PDA

View Full Version : My Hammock SDtory

QRQ 30
07-03-2004, 22:05
We were on an FTX in Panama, at a place called Frijoles Island. IIRC it was part of the Smithsonian Research Center. The mosquitoes were the thickest I had ever experienced. They were also quick and educated. If you touched against the netting of the hammock, they would drill right through the net. Their tracks totally paralleled your veins. When you opened the hammock netting to get in you had to be quick since they followed you. Once you sealed the netting you had to spray the inside. I decided to be clever and quick. I counted to three, opened the net and leaped into the hammock intending to seal the net ASAP. Instead, I went right through and out the opposite side. Half of the team also fell out of their hammocks laughing at my silly ass.

:rolleyes:

Bill Harsey
07-03-2004, 22:28
LMAO! I thought we had bad skeeters in the Oregon woods, guess not!

NousDefionsDoc
07-04-2004, 10:32
Great story QRQ! The Panamanian national bird must be experienced to be truly appreciated. I am convinced they can carry off small children if provoked.

Waiting on stories from the 10th Group guys about rolling over in their double sleeping bags and de-alining the face holes and waking in a panic. LOL

DON'T LIE! I KNOW IT HAPPENED!

Probably best on another thread though.:munchin

QRQ 30
07-04-2004, 21:31
On another site someone asked which country had the best military. I voted for Panama with its army of fire ants, air force of mosquitos, SPCOPS of sand lleas, costal defense forces of sharks, and lake defense of caymen as well as static defenses of black palm whose needles will penetrate any material known to man..