PDA

View Full Version : ARNG NC

rourke
06-24-2009, 21:45
Over the course of the last few months I have been talking with a recruiter out of Roanoke Rapids in NC about joining the ARNG. I have filled out my ARISS forms and collected and delivered all of the pertinent iformation requested of me in order to join the NG with my eyes on 20th Grp. I was recently informed that in NC there is a stay on medical and moral waivers for enlistment personnel. I was told that this would be no problem, that I could circumvent the system by joining as an OCS candidate, as I am a college graduate and there is no stay on waivers for this type of "contract", and once in, that I could drop OCS and choose to attend AIT instead and become an enlisted personnel. I recently had shoulder surgery for a torn rotator cuff as a result of an old baseball injury but am fine now and playing ball again, throwing just as hard as I ever did. I apologize if my jargon or understanding of this matter is slightly off but I am looking for some information as to whether this is frowned upon, happens quite often... Any information and further enlightenment would be greatly appreciated. Also, in the midst of writing this, I have just received a cryptic email that the recruiter I have been working with has had an issue and is now on terminal leave and that I should call 1-800-GOGUARD for a recruiter in my area. Is there someone in the RR area that I can speak with that can give me the straight scoop on what it is that I need to do, and whether or not everything I have done thus far will need to be repeated. I just submitted all of my medical files pertaining to the surgery and filled out a few forms and am now left in limbo as to what to do. I thank you gentlemen in advance for any help that might be offered and humbly apologize if any of this has been answered before elsewhere and I have missed it.

Scimitar
06-25-2009, 02:02
This is / was the recruiter the B/3/20th out of NC is / was using....

SGT Baily = 252 903 3518
Same guy...?

If no luck there, contact the B/3/20th unit HQ directly and ask them what recruiter they prefer to work with at the moment.
(252) 537 - 3678

Although technically any recruiter can enlist you into an 18 series type contract each NG SF unit 'tends' to work with a prefered recruiter in their area.

Best of Luck & HTH

Scimitar

rourke
06-25-2009, 06:09
Thanks Scim. That was the gentleman that I was working with. I shall call them directly and go from there.

exsquid
06-25-2009, 14:04
Use your nearest NCARNG recruiting station. Work w/ someone who you can maintain immediate contact with. If the local recruiter has questions IRT unit specifics, PM me w/ his telephone number & I will call him myself. I can not garauntee I can help w/ your medical issues & the normal NG mess, but I can get you the straight scoop on B/3/20.

x/S

rourke
06-25-2009, 21:44
Thank you squid for your offer to help. I had maintained regular contact with SFC Bailey which is why the email I received yesterday was such a shock. If local is the way to go then I will do so. If you would happen to know, since I was going through Bailey and he was supposed to send my med recs through for review, who can I talk to from that office to see if he did so? And if he did, who would receive the notice if I was DQ'ed/require a waiver or not. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I would rather not just have my medical records floating around out there with no idea as to who has them or what has become of them. If I can call the RR recruiting office and find answers then I will do so. Once again, I greatly appreciate your time in response and offer of help.

exsquid
06-26-2009, 23:15
To answer your question, I have not a clue. I did not use SFC Bailey, I used the recruiter in E-city. I would try to enlist the help of your local recruiter by first explaining your situation & where you were in the process w/ Bailey. All I can help you out w/ is stuff regarding the unit.

x/S

rourke
06-27-2009, 08:49
Understood. I will make the call first thing next week to see if I can get the ball rolling again here locally. I can't let a little problem like this get in the way. Thanks.