PDA

View Full Version : Israel part of AOR?

version13
07-16-2009, 01:42
In doing reading and research about the SF and its history, I couldn't seem to find Israel on the list of the 5th group's AOR and was curious if it fell under the 10th group for political or other reasons.

The Wikipedia entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Special_Forces#Groups) on the groups and their respective AOR lists Israel (as well as Lebanon and N. Africa for some reason).

Was Wikipedia wrong in its entry or is the 10th responsible for Israel (and Lebanon, as well)?

Thanks you

Sapper72
07-16-2009, 06:47
Yes it is 10th Groups

The Reaper
07-16-2009, 10:06
Why?

TR

Richard
07-16-2009, 10:58
In doing reading and research about the SF and its history, I couldn't seem to find Israel on the list of the 5th group's AOR and was curious if it fell under the 10th group for political or other reasons.

It's historically a USEUCOM commitment for the 10th SFG. ;)

Richard's $.02 :munchin

version13
07-16-2009, 13:53
Why?

TR

Israel is a part of the Middle East and I didn't think that USEUCOM's area of responsibility stretched that far, particularly because geographically Syria and Lebanon lie further north and they are part of the 5th Group. This would make Israel an island of the 10th Group surrounded by the 5th's responsibility.

To further answer your question of why is that I recently graduated from college where I studied politics of MENA, Islamic Civilization/History, and Arabic (I also speak some Hebrew) and I was just doing research in the groups that have commitment to that area.

It's historically a USEUCOM commitment for the 10th SFG. ;)

Richard's $.02 :munchin

Do you know why it has historically been a part of USEUCOM, but not geographically?

The Reaper
07-16-2009, 14:34
Let me know when you got your Tab, and I will brief you on the history.

Till then, we are not going to get into it to satisfy your idle curiosity. Essentially, you have no need to know.

Thread closed.

TR