PDA

View Full Version : New commander for 7th Special Forces

zzyzx
05-08-2009, 07:46
The Associated Press
Posted : Friday May 8, 2009 8:25:13 EDT

FORT BRAGG, N.C. — The former chief of staff of the Army Special Forces Command is taking over the 7th Special Forces Group.

Col. James E. Kraft will take command of the Bragg-based unit from Col. Sean P. Mulholland on Friday. The ceremony will take place on Meadows Parade Field next to U.S. Army Special Operations Command headquarters.

Kraft is a native of Baltimore and served three previous tours with the group, including commander of its 3rd Battalion.

The 7th Special Forces Group is trained to deploy to Latin America, but in recent years it has also deployed to Afghanistan.

The Reaper
05-08-2009, 09:36
Just left the ceremony, it was great and the opportunity to renew old friendships was priceless.

Congrats to COL Mulholland and welcome back to COL Kraft.

Well done, gents.

TR

Basenshukai
05-28-2009, 13:09
I have worked for COL James Kraft and was in his command when 3/7 SFG went into Afghanistan during the 2006 rotation (the "Taliban Surge", as the media called the situation on the ground at the time). COL Kraft proved to be a true leader under fire. He trusted the SFODAs and gave us plenty of room to operate. He once told me that "a commander should allow his forces to be just a bit beyond his finger tips - not completely gone from his reach - but enough that they have operational freedom within what he wants them to accomplish." It was great to work for him and I'm very happy that he is back in 7th GRP.