PDA

View Full Version : Happy Independence Day!

NousDefionsDoc
07-03-2004, 23:06
May the good Lord keep and protect you all on this day.

You boys in the box be careful.

Bill Harsey
07-03-2004, 23:18
Thanks NDD, Thoughts and prayers out to all those who serve. My small town town will dedicate its parade tommorrow to those whose who have and do serve in our military. Happy Fourth to you at your home NDD!

hoepoe
07-03-2004, 23:41
Happy 4th July, be safe all.
Don't let the enemy ruin the festivities.
Enjoy!!

Hoepoe

danjam
07-03-2004, 23:57
Happy and safe holidays

Gypsy
07-04-2004, 00:23
Went to the Taste of Chicago today, and although I got thoroughly drenched from the downpour I enjoyed my day and some spectacular fireworks. I kept thinking about all of our Troops overseas, and how I wish they all could be home enjoying the birthday of cour Country. Because of those that have previously served, and currently serve, we are assured the continued freedoms in this Country that far too many people take for granted.

I thank you and will not forget those of you far from home during all of the festivities of this weekend. Stay safe and please know you are valued and appreciated far more than I can begin to articulate.

Happy Independence Day America!

Radar Rider
07-04-2004, 05:23
Independence Day is so much more than just a holiday. It is the day that our great nation was born; a nation superior to any other that has ever been on the planet. Lady Liberty stands on the shores of our country, beckoning others to come here and succeed. I love America because we have persons of every background that come here; we are better than every other place in the world because we accept everybody. Also, we are powerful because we integrate the world's best. I love my country.

God Bless the U.S.A.! Happy Birthday!

NousDefionsDoc
07-04-2004, 08:41
For Solid - My deepest sympathies on this, your day of most woeful mourning. If seeing Cornwallis' sword would aid you in assuaging your cries of lament - I can probably arrange a tour of the Smithsonian.:D

Ghostrider
07-04-2004, 09:33
Happy and Safe 4th of July to all....especially our people in harm's way.

Guy
07-04-2004, 09:44
Stay safe and prayers out to all...near and far!

The Reaper
07-04-2004, 09:58
What everyone else has said.

BTW, don't fret about the troops missing the fireworks. Our thoughtful government gives them better pyrotechnics than you civilians will likely ever see.

TR

myclearcreek
07-04-2004, 12:34
That picture reminds me of a few I received via e-mail from a shipboard pen pal last 4th. His celebration was much more festive than mine, no doubt.

Happy Independence Day, one and all. My sincere gratitude to all those who have served and are serving today.

Rhonda

Jack Moroney (RIP)
07-04-2004, 12:58
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
May the good Lord keep and protect you all on this day.

You boys in the box be careful.

Shared this with TR before I read your msg. This sort of tells me that the boys are doing just fine
:D Jack Moroney

Hi Bulldog,

Hope all is well with you these days. We had not heard from you in quite some time and I was starting to worry. We are doing all right, but Kathie is on a one year tour at National Ground Intel Center (NIGIC) in Charlottesville, I’m gone yet again, but the girls are with Kathie or relatives. With luck we’ll all be home for Christmas.

I'm back in the "kitty litter box" (3rd time since 9/11) for yet another period of fun in the sun. We in the 5th Legion are getting a chance to live by our motto of liberation of the oppressed but at a cost in lives and limbs. Hell if it was easy the UN would be here instead of us. It could be worse; we could have been like the conventional guys in here for 11 to 13 months straight. You would be damn proud of how the youth of this great country have taken to hunting down the assholes and giving them the payback coming to them. Generation X, or Y, Nintendo, or what ever the folks back home call them is stepping up to the plate and doing what needs to be done so we can maintain our freedoms that were bought and paid for by previous generations of American Warriors such as yourself. I know that I do not have to tell you to keep them all in your prayers.

Hopefully the American people vote their conscious and not vote Bush out. Last thing we need is to have some Frog Lover cow towing to those BASTARDS. The Frogs, Lugerheads, Ruskies along with the UN that were aiding and abetting Sadam, squandered so much wealth this nation and people had. When I have my morning constitutional,
sitting on one of his gold plated shitters in a former palace, I think about these assholes and believe I will never set foot in any of these countries again. I know that the majority of the people in these countries are not responsible and believe the leftwing BS that comes from their new organization and politicians, but it still does not sit well with me. All things considered it could be worse, I could be wearing a blue helmet. NOT!!!!

Well enough of my ranting and ravings. Take care, give my best to the little lady and look forward to hearing from you again soon.

John

NousDefionsDoc
07-04-2004, 14:24
God Bless him Sir.

But it working - at least in part:

"Newly graduated members of the Iraqi National Guard and U.S. troops from 1st Infantry Division watch a fireworks display over the banks of the Tigris River at an American military base inside the grounds of a former Saddam Hussein Palace complex in Tikrit, Iraq, Sunday July 4, 2004. The 1st Infntry Division hosted a Fourth of July celebration to mark the traditional U.S. independence day. (AP Photo/David Guttenfelder) "

NousDefionsDoc
07-04-2004, 14:29
The Pic

Roguish Lawyer
07-04-2004, 14:43
Here, here NDD.

myclearcreek
07-04-2004, 15:31
Thank you both for sharing that info. The worship service I attended this morning was peppered with reminders of our servicemen and women. Several prayers were voiced and many more in silence. No doubt it was the same across the nation today.

Rhonda