PDA

View Full Version : MSG Art Lilley Book

rubend1
08-05-2009, 18:29
All,

This thread is in regards to a book I am currently writing. It is based on my former Team Sergeant, MSG Arthur “Art” Lilley - ODA 752. He was killed in 2007during our deployment to Afghanistan. I have, unfortunately, had the opportunity to really get know him after his death. In doing so, I have discovered a wealth of knowledge that needed to be share! The concept has been cleared through his widow and family. All proceeds made by the book will go to a charity of his widow’s choice.

The concept of the book is twofold. 1) Art impacted a lot of people. He lived a big life that was pretty extraordinary for most soldiers (especially SF guys). The story is compelling. 2) Every soldier that pays the ultimate sacrifice has a story outside of the battlefield. This book will attempt to bring awareness to that fact. The book is NOT a military book that focuses on how cool SF guys are or what they do while deployed, but on how people can make a difference by their actions.

I am seeking soldiers who served with, or knew Art and would like to contribute information to the book. If interested contact me at iknowartlilley@yahoo.com.

Thanks!
Ruben :D