PDA

View Full Version : Will the French Fight?

Warrior-Mentor
08-09-2009, 15:06
Seems President Sarkozy has more fight in him than the majority of our politicians here at home...

http://www.thehotjoints.com/2009/06/22/sarkozy-says-burqas-not-welcome-in-france/

French president Nicolas Sarkozy spoke out today against women wearing the Muslim burqa on the streets of France.

Sarkozy said he finds the small but growing trend of women wearing the full-body garment in France troubling and supports a ban on the practice.

"In our country, we cannot accept that women be prisoners behind a screen, cut off from all social life, deprived of all identity," Sarkozy said to extended applause in a speech at the Chateau of Versailles southwest of Paris.

"The burqa is not a religious sign, it’s a sign of subservience, a sign of debasement—I want to say it solemnly," he said. "It will not be welcome on the territory of the French Republic."

Kudos to Sarkozy for having the guts to stand up on this issue. Like Britain, France is being taken over by Islam.

Europeans are usually either too politically correct or too scared of the Muslim backlash to say so.

There is nothing wrong with immigration per say, but when millions of people pour into a country and refuse to assimilate it’s a problem.

Especially, when many of those people hold radical beliefs that include murdering people with whom they disagree.

Rather than adopt the culture and practices of their new home country, many Muslim immigrants in Europe expect the country to change for them.

I realize the idea of banning burqas is contrary to the idea of religious freedom, but I think Europe is a special case.

Radical Islam is threatening to swallow up western culture and traditions. Burqas are the coverings the Taliban makes women wear.

French Immigration Minister Eric Besson is against banning the burqa for fear of creating “tensions.”

Fear of creating “tensions” (meaning violence and intimidation from Muslims) is what usually stifles criticism of Islam in Europe.

In 2004, France banned women from wearing the Islamic headscarf and other conspicuous religious symbols from public schools.

I think banning the headscarf goes too far. The headscarf is warn by peaceful Muslims and is not associated with extremism like the burqa.

While banning the burqa is a good start, Islamic clothing is not the problem in France. Unchecked Muslim immigration is the problem in France.

France has a Muslim population of more than 5 million — the largest in Western Europe.

Dutch MP Geert Wilders has the right idea for The Netherlands. He’s calling for a freeze on all immigration from Muslim countries and deportation for Muslim immigrants who commit crimes or who refuse to assimilate.

Dozer523
08-09-2009, 16:55
From a practical standpoint the burqa doesn't do much for me. I brought one home from Afghanistan and I couldn't even get then 14YO D to try it on. She is 16 now and has gone through 2 boy friends so I might give it another try. I took it to school to show 8th graders and there was a little initial interest but none of the girls who tried it on were at all interested in wearing it to the next class, much less all day, WUWT?

Now, by comparison, the outfits the Berber women wear -- all black blouse and pants combo -- . . . oh yeah! Might even top the Bat-girl costume! Of course, I got my first "eyes-on" in Kuwait City in the big shopping mall. It might have been 1) that for the previous 10 months all I'd had to look at was burqas or ACU/DCU on female Soldiers. 2) that the Berber women were traveling in packs following (or being followed by) a local male with a smirk on his face. 3) That the only thing you could see of the ladies was their eyes "WOW! x 10". No wait. . . the real reason was we were in the Rolex store and they were going next door, into the Victoria Secrets .

HowardCohodas
08-09-2009, 20:46
The burqa was not an uncommon sight as I walked around on the Cleveland Clinic campus. The internal TV system also has several channels broadcasting in Arabic.

Utah Bob
08-10-2009, 11:45
Burqa shuqa. Sarkozy has acquired the wrong target.
I remember when people wanted to ban hot pants. And before that it was The Charleston.
The real problem is not the costume they wear, it's the customs they practice. Not the praying to Allah 5 times a day custom. The Jihad custom.

Warrior-Mentor
08-10-2009, 12:40
Would you support wearing pillowcases and carrying burning crosses in the streets?

How about some jack boots and swatikas?

Stealth Jihad might be worth adding to your collection:
http://www.amazon.com/Stealth-Jihad-Radical-Subverting-America/dp/1596985569

Know your enemy and know yourself;
in a hundred battles, you will never be defeated.

When you are ignorant of the enemy but know yourself,
your chances of winning or losing are equal.

If ignorant both of your enemy and of yourself,
you are sure to be defeated in every battle.
-- Sun Tzu

echoes
08-10-2009, 14:18
"In our country, we cannot accept that women be prisoners behind a screen, cut off from all social life, deprived of all identity," Sarkozy said to extended applause in a speech at the Chateau of Versailles southwest of Paris."

"The burqa is not a religious sign, it’s a sign of subservience, a sign of debasement—I want to say it solemnly," he said. "It will not be welcome on the territory of the French Republic."

Well, Bravo to President Sarkozy!

Saw three of these "clad"women at the local Macy's department store yesterday, and another walking behind her man.

If they bring it here, they can expect a helluva fight from real American women IMHO.:munchin

Holly

Warrior-Mentor
08-10-2009, 15:09
Burqa shuqa. Sarkozy has acquired the wrong target.
I remember when people wanted to ban hot pants. And before that it was The Charleston.
The real problem is not the costume they wear, it's the customs they practice. Not the praying to Allah 5 times a day custom. The Jihad custom.

Better yet, know the enemy in his own voice.

Read "Methodology of Dawah" by Shamim Siddiqi:
http://www.dawahinamericas.com/bookspdf/MethodologyofDawah.pdf

Start at page 11: "...the methodology which we must adopt and apply to have the Dawah Ilallah properly projected and penetrated deep into the society."

This isn't a fashion statement.

It's one more step in a civilization jihad.