PDA

View Full Version : Harsey PS.com Knife Prototype

The Reaper
05-16-2009, 17:10
After many months and much effort, I have finally extorted...I mean, convinced young Billy Junior to let me have the original prototype for the PS.com Knife.

This was the original design for the knife, and I hope it does not offend anyone to say that I really like it.

The holes in the handle are true to the Yarborough Knife design, and should make it easier to wrap the handle, should one desire to.

It is slightly longer in both grip and blade than the production knife.

The knife is hand sharpened by Bill, which means it is hair popping sharp, and will hurt you if it gets out of control.

Bill also made the sheath with his new sewing machine. I think he shows some skill in the area of leathermaking.

Thoughts, gentlemen?

TR

Team Sergeant
05-16-2009, 18:14
Thoughts, gentlemen?

TR

Yup, I think its time to design another knife for us (Special Forces)...... maybe a folder..... ;)

TS

P.S. Nice leather work Mr Harsey!

mcarey
05-16-2009, 19:31
Reaper you own another great one! Bill's balance in design / function are evident, as always. :D

f50lrrp
05-16-2009, 19:58
I love the prototype knife. It makes me envious of you. I also enjoyed seeing your H&K P2000 in .40 caliber. I had an K&K in 9mm, myself.

The Reaper
05-16-2009, 20:13
A few more pics comparing the prototype with the production knife, and one final shot that I really liked of the prototype.

TR

abc_123
05-16-2009, 21:22
A few more pics comparing the prototype with the production knife, and one final shot that I really liked of the prototype.

TR

Like the prototype better. Didn't purchase the production and I'm not a knife snob. Just "looks" better to me.

Don't shoot me everybody. Just my off the cuff opinion based upon pictures onthe internet.

cornelyj
05-16-2009, 23:17
I think they really are both great looking knives, I really like the finish of the prototype but not too practical if you need to stay hidden, Obviously not as easy with a shinny knife....

I just wish mine had a nice etched logo and was signed by the man responsible....

Again nice gun and nice knife...

Fiercely Loyal
05-17-2009, 00:27
Personally I like the production knife. I think I am part of the Black gun generation so that may explain it.

Go Devil
05-17-2009, 06:06
Reaper,
Be careful, the reflective qualities on that new blade could share your image with the world.:)

Very nice.

The Reaper
05-17-2009, 10:05
Glad that you gents like the PS.com production version.

If you do not like the shine of the raw prototype, I am sure that Mr. Harsey could save the time spent polishing the S30V and coat the blade with whatever color coating you would like.

TR

NousDefionsDoc
05-17-2009, 10:13
I hope you won't take this the wrong way Boss, but you suck....;)

Peregrino
05-17-2009, 12:19
Like the prototype better. Didn't purchase the production and I'm not a knife snob. Just "looks" better to me.

Don't shoot me everybody. Just my off the cuff opinion based upon pictures onthe internet.

No desire to shoot you - I agree. I had the chance to fondle it (:p) and I'm impressed. TR's comment about "hair popping sharp" doesn't do it justice. The polish has to be seen to be believed. It's particularly impressive if you've been following the S30V discussions. They are two different knives; close enough to be brothers, maybe even fraternal twins, but definately different. It's the translation from prototype to production. I'm sure "CR" had "good and sufficient" reasons for the tweaks but the prototype has more of a "BH" feel to it. Hard to explain to those of you who haven't had the privilege of meeting Mr. H. Something everybody's overlooking is the sheath. It is as outstanding as the knife, in its own right.

Roguish Lawyer
05-17-2009, 19:40

I had the same reaction, LOL.

Claemore
05-17-2009, 20:54
I really like that prototype. It is my favorite of the two. I like the handle better, and I like that it is a touch bigger. Thanks for sharing.

Sentinel
05-18-2009, 05:46
After many months and much effort, I have finally extorted...I mean, convinced young Billy Junior to let me have the original prototype for the PS.com Knife.

Thoughts, gentlemen?

TR

Nice score!

vsvo
05-18-2009, 10:57
Beautiful work, Mr. Harsey. Congrats, TR. Nice knife and nice pics, sir.

PiterM
05-21-2009, 17:03
That my friend is GREAT score!!! :eek:

Bill, I hope that you bring something with my name on it to Atlanta next week... :D

Bill Harsey
05-21-2009, 20:02

Bill, I hope that you bring something with my name on it to Atlanta next week... :D

Your work just came out of the liquid nitrogen and is going into the temper in about 5 minutes.

Ambush Master
05-21-2009, 21:22

Your work just came out of the liquid nitrogen and is going into the temper in about 5 minutes.

Piter,

Be sure and ask Sir William about where his Finger Prints are ETCHED into it!!!:D:munchin

Later
Martin

PiterM
05-22-2009, 11:34
next week... can't wait guys :)

x SF med
05-27-2009, 18:55

This was the original design for the knife, and I hope it does not offend anyone to say that I really like it.

The holes in the handle are true to the Yarborough Knife design, and should make it easier to wrap the handle, should one desire to.

It is slightly longer in both grip and blade than the production knife.

The knife is hand sharpened by Bill, which means it is hair popping sharp, and will hurt you if it gets out of control.

Bill also made the sheath with his new sewing machine. I think he shows some skill in the area of leathermaking.

Thoughts, gentlemen?

TR

I agree with my LARGE Brother Medic, with all due respect, Sir, I hate you and you suck... I have been bribing Harsey for 3 years now, and all I can get him to do is make me work in his yard, buy him beer, and occasionally (with enough bribe beer) sign one of my knives of his design... Well, there was this one event involving shotguns, a preacher/1SG/biker, a knife maker, a machinist/ gunsmith, a librarian and a Crow elder that I'll be paying for, for the rest of my life, but that's a really different story, better told over a large vat of the clear liquid we shared at SHOT...

TommyGun
05-28-2009, 10:56
I like the style and the width of the piece...I really like the holes in the handle, wether wrapped or left clean it looks great...