PDA

View Full Version : Military discounts

rltipton
07-19-2009, 20:58
My wife and I went to a Panera soup & sandwich shop for lunch today and discovered they give a 25% military discount. We chowed down for $10. It's tough to do that nowdays. Good place!!!
Be safe,
Randy

Zorro
07-20-2009, 02:47
Recently found out that Lowes gives a 10% military discount. This of course is after years and thousands of dollars spent there. They don't advertise it. But they give it. Just show your ID card.

Zorro

albeham
07-20-2009, 04:17
No matter where I go, I always ask if there is a military discount. You never know, several car parts store, and the stealership gave me one .

AL

Saoirse
07-20-2009, 08:21
When I bought F150 in the late 90s, the dealership in New Jersey gave me a discount, all I had to do was produce my DD214! I saved a nice bit of cash and those guys were great when it came to service and customer service! Who'd a thunk it!

The Reaper
07-20-2009, 08:24
Recently found out that Lowes gives a 10% military discount. This of course is after years and thousands of dollars spent there. They don't advertise it. But they give it. Just show your ID card.

Zorro

So does the Home Depot, at least in Fayetteville.

TR

Richard
07-20-2009, 08:36
I always ask - you'd be surprised at how many stores, restaurants, car rental agencies, hotels, movie theaters, service agencies, etc give a military discount - it's usually not posted, though, and you need to ask. Don't be shy. ;)

Richard's $.02 :munchin

tmax1014
07-20-2009, 08:57
I work at a hotel right now and their military discount policy really annoys me. We are not supposed to give a military discount unless the guest is on military business. If it was a town close to a military base I would understand, but this is in the middle of Oklahoma and about 100 miles from our MEPS station.

I understand running a business and making a profit, but I don't see the harm in giving military personel a discount when they risk their lives for us everyday.

swpa19
07-20-2009, 09:02
Just about every auto dealership in this area gives military discounts. So does Golden Corral Resteraunts.