PDA

View Full Version : POSE Method

jrgong
05-30-2009, 20:26
Hello,

I was reading this thread (here (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15942&highlight=POSE+method&page=2)) where they mentioned using the POSE method and I was curious as to how people have done with it (if you use it). There was a video that I'm pretty sure I got from this forum with the outline of the technique and I did try it (running in place), it seems you can go way faster with it.

If you're curious, this is the link to the video: POSE Method (http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFitJournal_MikePoseRunningIntro.wmv)

I'm currently recovering from a minor medial tibia stress fracture and cannot test it out for myself and thus, would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Blitzzz (RIP)
05-30-2009, 21:04
Stick with the bliitz. Pose is going to be like anything else just a different name
never reaches the tertiary muscle fiber.

jrgong
05-30-2009, 21:51
Hey Blitzzz,

I've been reading through your material but I can't really exercise that way as of right now. The gym I go to is pretty small and it wouldn't be fair for the other members for me to take up numerous stations while there. I do plan to try your routine, though, most likely when I can arrive in the gym in the early hours where I could access multiple platforms at once.

MeC86
05-31-2009, 11:55
Ive been running using the POSE method for around 2 years now. Used to get real bad shin splints and knee pain, but this technique has completely eliminated it. You can still do whatever workout program you want.....but when you run try the POSE technique.

Just so you know, your calf muscles will be sore for a few weeks when you first start.

Blitzzz (RIP)
05-31-2009, 12:10
prestretch the anteior tibialus with the foot dorfi flexed and press down on toes of that foot (actually more like a isometric contraction). X 3 each foot. Feel the burn in the muscles. that will eliminate shin splints. Blitz the calves and strenghten beyond your wildest dreams.

booker
05-31-2009, 20:41
Try reading about the late Gordon Pirie, his e-book is free (Running Fast and Injury Free) and he explanation of the "Pose" method always made more sense to me. I've been running injury free since I first tried his way of doing things. Pose isn't a new idea, elite level runners have been running that way for a long time. Given that many of them started running without shoes, it mimics the natural locomotive movement associated with shoeless running.

Just my $.02, you get what you paid for it.

chipw
06-02-2009, 14:12
You may want to try running in racing flats or even bare foot on grass or dirt. You will immediately get the feel of what is being marketed as "POSE" method.

Everyone runs with a mid/fore foot strike when barefoot. Most modern running shoes have to much heel lift which forces a heel strike on impact. The force is dissipated by the shoe padding but it is not as good a shock absorber as what God gave us, the elasticity of the tendons in the foot and heel. The old waffle trainer was probably as good as running shoes ever got.

Some shoe companies are rethinking the heavy padding in the heel area. If your looking for a good trail shoe check out inov-8

http://www.inov-8.com/Philosophy.asp?L=26