PDA

View Full Version : Ride For The Wall

armymom1228
05-14-2009, 12:36
Started yesterday at Rancho Cucamunga, CA.
http://www.rftw.org/

Southern Route
Should have hit Phoenix yesterday and heading for Las Cruces today.

Northern Route
Williams yesterday and Gallup NM today.. and so on..

The trip takes ten days to reach the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, where our Run officially ends on Sunday evening before Memorial Day. Additionally, we have things scheduled for the weekend, ending with participation in the Rolling Thunder Parade in Washington, D.C., on Sunday. It is quite a sight to behold, 350,000 plus motorcycles all starting from the Pentagon parking lots, parading through downtown Washington, and ending at the Wall

Last yr I was able to be there on Constitution Ave for the 3 hours it took for ALL the Bikes to go past.. I have some great photos.. I missed the hysterical one I tried for... skid lid with a green beret duct taped to the top. I think someone was making a statement.. below are a few photos from last yr.
Several groups in Uni

As far as the eye can see... bikes...
A few more photos from last yr's event.
The last photo... a name... I wear this MIA bracelet and have since 1970.

Utah Bob
05-14-2009, 18:53
I passed them on I-40 just outside of Williams coming back from Laughlin and gave em a thumbs up. I hope they saw my SF and 1st Cav decals on the truck.

greenberetTFS
05-15-2009, 04:28
Good post AM, The pics were excellent....................:D

GB TFS :munchin

armymom1228
05-15-2009, 08:35
Good post AM, The pics were excellent....................:D

GB TFS :munchin

thank you... those were from last yr, 2008. I missed the 'parade' in 2007 since I was detained and force to bed pan duty. I got there on monday.
I don't have access to all the photos I took. Dummy me forgot to make a CD and so.......they are on the laptop that went swimming in a major water mmm, well the water pressure burst a hose and the inside of the boat went from dry to 6 inches above the cabin sole in less than 10 minutes.
So here are the photos posted on another board I stole back..

I will be IN DC (hel I work there/live nearby) Sat and Sun of Memorial Day.
I will be taking photos..

armymom1228
05-15-2009, 08:54
A few more from 2008

In order

Washington DC Memorial to those who fought in WWI. Its locatioin is south side of the reflecting pool closer to the WWII Memorial.

The back of the trailer says it all.

pow/mia flag

yep, heeza marine... must have taken ages to get that done. He pulled his shirt off so his wife could get a photo. Then ended up standing there for a half hour while we all took photos.

The last photo in the lineup. The feet belong to 'doc'. He wanted people to notice this small plaque. It is to the side of the Statue that stands near The Wall. He told me that he comes down every major holiday to put his 'sticks' as he called them around the plaque. The only photo of him I Have, has me in it .. and I won't post it here.. nice, nice man though..

SF_BHT
05-15-2009, 08:56
Nice Photos.... Thanks for posting them...