PDA

View Full Version : Selected!

Leozinho
07-02-2004, 08:32
Just a quick note to say I finished SFAS this week and was selected.

I'm not sure what I'm allowed to say about the class, so I'll keep my mouth shut. There's not much I could add anyway to the information that's already out there on this and other boards.

(One brief item: the Wellco Tuffcushions are allowed, as are the Bates jungle boot, and the new Gore-Tex issue boot. Bring a pair of boots that are too big - they may end up fitting at the end of the class when your feet are swollen. I brought four pair of boots, and even carried two pair in my ruck during one of the events and seemed like a genius when I had dry boots after nights of rain and stream crossings.)

Good luck from SOPC 2,

Leozinho

Kyobanim
07-02-2004, 08:42
Congratulations! Good luck on your quest.

Bill Harsey
07-02-2004, 08:47
Well done Sir! Stay safe.

CPTAUSRET
07-02-2004, 09:02
Congratulations...Good luck.

Terry

D9 (RIP)
07-02-2004, 09:21
Congratulations!!! Thanks for the boots advice!!!

The Reaper
07-02-2004, 09:42
Originally posted by Leozinho
Just a quick note to say I finished SFAS this week and was selected.

I'm not sure what I'm allowed to say about the class, so I'll keep my mouth shut. There's not much I could add anyway to the information that's already out there on this and other boards.

(One brief item: the Wellco Tuffcushions are allowed, as are the Bates jungle boot, and the new Gore-Tex issue boot. Bring a pair of boots that are too big - they may end up fitting at the end of the class when your feet are swollen. I brought four pair of boots, and even carried two pair in my ruck during one of the events and seemed like a genius when I had dry boots after nights of rain and stream crossings.)

Good luck from SOPC 2,

Leozinho

Congratulations!

Spare boots for weight sure beats sandbags.

Did you get boarded, or were you a selectee without that fun?

TR

Roguish Lawyer
07-02-2004, 11:01
Congrats!

stschmidt
07-02-2004, 11:02
Congratulations brother! Great news, good luck on the remainder of your journey. Thanks for the tip on the boots.

Eagle5US
07-02-2004, 11:11
Well Done!!!

Eagle

Jack Moroney (RIP)
07-02-2004, 11:23
Congratulations! If I may offer a little advice. This is the first step in what is going to be a long and challenging road. I have seen folks during their time at SFQC fail because they felt that just because they made it thru SFAS that they had been tested and met the challenge and that everything else was going to be automatic. You are going to be tested in one way or another in every situation with which you will be confronted from the first day of the Q course to the last day of your career. Good luck and drive on...hard.
Jack Moroney

Team Sergeant
07-02-2004, 11:23
Good job. Now the adventure begins.

Team Sergeant

Guy
07-02-2004, 11:29
Congrats...keeping charging forward. It will all be over when your TL/TS says...."Good Job"!

18C4V
07-02-2004, 17:04
Congrats and keep us posted with your progess!!!

NousDefionsDoc
07-02-2004, 17:10
Congratulations

Leozinho
07-03-2004, 13:02
Thanks for the support.

I wasn't boarded, thank goodness. Even though I was "sure" I had done well, still my heart still skipped a beat when it was time for my number to be called if I was to go to the board. Fortunately, my number wasn't called. I think everyone was holding his breath.

Jack Moroney:

Thank you for the advice. I'm trying to avoid underestimating the path I have ahead of me. One class was finishing Phase 2 (the old Phase 1, or SUT) while I was at Camp Mackall, and there's no doubt in my mind that it is tougher than Selection. They looked like they have been put through the wringer. However, I think SOPC 2 will give me a solid foundation in SUT and I'll be prepared.