PDA

View Full Version : Dongles

abnremf
05-18-2009, 15:10
Has anyone besides me had issues with ANB 7? I have yet to find a dongle here in 2/10 that works with it.

HardRoad
05-19-2009, 07:36
The dongles that i2 sends out aren't tied to a particular version, so any ANB dongle should work with either 6 or 7. The one I have works with either 6 or 7.

1) Have you tried the dongles that don't work with 7 with ANB 6 to make sure that they're still working, and the USB ports on the computers aren't screwed?

2) If you have the actual i2 install CD, there's a subdirectory called \dongle on it. There's another subdirectory called \i2 dongle diagnostics under that, with a program called donglediag.exe in it. If you plug your dongle into the computer and run that program, it will give you a "function check" on the dongle, and display the licenses it holds. That might help you with the problem.

3) If the dongles are good, it's possible that the ANB 7 install on the ASK master disk image is corrupt. Try installing to a fresh computer from the CD or the brick that came with the ASK (I think that they still have the install programs on the latest brick?)

4) I don't know if USASFC ever got off the dime and let an ASK maintenance contract - the last I heard, they were going to make it a part of the SOMPE-G support - so I don't know if the ANB stuff is under maintenance. If it is, you can call i2 for support.

5) If all else fails, PM me and I'll shoot you my AKO email and try to help you through getting the program to work.

Moving from 6 to 7 is definitely worth the effort - the multiple undo feature by itself will save hours of time, and the new importer runs rings around the old one.

abnremf
05-19-2009, 13:31
I'll try what you suggested. I got a new CF-52 last month with the upgrade. The USB ports are working so I think the SOMPE-G fielder may have jacked something up. I sent it up through the proper channels last week but haven't gotten word back yet. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.