PDA

View Full Version : How long should I be waiting for my ABS date?

em_twofourzero
07-02-2009, 07:13
Don't want to seem bitchy, but I have what I'd consider to be an uncommon situation. I'm stationed in Korea and just got back form SFAS (selected; class 09-09). My DEROS is late July and I am waiting for an AKO email detailing my AB School date and my sub-sequential QC date. My command and 1SG are breathing down my neck for info on when I am leaving the unit, and I can't give them a solid answer. How long does it usually take for Bragg to get back with a course schedule?

And yes, I have called the Ft. Bragg SF career office with no answer back. If anyone has an email to them it would be appreciated. Thanks for any help.

SF_BHT
07-02-2009, 07:47
1st If your DEROS is this month Mother Army will not react this quick.

2nd ABS is a Mother Army school and the summer priority goes to ROTC/USMA during this time as they are getting into the pipeline from their commissioning.

Your chain of command should not worry as PERSCOM will move you as they want. If your DEROS from a short tour is up they more than likely will send you to another assignment and your ABS and SFQC will be later.

Hope you do not arrive at a unit that is scheduled to deploy as that may take priority and have your class dates pushed back.

Good luck.....