PDA

View Full Version : What's in your fridge?

brewmonkey
07-07-2004, 13:33
What does a typical QP poster have in the fridge?

I can tell you I have 3 seperate fridges for the many essential items. 1 is dedicated to nothing but my beer, another is for non-adult beverages (small fridge) and the food fridge.

The food fridge is laden with an assortment of cheeses including gorgonzola, Chimay (from Belgian monastery of the Trappist monks), several italian hard cheeses for my pasta dishes and the ever present Mozzarella Di Bufala!

For meat I always have ground buffalo as well as the sirloin when it is on sale. For those who have not had it Buffalo is very tasty and quite lean compared to beef. I also keep several pounds of boneless chicken breasts around.

Roguish Lawyer
07-07-2004, 13:59
Originally posted by brewmonkey
Chimay (from Belgian monastery of the Trappist monks)

Brew, what do you think of the Grande Reserve Ale?

I have always thought it is quite good, and describe it as a sort of stout champagne. Horrible hangovers from the stuff if you drink enough, though.

brewmonkey
07-07-2004, 15:28
It is a nice beer but I prefer their Cinq Cents a little more. I really enjoy most of the trappist beers but if I had to pick one Abbey to go with it would be Westmalle hands down. They have a dubbel that is just killer.

Other Trappist Abbey breweries (there are 6) are Chimay, Westmalle, Rochefort, Orval, Westvletern are the Belgian abbeys and then there is one more in Holland called La Trappe. If you get the chance to try their beers they are all highly worth seeking out.

Jimbo
07-07-2004, 18:13
I have a beer selection in one that you would envy. In the other I have a crap load of salmon, tuna, steak, turkey burgers, soy milk and veggies. Oh, and some mixers... I mean fruit juice.

brewmonkey
07-07-2004, 18:22
Originally posted by Jimbo
I have a beer selection in one that you would envy. In the other I have a crap load of salmon, tuna, steak, turkey burgers, soy milk and veggies. Oh, and some mixers... I mean fruit juice.

Soy milk is the stuff, we were shocked when our oldest started drinking it. He claims it is like drinking a shake so we decided to keep it around in different flavors for him.

We also have the turkey burgers as well as some ground turkey. When buying the gorund though you need to be careful that you are not getting the "left over" meat, it is worse then 80% beef IIRC.

I can imagine what you have in the beer fridge. My guess is some DFH and Rogue I2PA.

Jimbo
07-07-2004, 18:26
Originally posted by brewmonkey
My guess is some DFH and Rogue I2PA.

I'm out of the Rogue I2PA, but I have some Dead Guy Ale and American Amber. I also have a botte of Stone Vertical 3.0 and a whole slew of DFHs including some 90 min and Indian Brown. I've been meaning to take a picture of it and include it in my next care package, but, hey. I'm lazy.

brewmonkey
07-07-2004, 18:29
YOU HAVE VERTICAL EPIC?

I would eat a dead monkeys ass for some of that. Stone sadly is another product not available in this prohibitionist state of mine.

Jimbo
07-07-2004, 18:30
I'll see if I can scrounge another bottle and send it witht he DFH 120.

Oh yeah, I also have a few bottles left of Midas Touch Golden Elixir. Weird, but good.