PDA

View Full Version : Newest Texan

Mitch
05-31-2009, 04:21
It has been a great day couple of days.
Friday night - we invited my second oldest son, Kyle and his "very pregnant" wife Emily out to dinner at Buca di Beppo. We had "huge diner" we ordered way too much (but I had an ulterior motive - I reminded Kyle of when he was born in Berlin back so many years ago, how my wife and another couple went to the Rixdorf restaurant for a feast of a meal (Greek & Balkan Food). Four hours later, she was in labor and not long after that, son number two was born. Emily was due on the 6th but I was ready to get this show on the road this weekend.

Early this morning, I get a call from Son number one, Chris who wants to know if we will babysit their two. Of course we will, but I have tons of yard work to do - we agree to pick them up at 5pm. On way over to get grandkids, Son number 2 (Kyle) calls up and says that they are on the way to the hospital. This is a dilemma, but he then tells me that there is no rush - probably won't happen for six hours.
So mom and I take grandkids to the movie - (they are 5 and 3 years old) so we were limited on what we could see - (We saw that Museum movie - very funny). After movie - we call Kyle at hospital - he says things have progressed somewhat, but still expects another 3 hours. We drive over and join all the other family members who have started to congregate. After an hour, we realize that we need to feed the Grand kids so off to McDonalds we go where they play in the play area for an hour or more - then back to hospital - it is now 11pm.

Things get serious at 11:30 and we are asked to go wait in the waiting room.
At midnight we are informed that there has been a problem, something is blocking the baby - can’t come out, baby's heart beat got too low - so natural birth is out - they are going to have to do an emergency C-Section. We wait.
At 12:40 we finally see a nurse pushing a cart our way - it is not a cart exactly, it is a baby transporter; there he is, our newest grandson. They told us that somehow just at the point of moving into the birth canal, the umbilical cord got wrapped around his neck and that was causing the problem.

Little 3-year-old Olivia is just amazed - not so sure about 5-year-old Pierce, then we tell him that it is a Boy - that cheered him up immediately.
At 1:00 am Son number 1 and wife show up from party and are in awe like the rest of us. Mom & Dad are tired and doing fine - we all leave there at about 1:30 - Kids are tired. We are tired too - but it has been a good day.

Morel to this story – Mediterranean food, among other things, is very good for birthing babies.

Proud Grandpa

This is the first picture I took of grandson - not the sharpest or best quallity - but I like it the best.

BoyScout
05-31-2009, 06:08
Congratulations sir!!!!!

JJ_BPK
05-31-2009, 06:12
Congratulations to mom & dad & grand-pa,, et all... :D:D

Pete
05-31-2009, 06:14
It will take a while before he's big enough to take shooting but it's something you can look forward to.

Congrats.

Richard
05-31-2009, 06:30
We've got two granddaughters - sure makes growing old tolerable. Congrats to the family! :)

Richard

Red Flag 1
05-31-2009, 06:34
Congratulations Grandpa!

It's a great feeling, we have four.

RF 1

jillyz12
05-31-2009, 07:17
Congratulations all around, sir! He's gorgeous, and looks very healthy in spite of the scary part of the birth. I'm happy for all of you. :)

Jill

Puertoland
05-31-2009, 07:21
Congratulations to your and your family. Great looking baby.

Gypsy
05-31-2009, 07:53
Congrats to you and yours, Grandpa! :)

Sdiver
05-31-2009, 08:14
Congrats to Mom and Dad, and of course to you "Gramps". :D :lifter

Mediterranean food, Hummmmm. :munchin

mojaveman
05-31-2009, 12:14
Congradulations Mitch!

Grandkids are for preventing the elderly from becoming bored.

SF_BHT
05-31-2009, 12:17
Congrads....

Sigaba
05-31-2009, 12:18
Mitch--

Congratulations to you and to your family.

Peregrino
05-31-2009, 12:27
Congratulations!

Team Sergeant
05-31-2009, 12:32
Congrats!

TS

(I heard that babies born in Texas are given .38's to cut their teeth on?)

echoes
05-31-2009, 12:43
Sir,

Congradulations on your new Grandson! May he grow up strong, helathy, and happy!:)

Holly

armymom1228
05-31-2009, 15:16
Congratulations!
Our children, grandchildren are our ticket to immortality.
Through them we live forever.

Cute lil guy, does it have a name yet? Or is it still 'boy mitch" pending naming decisions?
AM

swpa19
05-31-2009, 15:40
Congratulations to Mom and Dad. Grandpap will probably have to go out and buy to hats and shirts, due to the swelled chest and expanded head.

Ya done good Pap

Surf n Turf
05-31-2009, 15:45
Congratulations! Grandkids are a blessing, and you can spoil them anytime you want, without suffering any consequence.

SnT

Mitch
05-31-2009, 22:46
To all who have posted a congrats - thank you.

Don't you just love it when the wheel of life just kicks over another notch!

Grandpa Mitch

vsvo
06-01-2009, 10:11
Congratulations!

Cynic
06-01-2009, 10:21
Beautiful! Best wishes to all. :)