PDA

View Full Version : Question about Q course?

lovesaspecialop
06-07-2009, 22:59
Ive come to ask a civilian question. Lol.
Upon making selection, what happens? do you start the Q course right away or do you get leave first? Also, my main question- During the q course at Ft Bragg, can you leave the base during weekends/whatever or have visitors? Or is it 10+ months of not being able to see anyone?

Eagle5US
06-07-2009, 23:09
Upon making selection, what happens? do you start the Q course right away or do you get leave first? Also, my main question- During the q course at Ft Bragg, can you leave the base during weekends/whatever or have visitors? Or is it 10+ months of not being able to see anyone?
I am guessing you are a "loving partner" of someone who either has tried out for, or is planning to try out for Special Forces.

Please take a moment and comply with the instructions you received when you signed up for this site.
i.e
1. Fill out your profile
2. Post an introduction in the appropriate thread
3. Use the search button to research your own question before asking it

We are here to help but you must be willing to follow simple instructions.

You will determine the course.

Eagle

lovesaspecialop
06-07-2009, 23:13
yes, I would be the "loving" person, he is currently in SFAS. I honestly have no doubt he will make it considering he is at the top of his company, guess i could be wrong, but Ill know in a few weeks and with that being said, I want to be able to prepare for what comes next.. Can someone help me :) I have searched and did not find a similar thread and have now listed some bio details and an intro.

koz
06-08-2009, 16:46
yes, I would be the "loving" person, he is currently in SFAS. I honestly have no doubt he will make it considering he is at the top of his company, guess i could be wrong, but Ill know in a few weeks and with that being said, I want to be able to prepare for what comes next.. Can someone help me :) I have searched and did not find a similar thread and have now listed some bio details and an intro.

Let's hit this topic first. I'm sure your husband/boyfriend is every bit the stud in your eyes. He may be a stud at his old unit. There are several "studs," "Rangers," "hardened combats vets," etc... that will not make it thru selection. I'm not saying he won't but a LOT of people don't make it.

Is your guy a 18x, prior service, Rep-63 NG or regular National Guard? Are you married to him? This will / can change a few things..

After SFAS a SF-candidate will get a Q-course date, language & MOS assignment. When I went thru, it could be months after SFAS. I got lucky and got a date almost immediately. I'd assume it is the same now. It could be a couple weeks after SFAS.

I would hope he would not ask for leave between SFAS & the Course. Starting the Q-course needs to be his primary goal. He will PCS (permanent change of station) to Ft. Bragg for the Course. If you are married you can PCS with him.

There are several times where you will not be able to see him during the Q-course (the field phases), but there are lots of times he will be available to be "home" during training (language, some parts of MOS). There are some weekends he can put in for a weekend pass, some times he'll be free during weekend days, and sometimes he'll be tied up.

My biggest suggestion assuming he makes it to the Course- BE SUPPORTIVE. It's a tough life for spouses and the course will / should come first for him. If you're not planning to move to Bragg, then plan to visit him there. Get a hotel, take him to a nice dinner, etc... But yes, you'll be able to see him during parts of the Q-course.

Here are a couple links that may answer some questions as well.

http://professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22711

http://news.soc.mil/factsheets/USAJF...SFPipeline.pdf

Hope this helps.

lovesaspecialop
06-08-2009, 21:04
he has been active duty in the army for a few years, and THANK YOU KOZ for that :) Definitely helpful.

Knucklehead
11-01-2009, 19:17
Let's hit this topic first. I'm sure your husband/boyfriend is every bit the stud in your eyes. He may be a stud at his old unit. There are several "studs," "Rangers," "hardened combats vets," etc... that will not make it thru selection. I'm not saying he won't but a LOT of people don't make it.

Is your guy a 18x, prior service, Rep-63 NG or regular National Guard? Are you married to him? This will / can change a few things..

After SFAS a SF-candidate will get a Q-course date, language & MOS assignment. When I went thru, it could be months after SFAS. I got lucky and got a date almost immediately. I'd assume it is the same now. It could be a couple weeks after SFAS.

I would hope he would not ask for leave between SFAS & the Course. Starting the Q-course needs to be his primary goal. He will PCS (permanent change of station) to Ft. Bragg for the Course. If you are married you can PCS with him.

There are several times where you will not be able to see him during the Q-course (the field phases), but there are lots of times he will be available to be "home" during training (language, some parts of MOS). There are some weekends he can put in for a weekend pass, some times he'll be free during weekend days, and sometimes he'll be tied up.

My biggest suggestion assuming he makes it to the Course- BE SUPPORTIVE. It's a tough life for spouses and the course will / should come first for him. If you're not planning to move to Bragg, then plan to visit him there. Get a hotel, take him to a nice dinner, etc... But yes, you'll be able to see him during parts of the Q-course.

Here are a couple links that may answer some questions as well.

http://professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22711

http://news.soc.mil/factsheets/USAJF...SFPipeline.pdf

Hope this helps.

That helps myself as well. My wife was wondering about us seeing each other throughout the "Q" course.

The Reaper
11-01-2009, 19:46
This is explained in excruciating detail here and elsewhere.

For example, here:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70

You probably missed that when you missed the board rules as well.

I recommend more searching and reading before starting new threads.

TR