PDA

View Full Version : Diplomat and Soldier

thecomedian
05-18-2009, 07:00
I underestand that as a Special Forces Soldier, you are both a Diplomat to the natives of whatever country your in but also a soldier who fights when needed. But I was just interested in what is the ratio of diplomacy to warfighting in your daily lives as Special Forces Soldiers? How much of a diplomat are you in your daily lives, how much are you a war fighter in your daily lives?

The Reaper
05-18-2009, 07:04
I think you should do some more reading before starting new threads.

TR

Stras
05-18-2009, 07:49
A Special Forces Soldier is a representative of the United States of America 24/7 when you are in another country. This may be the only interaction between the local populace and the United States. A first impression is a lasting one.

I'll put it in terms a bag boy can understand. You work at Walmart, and are therefore a representative of the company as an employee. You are seen by local people wearing your Walmart uniform on a daily basis. Opinions are formed by perception. If you look like a jack a**, this could be thought that Walmart only hires jack a**es. Being rude to customers turns them away from shopping at your store and hurts your business.

As TR stated, you've got some things to correct. Go hit the books and do some reading.

greenberetTFS
05-18-2009, 15:12
A Special Forces Soldier is a representative of the United States of America 24/7 when you are in another country. This may be the only interaction between the local populace and the United States. A first impression is a lasting one.

I'll put it in terms a bag boy can understand. You work at Walmart, and are therefore a representative of the company as an employee. You are seen by local people wearing your Walmart uniform on a daily basis. Opinions are formed by perception. If you look like a jack a**, this could be thought that Walmart only hires jack a**es. Being rude to customers turns them away from shopping at your store and hurts your business.

As TR stated, you've got some things to correct. Go hit the books and do some reading.

Stras,

Point well taken,hopefully this young man may get the message..........;)

GB TFS :munchin