PDA

View Full Version : Weapons Training with Dave Harrington

Team Sergeant
07-24-2009, 14:50
I served with Dave Harrington, shot with him and would send my pals to learn from him. That said Dave told me he's going to be doing some training here in Arizona. I'll probably be out there one of the days observing training.;)

Team Sergeant

Combatspeed LLC
4113 West Wyoming Ave
Tampa, Florida 33616
Cell Phone: (813) 263-6557
E-mail: martialgun@AOL.com

July 22, 2009

Dave Harrington here,

The practical focus for the November 3rd, 4th & 5th 2009 Combatspeed LLC training event will be fighting with firearms.

Using the pistol as a “force option” supporting an AR/AK rifle variant will be a by product of working in “full kit”.

Training participants are expected to know, and be able to apply firearms safety.

A critical aspect of the training program is that each participant learns how to continuously apply active & passive security and safety measures to prevent putting themselves or anyone else at unnecessary risk. This ability only will allow you to free your mind to focus on tactical problem solving.

Firearms’ training is inherently dangerous. If you doubt your ability to learn how to conduct yourself responsibly, apply yourself during this training event, and accept responsibility for your actions – stay home.

Technical and tactical proficiency equals effectiveness. Effectiveness is your measure of skill. Your skill and willingness to solve the problem is your reality.

Your technical and tactical knowledge base combined with your confidence, experience, and ability to apply your knowledge, is the basis for every decision you make, and action you take to provide an efficient “solution” for a broad range of security “situations” that may (or may not) require the use of a firearm as a part of the solution.

Training is the vehicle to develop the individual. Once you decide a firearm should be used “under the circumstances” to perform its designated service, it becomes a matter of exactly when, and how to use the firearm effectively in the least amount of time within your authority to do so.

Combatspeed LLC training methodology conditions each individual to function as freely and professionally in training as you are expected to conduct yourself when you’re “on the job”.

This critical aspect alone enhances your confidence, thereby increasing your chances of surviving a hostile encounter, while mitigating the potential for “collateral damage”.

I place strict emphasis on developing your abilities to; Remain Calm - Project your Awareness - Increase your Attention Span - and function under the duress of the inherent danger of firearms training / coupled with the practical focus on the decisions and actions required of fighting with firearms.

You have to learn how to observe, absorb, and process only the pertinent information by sight, sound, feel, and emotional control to acquire the mental agility to rapidly analyze, prioritize, decide, and act with synchronized effort.

I have the “on demand” ability to draw on the technical and tactical knowledge base I acquired as a Special Forces Operator and Trainer with the subject matter expertise to meet each training participants wants and needs by creating the appropriate training and learning environment that will allow each participant to exercise and test their strengths, and identify (to eliminate) their weaknesses.

I can clearly communicate the specific what, why, and how to refine specific strengths and help to eliminate weaknesses by instilling the desire to develop discipline, and the level of awareness necessary for freedom of thought & freedom of action that is required to become a well balanced fighter.

Active participation in a Combatspeed LLC training event is not just an immediate investment of time, energy, and resources in the pursuit of higher understanding; you should be better prepared to accomplish your mission, and take full advantage of any and every future training opportunity.

Each participant is required to provide the minimum equipment stated herein to support the quality and smooth flow of training;

Critical individual First Aid Items; You need a first aid kit to treat yourself for minor injuries, and a individual blow out / trauma kit w/ items that will allow you to be treated for gunshot wounds and shock so you can be stabilized and transported to the appropriate medical facilities.

Have reliable firearms of reputable manufacture w/maintenance equipment.

Have a quality sling, adequate magazine carriers, and a minimum of 8 ea. 30 round carbine magazines. Know your carbines zero. A 200 yard zero is recommended; expect to work at contact distance out to the maximum range allowed by the specific training site.

Have a quality holster and adequate magazine carriers (2 doubles/4 singles, etc.), and a minimum of 5 / 15 rd handgun magazines or 8 / 10 rd handgun magazines. 1911 Drivers have at least 10 / 8 round or 8 / 10 rd magazines.

Know your handguns zero and where you handgun hits. Expect to work at contact distance and out to the maximum range allowed by the specific training site.

Have a minimum of 2,000 rounds of ammunition for your rifle/carbine and 1,500 rounds of ammunition for your handgun.

Have at least 10 each inert training rounds PER CALIBER; they will be incorporated throughout training.

Hand Held Flashlight(s) & Attachable Firearm lights w/extra batteries.

Have seasonal weather gear, functional clothing and foot gear. Have a 5.11 type vest or suitable garment if you would like to incorporate uniform issues with aspects of concealment. Duty uniform & equipment is recommended for participating military personnel and/or law enforcement officers to include body armor. Knee and Elbow pads are recommended. Be prepared to take notes!

Have two pairs of certified ballistic Eye & Ear protection. EYE PROTECTION MUST PROVIDE ADEQUATE COVERAGE OF YOUR EYES FROM THE SIDES.

Plan to eat lunch at the range on each training day! When packing out for training remember; “It’s better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it”

Rough Training Outline / Schedule;

Tuesday - November 3 - 7:30am Showtime at the range. Training Pistol only 8:00am – 1200 / 1200 – 1:00 Meal / 1:00 – 5:00 Pistol only 5:00 – 6:00 Meal / Pistol only - Low & No Light TBD

Wednesday - November 4 - 7:30am Showtime at the range. Training 8:00am – 1200 Int. Wpns. Trng. Meal 1200 – 1:00 / 1:00 – 5:00 Int. Wpns. Trng. 5:00 – 6:00 Meal / Int. Wpns. Trng. Low & No Light TBD

Thursday - November 5 - 7:30am Showtime at the range. Training 8:00am – 1200 Int. Wpns. Trng. 1200 – 1:00 Meal / 1:00 – 5:00 Int. Wpns. Trng. 5:00 – 6:00 Range Cleanup & AAR

None of this information may be reproduced in whole, or in part without express permission from me, Dave Harrington.

P.O.C. for this event is Chris Lapre, Cell phone# 1-602-441-6278.
The shipping address is; The mailing address is;
(You’re Name) Chris Lapre
C/o Chris Lapre P.O. Box1820
8776 West Troy Drive Arizona City, Arizona 85123
Arizona City, Arizona 85123

Training will be conducted at the; Casa Grande Police Department Range
2720 South Isom Road
Casa Grande, Arizona 85122

If you have received this document in preparation of an upcoming event, be sure to have it with you during the training event! (DON’T F*%K THIS UP!).

rubberneck
07-24-2009, 14:57
Dave is a very interesting man to say the least. I have had the chance to meet him twice most recently at the IDPA nationals this past October. I am sure the training would be worth more than what he charges and from friends that have taken his classes in the past his stories alone are worth the price of admission.

Team Sergeant
07-24-2009, 17:53
Dave is a very interesting man to say the least. I have had the chance to meet him twice most recently at the IDPA nationals this past October. I am sure the training would be worth more than what he charges and from friends that have taken his classes in the past his stories alone are worth the price of admission.

I've been on the range with SSG Harrington. He's a good man and one I like to have at my side if we had to invade Hell.;)

alelks
07-24-2009, 19:28
I've been on the range with SSG Harrington. He's a good man and one I like to have at my side if we had to invade Hell.;)

Is this the same Dave Herrington that was at SOT in the early 90's?

Smokin Joe
07-24-2009, 21:00
Chris was the host when I attended SouthNarc's ECQC course. He's a good dude as well.

Team Sergeant
07-24-2009, 21:29
Is this the same Dave Herrington that was at SOT in the early 90's?

Dave was in Oki with me in the early 90's (CIF). Must have been a bit later.

Sinister
07-24-2009, 21:49
Go Super Dave!

Will probably try to send some of my boys. Got one at Gunsite right now.

Peregrino
07-24-2009, 23:11
Dave was in SWCS in the mid-90s. He was one of my instructors in 95. Very "intense" kind of guy. :D Yes, I would attend his course if the opportunity ever came up.

exsquid
08-17-2009, 08:04
When I had a class w/ Dave, I recall he said he retired out of SWCS as the SFARTAETC NCOIC (my memory is a little fuzzy on this though). He is a good instructor & presents some different material than you get anywhere else.

x/S

mcarey
08-17-2009, 16:28
What is the difference between knowing and understanding? Dave will tell / show you. A great instructor.

alelks
08-17-2009, 16:31
Yep, that's the Dave Herrington that used to go to the range with us when I was an instructor at ASOT. We used to go there after every class and run through the shoot houses. Normally Dave got tagged to accompany us.

GREAT guy for sure.

DrJay
08-28-2009, 18:55
I'm thinking that this is my buddy Dave from 18B training in '88. He used to have me hold his strike bag in the barracks and I gave him crap about his "free bird " tattoo (I called it his "love dove").
His course looks good. I'd gladly pay to have Dave give me shit and get my shot groups tightened up again!

Doc K

NousDefions794
08-28-2009, 22:26
I have had the pleasure of training with Dave in the military and civilian world. You will definitely get your money's worth with Super Dave.

Lmmsoat
08-29-2009, 22:54
Dave taught me how to shoot a pistol from scratch. Went from trying hard to keep it on an E-type at 25m, to trying hard to keep it in the 10 ring in a matter of a few days. He taught me to quit whining about what kind of pistol I had and use it to it's full potential. If you want to see him amped up ask him to do some "live body arrays".