009, 10:59
Rest In Peace, Sir.

Your bravery, courage, and sacrifice will NEVER be forgotten.

Holly

Rogue
08-15-2009, 11:02
Rest in Peace

Penn
08-15-2009, 11:04
MSG Ward, RIP and Thank you for your service.

Blues
08-15-2009, 11:11
MSG Enos Ward, Thank you for being a friend when one was needed. RIP.

Kingfisher
08-15-2009, 11:31
RIP.

NousDefionsDoc
08-15-2009, 12:14
Rest in Peace Brother. De Oppresso Liber

JJ_BPK
08-15-2009, 12:24
RIP MSG Ward, Vaya con Dios..

swpa19
08-15-2009, 12:40
R.I.P. MSG.

ZonieDiver
08-15-2009, 15:07
Rest In Peace.

Deadhead 63A1
08-15-2009, 16:54
Damn... Very sorry to hear this. I met Enos when my team went to HAVE ACE and he was one of the coordinators there. He was a good man. Rest in peace, Enos.

Ret10Echo
08-15-2009, 17:09
Sad news... Go well Enos you will be missed. I'm glad to have gotten back in touch here on PS after a long break in contact.

Blue Skies......

JRB
08-16-2009, 02:24
Enos, from Toelz to Carson we had some great times. Rest well old friend, I’ll miss you.

Mike792
08-16-2009, 02:38
Rest In Peace.

LongTabSigO
08-16-2009, 07:19
Requiescat in Pace, Enos.

I had the privilege of serving with him in Stuttgart from 2000 to 2001 at 1/10. A fine NCO and Soldier and a damn good man.

You will be missed.

Stras
08-16-2009, 15:04
FYI- Enos had a cyst in his throat and cause of death will not be known until early next week when an autopsy is done. His wife Peggy has asked us to get this out because she’s getting all kind of crazy emails of cause of death. Please pass this on and we will put out more dates and information as we get them.

csquare
08-16-2009, 15:54
Wow! I'm blown away. Enos was my neighbor at Carson and I've known him for a long time. I also reconnected thru here, just spoke with him, via email, a couple of weeks ago. Damn good man!

Water Rat
08-16-2009, 16:08
I was lucky enough to have served with Enos in the 10th SFG(A). He was an honorable man who loved HALO operations. His knowledge of UW was unsurpassed. Life is short so always give 110%. Have a great HALO insertion Enos into the ultimate UWOA and we'll all be inserted into your AO before you know it!

De Oppresso Liber

Brad

Stras
08-17-2009, 10:29
Some picks of Enos.

Razor
08-17-2009, 11:23
Rest easy, brother.

Surgicalcric
08-17-2009, 12:08
Blue Skies Brother.

Crip

vondaWard
08-17-2009, 12:12
Enos was born into this world to be one thing.......A Special Forces Soldier. And he was damn good one. One of the best. He loved the life of SF. It was in his blood. He lived his everyday life as a Green Beret. We were proud of him and proud to be part of the SF family. He taught us all well, his boys learned life is never fair but if you stand tall and take it on like a man you will succeed. I spent 21 years as his wife, it wasn't always perfect but I loved Enos. He taught me many of life's survival skills. And for that I am eternally greatfull. He was a warrior, but most of you don't know he did have a soft side. He loved his boys and was very proud of them. Our oldest made him a Grandpa of three........which that is where his soft side came out. He loved those grandbabies. His youngest followed in his footsteps and joined the Army and made his dad beem with pride. Anyone who ever served with Enos knew him as a great warrior and leader. Enos never followed......he always led the way and set the example and stanadard. Which he was always above. It's so hard to believe he's gone, but he will never be out of our hearts. Enos, I know you are up there looking down telling us were all a bunch of sissies for crying, but damn it we cant be stoic all the time. We love you and will miss you. Thank you for giving me the life I had with you and thank you so much for our boys. RIP

The Reaper
08-17-2009, 12:31
Now that was a fine eulogy, Mrs. Ward.

Thanks for sharing.

TR

vondaWard
08-17-2009, 13:11
If anyone of you remeber Henry Koenig, could you please let him know about Enos. I've lost contact with him over the years. he and Enos were close in the early years, back when we were really just kids. He can contact me at vward64@yahoo.com

Pigpen
08-17-2009, 15:12
Sad news indeed, Enos will be missed.

Flat, dumb and happy. Blues Skies Enos.

Ambush Master
08-17-2009, 15:29
Rest In Peace Brother!! We'll be looking for you on that Final DZ!!

Martin

Stras
08-18-2009, 16:07
http://enos-ward.memory-of.com/About.aspx

Stras
08-21-2009, 06:44
SFA National HQ
has coverage on this already , he is being placed in the Drop (TAPS).
Please stop by his page and leave a message and light a candle. Thanks
Rxxxx!!!!!!!!! http://enos-ward.memory-of.com/tributes.aspx

Our SF Brother MSG. (R) Enos Ward, 10th SFG has been called from labor
to refreshments. His home SFA Chapter is 4-24 Colorado (Pres. Donald
Bennett-above), hosting Chapter 88 ( Pres. Chuck Daniel-above).

Baghdad, Iraq (Information Below)

Memorial service for MSG (R) Enos Ward on Tuesday, 25 August beginning
at 1000 at the Camp Stryker Chapel. If there is any other changes I
will send them out for those here, I will lock your email in.

Stateside, Fla (Information Below)

Enos Ward's funeral ceremony is scheduled for Tuesday, 11:00 AM EASTERN
STANDARD TIME, 25 AUG 09 at the First Baptist Church of Callahan, 45090
Green Ave, Callahan, FL 32011, tel. 904-879-2172. The family has
requested only flowers be sent and that the flowers should be sent
directly to the church not earlier than Monday, 24 Aug.

Hosting Chapter: Chuck DXXXXX, President of Chapter 88, Special Forces
Association reports that the 20th SFGA (NG) will provide a burial detail
for the funeral service. The SFA Chapter will present the SF Regimental
Colors to the Family.

Remember to: Leave your comments and things special about Enos

Visit Enos's <http://enos-ward.memory-of.com>

God Bless and God Speed brother!!!!

12B4S
08-23-2009, 02:32
RIP MSG...........

JimmyMc091
08-24-2009, 08:57
Rest easy Enos.

Stras
08-25-2009, 18:19
RE: MSG (Ret) Enos L.H. Ward, 45, USA, Desert Storm / OIF / OEF, 24, 25 AUG 09
by Daze

Mission complete:
As we arrived for the visitation last night ,and for the services today for MSG. Ward, I saw several people that I knew and spoke with them before, during and after the visitation and services.
What I had not known until then, was that they were all part of MSG Ward's family, giving this honor mission even more of a personal meaning. As we formed and stood our flag line last night, many of the men of MSG Wards unit came through and shook our hands, as did numerious family members and friends. Thanking us for being there.
Major Holder and the members of MSG Wards unit joined us in forming the line to render honors as the family and MSG ward left the church for the last time.
At the cemetary, two lines were again formed, one of the PGR members, and the other of both active duty and retired Special Forces to render honors to their HERO as he was carried by his brothers in arms to his rest.
Military honors were accorded to MSG Ward at graveside, and his wife and sons were presented with flags by his unit.
Thank you to toe family of MSG Ward for extending the invitation to the Patriot Guard to join them and his Brothers in the Special forces in honoring his service in defending our freedoms.
He will not be forgotton but remembered as a HERO.
This honor mission had a positive side note.
As we staged for the services today, we received news that the Buses carrying the 256th from Ft. Stuart back to Camp Blanding were headed our way, and would be passing our location in Callahan prior to MSG Wards services.
A flag line was set along side of U.S. 301, and as the busses carrying them home passed, we welcomed them with flags and waves. We gave them a send off when they deployed, and told them we would welcome them home. All members of the unit returned safely
A thank you to all who participated today, both in the Honoring of MSG Wrad, and welcoming home our other troops.
Job well done to all.

John "Daze" Vincent
Senior Ride Captain
Jacksonville, Fl.
One flag or five hundred, the PGR will be there.
Never Again!! This IS what we do!
U.S. Navy, 1964-1970
Viet-Nam 1965-1967

U.S.S. Beale (DD471) Tonkin Gulf/Yankee Station 1965-66
U.S.S. Charles R. Ware (DD865) Tonkin Gulf/Yankee Station 1966-67
U.S.S. Skill (MSO 471) Charleston, S.C. 1969-70

AGONZ67
08-29-2009, 21:15
You will be missed.......

rltipton
10-04-2009, 14:41
I don't know how I missed this one. So sad. Enos was one of my SFAS cadre in 91 and Phase 13 cadre in 1992. He was one of my first team daddy's best friends and used to stop by the team room periodically and we'd all head out to lunch. He was one of the best and most professional soldiers I ever met.

Thank you for everything, Enos. You will be sorely missed. Rest in peace, brother.

Conrad Y
10-15-2009, 13:24
I have known Enos off and on for years. What a tragic loss. He will be remembered.

Conrad

wet dog
02-18-2010, 01:15
It is with deep sadness that I inform you of the passing of MSG(RET) Enos Ward. Enos worked at SFAS when I went through in 1991, and Phase 13 in 1992. A true Quiet Professional who wasn't above helping the new guys learn the ropes. a true warrior, brother, and friend. Enos spent the majority of his SF career with the 10th SFG(A) in Ft Devens, Bad Toelz, and Ft Carson. He was also a member of this website.

Enos, you may be gone, but you won't be forgotten!!!

"Subject: Passing of Enos Ward
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 23:01:12 -0400
All,
Message sent from a fellow QP; "It's with a sad heart that I have to write that Enos Ward passed away today in Baghdad of a heart attack. More info will be posted as we receive it in regards to the service and location."

v/r
Stras

De Oppresso Liber

I'm not sure how I missed this thread. MSG Enos Ward stopped by my ANCOC class in Jan. 1992. He was visiting one of his fellow team members in the course. He sat in for better part of the morning, participated in some discussion, then left. I remember him, thinking, his guy had it right.

Had not Enos recently join PS.com, not that long ago?

MSG Ward, rest easy brother, I'm honored to have met you.

nremtp
05-16-2010, 22:32
I am prior service 19E, 19K and 88M, I have 9 1/2 years prior service. I am in the guard now and am assigned to the 20th Group. I am a 911( trauma junkie) paramedic. I have 14 years exp. as a paramedic in Georgia and Alabama.

Chemist
09-22-2010, 21:15
I am nothing of myself, but I have had the sublime honor and privilege of serving with some of the finest America has to offer. My service with the 5th SFGA was in the late 1970s. I did some other stuff of which my boss in the DCD was very happy and I got to depart on a good note under the Carter administration. My main regret is that I did not see the "Reagan" at the end of the tunnel. I, personally, must say at this time that CSM Georg Moskaluk was the finest American soldier with whom I'd ever had the privilege to serve during my service. RIP good and honorable soldier.

troy2k
10-03-2010, 11:21
RIP MSG Ward. I do believe he was the cadre at SFAS that I recall demonstrating the rope climb obstacle. He did this by climbing up two ropes at the same time, left hand on one rope, right hand on the other, shimmied right to the top (feet be damned)... All of which gave me serious pause to consider my own manhood and a few other troubling thoughts. That's what a leader should be about.

vondaWard
10-04-2010, 15:43
To those who knew Enos Ward, I wanted to let you that don't know he has a memorial page on Face Book -Enos Ward Memorial. Please check it out and post any memories, photos or respects. His sons would greatly appreciate them.

Thanks,
Vonda

Zormat
10-16-2010, 10:26
I'm not an SF soldier but as a former ETT on the Pakistan border and in Zormat I had the distinct honor of working with several. As I prepare for my third NG OEF deployment, I just wanted to pass along my thanks to you and your families for the extremely difficult things you do. Respectfully, Zormat.

Tico0223
10-18-2010, 09:18
Rest In Peace Brother..I'll see you at the link up site

billwaldron
10-28-2010, 11:46
I am a Life Member of the SFA with a ranch in Montana. Presently I hold the position of National President of the US Army Special Forces Motorcycle Club. We would like to invite all qualified SFers who ride to join one of our chapters.

Here is the info on what it takes.........
U. S. Army Special Forces Motorcycle Club (USASFMC)
P.O Box 6397, Helena, MT 59604
Application for Membership
(Please print)
Name (Last) _______________________________(First)____________ ___________________(MI)_____
Nickname or AKA_______________________________________________ ________________________
Address (Street or P.O. Box)______________________________________________ _________________
(city)________________________________________(sta te)________________________(ZIP)________
Email address___________________________________________ _______________________________
Phone: (home)____________________________________________ (cell)__________________________
DOB (mm/dd/yy) __________________________________________________ _____________________
MOS/Series/Branch____________________________________________ __________________________
SFA: (No).____________________Type (life/decade/ etc).______________________________________
Other documentation, if not an SFA member: _________________________________________________
Please provide documentation (copies) that verifies your Army/SF/SFA service and membership which
may include a DD-214, military orders, SFA membership, etc. Any personal identifying information
received will be properly protected and not released outside the USASFMC without your consent.
Release of Liability
I agree that the USASFMC, my Chapter (ODA), and their respective officers and members shall not be
liable or responsible for injury to me (to include death) or damage to my property occurring during any
activity associated with the USASFMC or Chapter (ODA) activities and resulting from acts or omissions
occurring during the performance of the duties of the Released Parties, even where the damage or injury is
caused by negligence (except willful neglect). I understand and agree that all USASFMC members and
their guests participate voluntarily and at their own risk in all USASFMC activities and I assume all risks of
injury and damage arising out of the conduct of such activities. I understand that this means that I agree not
to sue the “Released Parties” for any injury or resulting damage to myself or my property arising from, or
in connection with, the performance of their Chapter (ODA) duties in sponsoring, planning or conducting
said event (s).
I agree that USASFMC Club colors are the property of the USASFMC and will be returned immediately to
the USASFMC upon termination of membership for any reason.
__________________________________________ ______________________
Name/Signature of Applicant Date
Application fee is $100: Includes the application fee, 2009 year annual dues from 01 Jun 09 thru 31 May
10, and USASFMC colors. Please send check or money order. Do not send cash.
Submit this document, completed, signed and dated to:
USASFMC
P.O. Box 6397
Helena, MT 59604
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________
THIS SECTION TO BE COMPLETED BY THE SECRETARY USASFMC
Applicant assigned to Chapter (ODA)____________________________________ or Rejected__________
Date _________________________________ Comments_______________________________________
The US Army Special Forces Motorcycle Club is a private organization incorporated in the
state of Nevada and not affiliated with or intended to represent the U.S. Army or U.S.
Army Special Forces."

neuro25
01-12-2011, 09:37
Hello brothers, I was a 91B2V then 18D3VLA.
"Officially," I was assigned to the 1/75th Rangers, A Co (ABN) 3/5th Inf, A Co (ABN) 2/187th Inf and ODA 331 before Q course and ODA 332 after Q course in C/3/12. I served 80-92.

I am looking forward to being a part of this site.

RLTW!
Moatengators Raah!
De Oppresso Liber

Charlie1bear
03-01-2013, 18:51
there can only be one Enos. And we went to SFQC together. Remember me Charlie Collier?