PDA

View Full Version : Unique Situation - SF Support Spouse

randohsix
05-08-2009, 13:00
I am fully aware that i have a lot ahead of me and I know I have not even started on my path towards a Green Beret. I have great plans and I am extremely determined person. Anyway, heres my situation(completely hypothetically speaking):

So my dream plan is to get into 7th group, say I were to make that happen in the future. My wife is joining the army as a 35F Intel Analyst in September of this year. My outsider understanding is that the SF groups are very supportive of SF soldiers' families, and I've googled the hell out of it but I can not really find anything so I'm just asking for a little insight. If she were to complete her AIT and go to airborne school; is it a realistic possibility that she could be attached to my(or one near my) SF unit with her MOS?

The Reaper
05-08-2009, 13:34
I am fully aware that i have a lot ahead of me and I know I have not even started on my path towards a Green Beret. I have great plans and I am extremely determined person. Anyway, heres my situation(completely hypothetically speaking):

So my dream plan is to get into 7th group, say I were to make that happen in the future. My wife is joining the army as a 35F Intel Analyst in September of this year. My outsider understanding is that the SF groups are very supportive of SF soldiers' families, and I've googled the hell out of it but I can not really find anything so I'm just asking for a little insight. If she were to complete her AIT and go to airborne school; is it a realistic possibility that she could be attached to my(or one near my) SF unit with her MOS?

Believe it or not, in the five years this board has been in existence, you are not the first to ask if a spouse could be assigned to the same unit.

The Search button is an excellent way to find the answers to SF questions here.

In fact, if people do not stop registering and immediately starting to ask questions or for help before searching, we may have to put a month long no posting period on new members to ensure that they have had the opportunity to search before asking redundant questions.

TR