PDA

View Full Version : Feminists Raise Androgynous Child

SF-TX
06-26-2009, 08:20
Poor kid. :(

A couple of Swedish parents have stirred up debate in the country by refusing to reveal whether their two-and-a-half-year-old child is a boy or a girl...

In an interview with newspaper Svenska Dagbladet in March, the parents were quoted saying their decision was rooted in the feminist philosophy that gender is a social construction.

“We want Pop to grow up more freely and avoid being forced into a specific gender mould from the outset,” Pop’s mother said. “It's cruel to bring a child into the world with a blue or pink stamp on their forehead.”

The child's parents said so long as they keep Pop’s gender a secret, he or she will be able to avoid preconceived notions of how people should be treated if male or female.

Pop's wardrobe includes everything from dresses to trousers and Pop's hairstyle changes on a regular basis. And Pop usually decides how Pop is going to dress on a given morning.

http://www.thelocal.se/20232/20090623/

Utah Bob
06-26-2009, 08:37
Holy Cow, a real-life Pat!
Some people should not be allowed access to Saturday Night Live.

Sigaba
06-26-2009, 10:13
Those parents are going to put at least two kids through college.

Theirs, and that of the therapist their kid is going to pay to get his/her head unscrewed.

echoes
06-26-2009, 11:32
Poor kid. :(

Pop’s mother said. “It's cruel to bring a child into the world with a blue or pink stamp on their forehead.”

What she should have said is, "It's cruel for me to bring a child in to the world, seeing as I am a nut-case wannabe freak!":eek:!

Wonder what would happen if this was a U.S. couple? No, actually, nevermind...under the current administration, I don't want to know...:(

Poor kid indeed...

Holly

Pete
06-26-2009, 11:46
Give a Barbie to a kid.

The Girl (most) will have a Tea Party.

The Boy (most) will twist the legs open and turn her into a sub-machinegun.

In normal people/kids some things are just hard wired.

greenberetTFS
06-26-2009, 12:13
Those parents are going to put at least two kids through college.

Theirs, and that of the therapist their kid is going to pay to get his/her head unscrewed.

Sigaba,is right............:rolleyes: This kid will have a tough time growing up under this BS from his parents...:(

Big Teddy :munchin

Richard
06-26-2009, 12:14
Just wait until their little K-PAX begins comparing cogs and widgets with the other kids - and then begins asking questions of these Area 51 escapee parents. ;)

Richard's $.02 :munchin

echoes
06-26-2009, 14:28
These people need to be beaten with a stick until they see the error of their ways.

B.O.,

You have captured my thoughts to the hilt! And indeed, if this were to happen here in redneck county, these "parents" would be, at least, run the hell outta town, and their poor child taken in by farmers...to be raised right!

Holly:munchin

Defender968
06-26-2009, 14:36
WOW.... really, these people think they're solving the kid's nonexistent problems by psychologically scaring the tar out of him/her....brilliant, so instead of rolling the dice and maybe the kid turns out normal, now they've guaranteed it will be screwed up because it is either a girl or boy and thus should be treated accordingly.

Slantwire
06-26-2009, 14:45
these people think they're solving the kid's nonexistent problems by psychologically scaring the tar out of him/her.

They don't care about the child's future psychological scarring. They don't care about the basic logistics of which public restroom to use.

They are using the child to try to make a political / social point.

Pop’s mother said. “It's cruel to bring a child into the world with a blue or pink stamp on their forehead.”

Maybe, maybe not. But it's unavoidable to bring a child in to the world with a "blue" or "pink" stamp where the legs meet. Fundamental biology is not a "social construct."

Rose
06-26-2009, 14:46

echoes
06-26-2009, 14:59

Maybe, maybe not. But it's unavoidable to bring a child in to the world with a "blue" or "pink" stamp where the legs meet. Fundamental biology is not a "social construct."

Pin, IMVHO.... these "Parents" do not deserve the title!:mad:

Holly

Hostile0311
06-26-2009, 15:29
This article fails to mention if "Pop's" parents are of the same sex, only mentions the mother. Thus the "feminist" outlook. It wouldn't surprise me. Either daddy is also a mommy or if it is a "he", fails to have any balls of his own. As for gender being a "social construction"...I always thought it was God's or Nature's construction. After all, we are "constructed" a bit differently. Some parents need their license to procreate revolked, then removed from the gene pool themselves. Needless to say, this kid is gonna have some major issues to contend with. I feel sorry for "it". :(

Sigaba
06-26-2009, 20:16
WOW.... really, these people think they're solving the kid's nonexistent problems by psychologically scaring the tar out of him/her....brilliant, so instead of rolling the dice and maybe the kid turns out normal, now they've guaranteed it will be screwed up because it is either a girl or boy and thus should be treated accordingly.
IMHO, the greater damage that the kid may suffer will come from being raised by parents who teach that alloplasticity is a superior form of adaptation to autoplasticity. Rather than thinking of the world in terms of "she," "he," and ''we," this kid may grow up thinking of the world in terms of "me, me, me."

Then again, to paraphrase Melanie Klein, a kid is going to hate his/her parents for something. At least this kid will be able to draw consolation that the issue will be more easily identified.

This article fails to mention if "Pop's" parents are of the same sex, only mentions the mother. Thus the "feminist" outlook. It wouldn't surprise me. Either daddy is also a mommy or if it is a "he", fails to have any balls of his own. As for gender being a "social construction"...I always thought it was God's or Nature's construction. After all, we are "constructed" a bit differently. Some parents need their license to procreate revolked, then removed from the gene pool themselves. Needless to say, this kid is gonna have some major issues to contend with. I feel sorry for "it". :(
Men can't be feminists?

FWIW, the argument that is being bowdlerized by the article or by the parents (or both) is that gender identity is a construct.

I share a sense of displeasure with a couples' approach to child rearing but I don't agree that eugenics is a viable option, not even as a joke.
[T]hese "Parents" do not deserve the title!
It looks like they're going to put D. W. Winnicott's theory of "the good enough mother" to the test. Hopefully, the kid will pass this test.

If not, he/she could always star in a revival of The Oresteia. S/he'll bring the house down playing both Orestes and Electra and then deliver a stirring acceptance speech at the Tony Awards during which CBS will need every moment of the five second delay used for live telecasts.

incarcerated
06-26-2009, 22:02
Oh man, they’re making the next Michael Jackson.

Pete S
06-27-2009, 01:45
Using their child to make a statement of their weird beliefs.
Still a BS way of making a point even for those that do it in support of a noble cause, which this isn't.

The article kinda glazed over the gender of the parents.
I wouldn't doubt that they are some man hating lady lickers.

That'll show society!
I'll screw the kid up before anyone else has a chance!

Some people.... :rolleyes:

Gypsy
06-27-2009, 08:13
Some people just shouldn't be allowed to breed. That will most likely be one messed up/mixed up kid.

Hostile0311
06-27-2009, 10:40
Men can't be feminists?

Not where I come from. The ones that are are either gay or have been neutered. Wouldn't a male feminist be a perfect example of an "oxymoron"?
I see your point Sigaba and forgive the jest. But for the sake of argument, experimenting with a child's developing social behavior is a recipe for disaster. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
B/R,
Hostile