PDA

View Full Version : Barracks for geographical bachelors

thegakattack
06-29-2009, 18:15
My wife doesn't wanna come down untill phase III because of the holidays and her family lives here in the same town as us and the kids. I am in this upcoming Nov class and don't wanna rent a place i am never gonna see while in phase II plus paying rent on one there and here till Mar. Its not a question of being able to get moved into a place without me cause her father and mine are going to help. I just wondering if there are any quarters available on a temporary basis for geographical bachelors during phase II. Anyone heard of this being done?

Dozer523
06-29-2009, 22:20
Awwww this is sad. Someone help this poor lad.

wet dog
06-30-2009, 00:03
Try building a shelter-half against a tree just outside the company office. You will never be late for formation or miss a message from the 1SG.

Tell the wife to send recent photos of the kids, wish them well, and stay focused on the 25 meter target.

Pete
06-30-2009, 04:08
Barracks rooms are for single soldiers and they have priority.

Use of excess rooms will depend on the one holding the keys. That chat will occur after you sign in.

The Reaper
06-30-2009, 06:47
The garrison commander may apportion excess housing and barracks rooms to geographic bachelors on a prioritized basis, at his discretion.

Last time I checked, both were in short supply on Ft. Bragg, and the Chief of Housing said this would not be done.

A geographic bachelor in CONUS is a personal decision, and is not the responsibility of the government.

Shouldn't you be focused on getting selected first?

TR

Utah Bob
06-30-2009, 13:41
Didn't they tell yo that you need to get divorced before the course??
Looks like somebody dropped the ball.
;)

thegakattack
06-30-2009, 14:48
Yes thats what I thought, I just didn't know if that was somthing that was common for phase II trainees. I understand that the army isn't obligated to provide me quarters because they already pay me BAH, just figured it would be better to ask than not. I was selected back in Nov 2005 and had a few hiccups along the way. As for the divorce, I actually did have to DX the last wife when I was down there last time. No Joke.

Scimitar
06-30-2009, 15:41
Didn't they tell yo that you need to get divorced before the course??
Looks like somebody dropped the ball.
;)

LOL :D

Didn't SurgicalCric do something like this? PM him he may know a few tricks...?

HTH

S

Pete
06-30-2009, 17:05
Yes thats what I thought, ......

There is the "pop up camper at Smith Lake Campgrounds" technique. Drag it on post with your car when you deploy

Word of advice, keep everything of value in the trunk ot your car.

Surgicalcric
06-30-2009, 19:13
There really are no secrets I can share. Until I started PH-III I lived in the old SOPC area in one of the barracks buildings for the instructors as a favor from the SOPC 1SG. Once I started the medic course I talked to the 1SG there and he allowed me to move into the medic barracks, where I stayed til I completed the course. Luckily for me I had been working at the SOPC aid station for a few months and had made some contacts in that time which enabled me to pull it off.

Worst thing that could happen is you ask and someone tell you no. In that case, there are always guys in the course looking for a roommate. And there is the camper plan, which several guys used. It isnt the preferred technique, but it is a technique.

Best of luck,

Crip

midessa7
11-06-2009, 10:25
I am looking at getting to the Q for the Jan class with another friend of mine that was selected in the same class. Does anyone know off hand of any rental proprty, please let me know.

midessa7

The Reaper
11-06-2009, 11:06
I am looking at getting to the Q for the Jan class with another friend of mine that was selected in the same class. Does anyone know off hand of any rental proprty, please let me know.

midessa7

There is no shortage of rental property in Fayetteville.

Google is your friend.

TR

Hammock
11-30-2011, 18:59
If you are married and getting or entitled to get BAH, when you report for the Q (or CLT) you can go to the barracks manager and ask for a geographical bachelor waiver form. In that form you put down your sob story, and take it to various persons in your support channel and chain of command. Assuming everyone signs off on it, and the barracks manager has available space for you, you can live in the barracks and still get BAH.

Hammock