PDA

View Full Version : Heading to 5th in a few months

petekalo
05-11-2009, 19:07
First off, thanks for the help and advice in advance. I'm currently a few months away from completing the Q and then it's off to 5th. Some of my buddies and I are hoping that the community can help with a few questions. Some of us are hoping for a specific team "type." Is there any way to increase our chances in going to a particular team type? Also, should we be contacting the Group 1 shop or somebody else to begin opening up commo with them? If so, does anyone have a number we may be able to use? Thanks and I'm looking forward to the response.

SF_BHT
05-11-2009, 20:00
First off, thanks for the help and advice in advance. I'm currently a few months away from completing the Q and then it's off to 5th. Some of my buddies and I are hoping that the community can help with a few questions. Some of us are hoping for a specific team "type." Is there any way to increase our chances in going to a particular team type? Also, should we be contacting the Group 1 shop or somebody else to begin opening up commo with them? If so, does anyone have a number we may be able to use? Thanks and I'm looking forward to the response.

1st Focus on school because you are just one of the many fish in the pool.

2nd edited

Just focus on Graduating and then they will find you your first job in Group.

The Reaper
05-11-2009, 20:06
1st Focus on school because you are just one of the many fish in the pool.

2nd The CSM's are the ones that will determine where you go. It goes like this GP CSM gets the list and meets with the BN CSM and they will divvy up the new meat. From there they will do it again on a BN CSM and SGM level,

Just focus on Graduating and then they will find you your first job in Group.

Negative, the CSMs do not assign the 18As, the battalion commander does.

I do not think you will pick your team (probably looking for MFF, like everyone else). You will be assigned where the unit needs you.

Are you telling me that you, an 18A student, are headed to 5th Group, and yet cannot find the number to the 5th Group S-1 shop?

Well, the staff needs bodies too.

TR

SF_BHT
05-11-2009, 20:14
Sorry I did not see your profile that you were a 18A...
TR is correct.

PRB
05-20-2009, 12:31
All you need to worry about is completing the course successfully and being ready to deploy.
Don't worry about a team type..if the GP Cmdr/Bn Cmdr asks your opinion just say "wherever you need me Sir".
If they ask when your familiy situation etc allows you to deploy "Today Sir".
You start establishing your reputation on day one.

180A
06-09-2009, 18:16
Make sure you learn about UW. Read the UW manual, that way you will have a little more knowledge when you show up to your new team.