View Full Version : Dinner

Jimbo
07-07-2004, 18:22
I'm eating it now and its not terrible:

salmon filet
1 egg
3/4 cup almonds
herbs de province

Preheat skillet over medium heat with butter and a little XVOO. In a food processor, chop almonds and herbs. Spread the mixture on a paper towel. Whisk egg in bowl. Dunk filet in egg and then throw on mixture, flip filet to coat other side. Drop filet on skillet. Depending on thickness of fillet, cook around 5 minutes per side. Serve with Jasmine rice (Trader Joe's microwavable kind is ok and fast) and string beans. If you're eating alone, have a beer with it. If you're trying to get laid, serve a sauvignon blac.

whole process should take about 20 minutes if the skillet is preheated.

brewmonkey
07-07-2004, 18:23
Originally posted by Jimbo
I'm eating it now and its not terrible:

salmon filet
1 egg
3/4 cup almonds
herbs de province

Preheat skillet over medium heat with butter and a little XVOO. In a food processor, chop almonds and herbs. Spread the mixture on a paper towel. Whisk egg in bowl. Dunk filet in egg and then throw on mixture, flip filet to coat other side. Drop filet on skillet. Depending on thickness of fillet, cook around 5 minutes per side. Serve with Jasmine rice (Trader Joe's microwavable kind is ok and fast) and string beans. If you're eating alone, have a beer with it. If you're trying to get laid, serve a sauvignon blac.

whole process should take about 20 minutes if the skillet is preheated.

This sounds good, looks like I know what I am going to be making for lunch tomorrow. Oddly enough I have a jar of herbs de province from my last trip to Whole Foods.

Jimbo
07-07-2004, 18:29
If you really want to get intracate and healthy, substitute some herbs infused grapeseed oil. It has a higher smoke point than olive oil so there is less chance of f'ing up the food with burned oil.

brewmonkey
07-07-2004, 18:32
If you really want to get intracate and healthy, substitute some herbs infused grapeseed oil. It has a higher smoke point than olive oil so there is less chance of f'ing up the food with burned oil.

And oddly enough I have some of that on hand as well. I keep several oils around as they all have a purpose. In fact we bought this house because of the kitchen. While it is not a super chef kitchen just yet it has the space to be one someday. The kicthen is 15'X24' so I have plenty of space to refurbish it into the kitchen I really want.

Jimbo
07-07-2004, 18:34
yeah... a couple of vulcans, a walk in sub zero, Thermadoor ovens, big ol butchers block and sink big enough to wash your kids and your dog in.

brewmonkey
07-07-2004, 18:39
yeah... a couple of vulcans, a walk in sub zero, Thermadoor ovens, big ol butchers block and sink big enough to wash your kids and your dog in.

I see we have similar plans. I want the island with the cook top and hood over it as well as the sub Z pull out drawers. Having worked in restaurants for some time I have been putting my kitchen together in my mind for about 5 years, right down to the floor.

The kitchen is the center piece of the house. It is where we all gather in the evening and shoot the breeze while dinner is being prepped. My folks gave me a stainless steel prep table for Christmas a few years ago and then a small rolling butcher block. I would say we spend about 20-25% of our time in the kitchen, even when we are not cooking it is a gathering place (probably because of the coffee pot though :D)