PDA

View Full Version : Blade Show 2009 update -> Reeve & Harsey

PiterM
06-02-2009, 15:32
I'm finally back home. Well, I was here yesterda but I needed some rest after last 40+ hrs of last day of the show & traveling by car/plain/plain/car. The show was great (as you can expect) and as Bill mentionned Al Mar joined Cutlery Hall of Fame, and that is the most honorable moment of The Blade Banquet every year, much more important than the awards as such (in my opinion).

Let's start with Chris Reeve Knives. CRK introduced Sikayo series of kitchen knives, of which Sikayo Slicer is the "flagship" model. It's long, strong and sharp. And thanksto very special "waved" grind lines it slices through food with ease - all kinds of, from bread with crispy skin to soft tomatoes. Great knife. Chris scored Best Kitchen Knife Of The Year award for this one. Chris also scored for the 9th time Manufacturing Quality Award, which should be now called "Chris Reeve Manufacturing Quality Award" I think :D

Some pictures below:
- Al Mar now in Cutlery Hall of Fame
- Chris receives his award
- Chris & his Sikayo
- Waverly Hotel Restaurant Chief tries Sikayo (and complements the design a lot!)
- Chris' friend, who's also Restaurant Chief in SOuth Africa, and his "Sikayo Show"

LibraryLady
06-02-2009, 15:38
Mmmmm...

Me likey that 9" Sikayo... :cool:

Heading off to count my pennies... :D

LL

PiterM
06-02-2009, 15:44
Now our friend Bill... as usual there's always been a big smile on face of my Oregon brother :cool: Bill showed during Blade couple of new designs. One you already know (5.5" utility knife) and the other two are Tactical Trout Knives - smaller than most of Bills knives, but strong, with great grip (also in reverse) and useful of course. Kind of personal tactical knives that don't scream "HEY, I'M BADASS BLACK TACTICAL KNIFE" and which can be easily explained to LEO as trout (or camp) knives. One full-size, one slightly smaller. Maybe Bill will add couple of thoughts behind these designs?

Below some Blade Show pic's of Bill:
- Bill (cool portrait, isn't it?)
- Bill and his "small private bladeshow"
- Bill & Jim Burke (and two Jim's knives... that ubercool 2" 154CM & Ti slipjoint is mine, yeah!)
- Bill & Joe (Blade Show Manager)
- CRK Team together: Dan, Bill, me, Chris, Heather, Anne and Tim

PiterM
06-02-2009, 15:50
And now Bill's knives... these are temporary pictures taken at the backyard of Waverly Hotel (yes!). These fine protos found a new home in Poland (good and safe home) and I'll take some serious photos as soon as FedEx delivers them to me after custom clearence. I sent them via FedEx to be very safe that these arrive to new home safely. Now just look at these lines... and what an awesome leatherwork!

JJ_BPK
06-02-2009, 17:21
Piter

Great pictures,,

William,, I like the short fellow,, the leather looks like it has a couple seasons in the back pocket already.. Tactical Trout,, good name...

Thanks..

Team Sergeant
06-02-2009, 17:55
Piter, nice pictures! Thanks for sharing them! I wish I could have been there this year.

Congrats to Chris Reeve!

Bill, beautiful knife. (Save one for me!)

LibraryLady, I already ordered my Sikayo!;)

Team Sergeant

LibraryLady
06-03-2009, 00:45
... LibraryLady, I already ordered my Sikayo!;) ...

43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48...

shhhhh... you'll make me lose count!

:lifter

LL

Tobusch
06-03-2009, 08:54
Awesome pics!
Thanks for the great update

JoeyB
06-03-2009, 14:26
OK Ill bite
whos leg do I gotta... well you know to get more info on that tactical util knife?

Bill?

Roguish Lawyer
06-03-2009, 14:53
That folder is freakin HUGE!

PiterM
06-03-2009, 17:20
That folder is freakin HUGE!
Maybe... H-Class size so I got used to this kind of folders ;)

And what about that Burke? This one is mine... cute Burke, haha :munchin

BoyScout
06-03-2009, 17:22
They make folding machetes?