View Full Version : 440 Cord?

08-04-2009, 08:05
I did a search on this and did not find anything about it. I Wanted to see if anyone might know if, what I think is called 440 cord is indeed 440 cord or what would it be called. It's the stuff that has 5 strands and has dots on the outer strand. You see it used as the upper cinch cord in the large Alice and Molle II rucks. What's it called and where can it be found?


08-04-2009, 08:18
It's nomenclature is 550 cord - if you don't know any riggers, Cabela's carries it for sale.


Richard's $.02 :munchin

True Believer
08-04-2009, 08:27
Type II Nylon Cord, 400lbs, 5 gut strands and dotted
Type III Nylon Cord, 550lbs, 7 gut strands

You can get Type III(550) at most Military Clothing Sales Stores and riggers will have both on hand. Worst case any military surplus store.

08-04-2009, 08:38
Thanks...... Type II nylon cord is what I am looking for. The type III is everywhere and easy to get, the type II had been a bear for me to find and there is no riggers located near me. Ft. Bragg is several hundred miles away. Do you think that it could be found at Ft. Jackson?

True Believer
08-04-2009, 10:42
Probably not. Try this URL. It has the needed info to continue searching if you are unable to order directly from this company.


With the NSN your supply SGT can order as well.

08-05-2009, 07:35
oso blanca, Thanks for your help. I have put a call and email in to those guys. The 400 Nylon cord listed on their site is what I am looking for. I wish that I could find it in the tan w/ Green dots also, But I'll take what I can get. HOOAH!

08-05-2009, 07:58
Are you trying to fool a 500lb man into thinking that this cord will hold him?

08-05-2009, 08:31
Come on Bro, don't give me away...... No, I have a few projects that I am working on and I want to use the 400 vs. the 550 for them.

08-05-2009, 21:23

If you want Type II Nylon Cord, go to the source: Paragear.

It's where riggers shop.