PDA

View Full Version : Now that's fit...

Scimitar
06-24-2009, 14:45
Not sure where this should go...

This guy has some great moves...not sure how helpful they are in real life...but fun to watch.

Human performance taken to its limit...?

Youtube Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MeiwLLZjDo&feature=player_embedded)

Scimitar

BigJimCalhoun
06-24-2009, 18:20
Really great video -

Let's see a bodybuilder try that

Surgicalcric
06-24-2009, 23:55
...Let's see a bodybuilder try that

Why?

The fitness goals of a bodybuilder and that of this guy are completely different; apples and oranges.

Sawman
06-25-2009, 00:09
You've just given me an outstanding example of agility excellence for my "man cub" to watch. He loves that kind of stuff. It's cool to show things like that to him. Thanks for the post.

SF_BHT
06-25-2009, 06:47
You've just given me an outstanding example of agility excellence for my "man cub" to watch. He loves that kind of stuff. It's cool to show things like that to him. Thanks for the post.

Lets put a ruck and body armor on him and see how far he can walk......

Nice Video....

BigJimCalhoun
06-25-2009, 07:41
Why?

The fitness goals of a bodybuilder and that of this guy are completely different; apples and oranges.

exactly

SF-TX
06-25-2009, 07:57
If he isn't already and he can stay alive and healthy, he could have a helluva career as a movie stuntman.

A quick web search turned up this site with information about Parkour and Free Running:

http://www.americanparkour.com/content/category/6/98/417/

Surgicalcric
06-25-2009, 09:18
exactly

So your initial point was what then?

BigJimCalhoun
06-25-2009, 09:42
No real point other than just calling out the distinction between different sets of goals. :o

SimpleDreamer
06-25-2009, 12:26
Damien Walters is one spectacle of an athlete. He is mostly known for gymnastics, however with the rise of Parkour or free running he has really taken off.

MILON
06-25-2009, 13:34
If an idividual is training for any event, other than jumping off buildings, they should absolutely NOT do this. The risk of injury, regardless of saftey measures and progression, will never outweigh the benefit. If one is training for free running, daredevil stunts, or could really care less, then more power to them. But, in training for an athletic event, its certainly not worth it.

Awesome video though.....

GratefulCitizen
06-08-2010, 20:02
Found a video of an old friend who is still in top shape.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBPXYm9cmkY

Not bad for a 6'6" 250lb man.

Quite a leaper, too.
He could stand under the basket and with no step/no dribble would launch up and 360 slam-dunk.
(He weighed a little less then.)

MMA abilities are something else.
IIRC, all but 3 of his pro and amatuer fights (total ~18) he finished in the 1st round.

Also adept at real-world brawling.
Worked security with him at a violent nightclub many years ago.
Nobody on Earth I'd rather be next to in a brawl.

His fitness is due to many years of hard work and a generous bit of God-given talent.
Time and dedication yield results.

Sten
06-23-2010, 16:04
The vault was for knights to practice sprinting and "vaulting" up onto a horse (which was a wooden horse for practice). These evolved into the pommel horse event and the vaulting event in modern gymnastics.

I call shenanigans on this factoid.

dr. mabuse
06-24-2010, 08:16