PDA

View Full Version : HexSite(R) Sighting System

HowardCohodas
08-07-2009, 10:23
Does anyone have any experience with the HexSite(R) Sighting System (http://www.goshen-hexsite.com/index.html)? I became interested in this technology when reading the book "Police Pistolcraft" by Michael Conte (http://www.amazon.com/Police-Pistol-Craft-Reality-Based-Paradigm/dp/0977265919/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1249661775&sr=1-2). The research material available on the HexSite(R) website seems compelling.

If any professionals have any experience, I would appreciate a review. Thanks.

swatsurgeon
08-07-2009, 13:49
?? the same optical (brain) concept as the ghost ring??
A brand/modified ghost ring looking for a use?
This is the type of marketing that will likely sell product and lead to potential disappointments.....this is the type of product you need to be able to 'test drive' before spending $$'s on it IMHO.

ss

HowardCohodas
08-07-2009, 18:37
Thanks for mentioning the ghost ring. It made me dig a bit deeper. I found a report on a statistical test to see if there was any difference in performance between the two.

A Hit in Time
“We were asked to run two thorough statistical tests to prove or disprove that the HexSite™ sighting system is as fast as the ghost ring sight in target acquisition and, at the same time, as accurate as the standard post-and-notch sight.”

In this battle of speed and accuracy the HexSite™ sighting system won hands down over the regular sight and was slightly faster than the ghost ring due to the higher number of misses with the ghost at that level of speed.”

“HexSite™ …. performed considerably faster at acquiring the target and hitting it, and had less deviation from the average, making it more predictable.”

“ …. Using the standard sight on two metal plates, I missed more often on the second plate, which was off at 90-degrees, than I did with the “HexSite™, an indication of the standard sight’s propensity to overswing past the target.”

“The main advantage of the “HexSite™ …. over the ghost ring was in terms of accuracy at speed.” It’s harder to line up the front sight in that plain, featureless circular rear. There’s nothing to reference off of at speed, resulting in misses. The HexSite™ gives the acclimated shooter reference-points to center the front sight in at speed, and it naturally draws the front sight into its center, as if it were self-correcting.”

“The best group in the 25-yard accuracy test, fired with the HexSite™ sighting system, was an amazing 1.625 inches, aided greatly by the HemisHex™ front sight, which locked the target into place for me better than the regular front sight.”

“As a defensive shooter, if I can get a “hit in time” quicker and more accurately using the HexSite™ , that is a WIN-WIN.

Full report at A Hit in Time by Ben Evans and Ken Lamb (www.goshen-hexsite.com/pdf/HitinTimeEvansLamb.pdf)

Sten
08-07-2009, 19:25
Thanks for mentioning the ghost ring. It made me dig a bit deeper. I found a report on a statistical test to see if there was any difference in performance between the two.

Full report at A Hit in Time by Ben Evans and Ken Lamb (www.goshen-hexsite.com/pdf/HitinTimeEvansLamb.pdf)

I am never comfortable trusting only the testing done by the salesman.