PDA

View Full Version : Whoa, someone struck back at Michael Moore!

Roguish Lawyer
07-09-2004, 01:18
There is a freeway on-ramp very close to my house where Fahrenheit 9/11 signs were plastered all over a plywood construction fence. Here is what it looked like before:

Roguish Lawyer
07-09-2004, 01:20
Wider angle view here:

Roguish Lawyer
07-09-2004, 01:22
Then, lo and beyond, some wiseguy went and did this:

Roguish Lawyer
07-09-2004, 01:23
Closer view:

Roguish Lawyer
07-09-2004, 01:24
One more, closer:

:D :lifter :D

Roguish Lawyer
07-09-2004, 01:25
Seems like the guy ran out of signs. Too bad, eh? :D

Radar Rider
07-09-2004, 01:27
One of those BC stickers on each of those nasty faces would make that a superior billboard.

lrd
07-09-2004, 04:41
Originally posted by Roguish Lawyer
Seems like the guy ran out of signs. Too bad, eh? :D Maybe the guy needs to get more signs. :D

Brother Rat
07-09-2004, 05:47
You put those up with some kind of real strong epoxy or something, right?

Ghostrider
07-09-2004, 08:31
Did the signs have vaseline and skunk spray on them?????;)

The Reaper
07-09-2004, 08:44
Originally posted by Ghostrider

They were applied over Michael Moore's face, which is very similar (greasy and stinky).

Would you take the B-C signs down and expose his mug again?

TR

Bill Harsey
07-09-2004, 08:57
What are you guys thinking? RL was just drivin' down the road minding his own business and found someone had put new BC campaign signs up on M&M's posters so he just took a picture!

Roguish Lawyer
07-09-2004, 09:22
Originally posted by Bill Harsey
What are you guys thinking? RL was just drivin' down the road minding his own business and found someone had put new BC campaign signs up on M&M's posters so he just took a picture!

Exaaaaaaaaactly, Blademaster. I don't appreciate the accusations one bit. ;)

Roguish Lawyer
07-09-2004, 09:25
Originally posted by Brother Rat
some kind of real strong epoxy or something, right?

I wouldn't know, but I did examine the signs up close. It appears that whoever put them up initially tried to use a hammer and u-shaped nails, but the plywood had been treated or had metal against it or something so the nails would not penetrate. The culprit then appears to have gone to a back-up plan -- glue. I would speculate that Elmer's may have been used.

Sacamuelas
07-09-2004, 09:25
RL... based on your professional opinion, what type of adhesive 'might' have been used to put those B/C signs on fatboy's face?

Ghostrider
07-09-2004, 09:34
Exaaaaaaaaactly, Blademaster. I don't appreciate the accusations one bit. ;)

But if you read my post again, I was merely posing a question, there in fact was no accusation. ;)

Smokin Joe
07-09-2004, 10:45
I wouldn't know, but I did examine the signs up close. It appears that whoever put them up initially tried to use a hammer and u-shaped nails, but the plywood had been treated or had metal against it or something so the nails would not penetrate. The culprit then appears to have gone to a back-up plan -- glue. I would speculate that Elmer's may have been used.

Personally, I'm a big fan of Gorilla Glue

Roguish Lawyer
07-09-2004, 10:47
Originally posted by Sacamuelas
RL... based on your professional opinion, what type of adhesive 'might' have been used to put those B/C signs on fatboy's face?

Answered this as you were asking.

Based on the patterns observable from the face of the signs, it appears that the culprit may have drizzled Elmer's glue in a grid pattern to cover most of the sign, then pressed it against the wall and applied pressure to all parts of the sign until a temporary bond was formed.

The culprit may have gone to the grocery store (or something) afterwards, then returned to make sure the bond was holding. But that's all speculation.

Ghostrider
07-09-2004, 10:54
The culprit may have gone to the grocery store (or something) afterwards, then returned to make sure the bond was holding. But that's all speculation.

Hmmm, me thinks private investigation should be your new career...;)

Bravo1-3
07-09-2004, 10:59
Fantastic!

The Reaper
07-09-2004, 11:11
Answered this as you were asking.

Based on the patterns observable from the face of the signs, it appears that the culprit may have drizzled Elmer's glue in a grid pattern to cover most of the sign, then pressed it against the wall and applied pressure to all parts of the sign until a temporary bond was formed.

That sounds like the work of more than one person to me, if there is more than one person in Kali not an MM supporter. One gluing, and one sticking, to minimize exposure times.

You could also brush it on, like billboard pasters do, or roll it from a pan, if someone were reading this who was thinking of doing the same.

Good glue, but an epoxy is forever, BTW.

TR

Sacamuelas
07-09-2004, 12:38
Yes, I was thinking of using a small 4" roller to apply the cement... something along the lines of an outdoor contact cement that can be applied beforehand, then just press signs onto the target for MUCH less exposure time. LOL

RL... looks like an excellent job. I wish I knew who did it to congratulate him or her on it. ;)

Roguish Lawyer
07-09-2004, 12:42
Yes, I was thinking of using a small 4" roller to apply the cement... something along the lines of an outdoor contact cement that can be applied beforehand, then just press signs onto the target for MUCH less exposure time. LOL

How would the culprit carry around 7 plastic signs covered with cement? I think you'd be bending over for Mr. Murphy with that plan. :cool:

Notice the parked cars, which offered concealment for glue application.

The Reaper
07-09-2004, 12:46

Don't you mean "COULD HAVE offered concealment for glue application"?

If we knew who might have done such a thing.

Easier to roll the wall with the glue, then stick the poster on it, if you were interested in speed.

You ever wonder what site the pics of your damaged sign are being posted on for bragging rights?

TR

Ghostrider
07-09-2004, 12:58
Originally posted by The Reaper

TR

RL, notice this was still NOT an accusation......;)

Roguish Lawyer
07-09-2004, 13:23

The making of an offer does not establish that it was accepted. :D

The Reaper
07-09-2004, 13:29

The making of an offer does not establish that it was accepted.

Counsel:

Do you really want to bandy words over that misstatement?

Your statement implied personal knowledge of the past action.

Will we next discuss the meaning of the word "IS"?

TR

Roguish Lawyer
07-09-2004, 13:35
Counsel:

Do you really want to bandy words over that misstatement?

Your statement implied personal knowledge of the past action.

Will we next discuss the meaning of the word "IS"?

TR

Sorry, I disagree. You can tell from the photo that they offered concealment. "Offered" and "provided" are different things.

Your pal,

Slick Willie

P.S. What exactly do you mean by "is"?

The Reaper
07-09-2004, 13:55
Sorry, I disagree. You can tell from the photo that they offered concealment. "Offered" and "provided" are different things.

Your pal,

Slick Willie

P.S. What exactly do you mean by "is"?

Sir:

So you admit knowing that the cars were there when the glue was applied?

I would resubmit my original statement that a better choice of words would have been "COULD HAVE offered concealment for glue application", unless you have personal knowledge of said application.

IIRC, "IS" is third person, present tense of the English verb, "to be", unless you are a lawyer or a Democrat.

TR

Roguish Lawyer
07-09-2004, 14:01
So you admit knowing that the cars were there when the glue was applied?

No, I admit nothing and deny everything. You must know who was really involved. I don't appreciate you trying to pin the blame on me. LOL

I would resubmit my original statement that a better choice of words would have been "COULD HAVE offered concealment for glue application".

OK, fine. Want a job?

NousDefionsDoc
07-09-2004, 14:03
Saga of the Sign

The Reaper
07-09-2004, 14:22
No, I admit nothing and deny everything. You must know who was really involved.

I believe I do.

TR

Air.177
07-09-2004, 15:30
RL:

Now how many BC signs was it that you bought before the whole "Skunk Escapade"?;)

And How Many do you have now?

Roguish Lawyer
07-09-2004, 15:33
Don't you also need to ask me how many were stolen from my front lawn? Because that number is quite high. :lifter

Air.177
07-09-2004, 15:38
You're learning.

Admit Nothing, Deny everything, Make counter accusations.

Nice

Max_Tab
07-09-2004, 15:46
If that hooligan who did this horrible act of vandalism happens to be reading this thread, then shame, shame.

On a completely differant note, I've found out (the hard way, but that's another story completely) that super 77 spray adhesive works great. and when the victim tries to remove whatever was pasted on, it doesn't come off, very easily. Usually part's of the sign remain.

Bill Harsey
07-09-2004, 16:36
Originally posted by Max_Tab
If that hooligan who did this horrible act of vandalism happens to be reading this thread, then shame, shame.

On a completely differant note, I've found out (the hard way, but that's another story completely) that super 77 spray adhesive works great. and when the victim tries to remove whatever was pasted on, it doesn't come off, very easily. Usually part's of the sign remain. Good thinking Sir, I decided against saying anything about spray adhesive because I didn't want to see a favorite "someone" get popped for tagging. Ok, it would be really funny and would have launched a half dozen new threads here (__'S Jail Cam!) but for some odd reason, it's never happened before, I let judgement get in the way.

Gypsy
07-09-2004, 19:05
I give the "doer of this deed" two thumbs up!

The Reaper
07-09-2004, 20:05
"Spray adhesive. Strong stuff!!":D

TR

Roguish Lawyer
07-09-2004, 20:59
Originally posted by Ghostrider

This might have been a good idea, as I just checked and they are ALL gone. :(

Bill Harsey
07-10-2004, 08:05
The masked man may have to ride again.

The Reaper
07-10-2004, 08:08
Yep.

With a can of industrial spray adhesive, and one of these t-shirts!

TR

Roguish Lawyer
07-10-2004, 08:51
How 'bout a link to a site where I can get that t-shirt?

The Reaper
07-10-2004, 09:05
I thought you'd never ask.

http://metrospy.com/index.htm

They've got some other right wing reactionary products as well.

http://www.kerrycore.com/

Think of the fun you could have with these, easy to deploy, fun to watch the reaction of others, especially in Kali:

Enjoy the links!

TR

Roguish Lawyer
07-10-2004, 18:06
I thought you'd never ask.

http://metrospy.com/index.htm

They've got some other right wing reactionary products as well.

http://www.kerrycore.com/

Think of the fun you could have with these, easy to deploy, fun to watch the reaction of others, especially in Kali:

Enjoy the links!

TR

Ordered two t-shirts on the metrospy site, including the one you identified. Thanks.

Roguish Lawyer
07-10-2004, 22:27
"We're on a mission from God."

That is all.

The Reaper
07-11-2004, 07:10
Don't you blaspheme in here.

I see the light!

TR

Roguish Lawyer
07-14-2004, 01:40
Originally posted by Bill Harsey
The masked man may have to ride again.

Whoa, it looks like he (or she) did!

Roguish Lawyer
07-14-2004, 01:41
Another angle:

Roguish Lawyer
07-14-2004, 01:43
Another:

Roguish Lawyer
07-14-2004, 01:44
And another:

Roguish Lawyer
07-14-2004, 01:46
Anyone want to see another?:

Roguish Lawyer
07-14-2004, 01:47
Perhaps one more? Close up?

Roguish Lawyer
07-14-2004, 01:54
She or he may have used something like this, although I am only speculating.

The Reaper
07-14-2004, 05:46
She or he may have used something like this, although I am only speculating.

Looks good.

Maybe there still are a few patriots living in Kali after all.

Hope the glue is stronger than MM's poster.

TR

Sacamuelas
07-14-2004, 06:53
LOL....

You are turning into a hell of a detective... amazing that you have identified the substance used for adhesion from a picture taken 30 yards away. Very impressive. Although you may want to manually turn off your auto flash in the future... someone might get the wrong impression of you taking pictures of what that vandal did. The flash doesn't help at that distance and it makes you stand out to the LIBS drving by there.

Three for you:
Atta' boy ...atta' boy... atta' boy :cool:

Bill Harsey
07-14-2004, 08:33
Very cool and well done!!! If this ever needs to happen again, the BC signs should be placed and angled so it looks like MM is holding them in his poster!

Roguish Lawyer
07-14-2004, 10:02
LOL....

You are turning into a hell of a detective... amazing that you have identified the substance used for adhesion from a picture taken 30 yards away. Very impressive. Although you may want to manually turn off your auto flash in the future... someone might get the wrong impression of you taking pictures of what that vandal did. The flash doesn't help at that distance and it makes you stand out to the LIBS drving by there.

I have no idea what adhesive the girl (or maybe guy) used. I am just speculating based on the appearance of the signs. You know, hills and gullies and such.

Without the flash, I was getting black photos. Then again, the camera is still new to me, and I don't know what night shot features it has.

CPTAUSRET
07-14-2004, 10:05
R L:

Well done, indeed!!

Terry

Bravo1-3
07-14-2004, 10:07
And besides, I'm certain that spray adhesives have a very strong and distinct smell that can be easily identified from just a few feet away. Isn't that right RL?

Roguish Lawyer
07-14-2004, 11:49
Originally posted by Bravo1-3
And besides, I'm certain that spray adhesives have a very strong and distinct smell that can be easily identified from just a few feet away. Isn't that right RL?

Roger that, B13. Forgot to mention that. LOL

Roguish Lawyer
07-14-2004, 15:45
Catwoman reports that the signs are all gone. Several of the F9/11 posters were torn in the removal process.

Bummer. This masked man seems to be spitting into a hurricane.