PDA

View Full Version : John Adams had it right

Utah Bob
07-03-2009, 16:45
“The day will be the most memorable in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival…it ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade…bonfires and illuminations (fireworks) from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward, forever more.”

John Adams, July 3, 1777

Happy 4th everyone

Gypsy
07-04-2009, 13:15
To those that have and continue to fight for our freedom....thank you. As I read in an opinion piece the other day, "Despite whatever other issues we're wrestling with these days, preserving freedom is our # 1 priority."

Happy Independence Day, America.

greenberetTFS
07-04-2009, 14:13
Well another July 4th is coming to an end,and maybe I'll be around next year to celebrate it......:) But,if I'm not, I still feel great to have served with the best of the best,the creme de le creme,the "Green Berets" of the U.S. Army's Special Forces.:)

Big Teddy ;)

P.S. That thing that looks like a blot on Maggie's blouse are my "blood wings" that I sent her. I said she was 13 at the time, but she corrected me and said she was 14. Do any of you old timers remember a song by Tony Bennet? It was called "From the candy store on the corner to the chapel on the hill"......That came out in 1954,it was our song...............

Gypsy
07-04-2009, 20:03
Well another July 4th is coming to an end,and maybe I'll be around next year to celebrate it......:) ...

You better be. :)

That's a lovely picture, btw.

SF0
07-04-2009, 20:16
You better be. :)

I'd be sure of it. I'm betting he could out run and out fight me any day. :lifter