PDA

View Full Version : National prayer day...................


greenberetTFS
05-07-2009, 07:40
Today is National prayer day and I think we should reflect on our Service men and woman not only in A-Stan and Iraq but though out the world. :) They are serving proudly and deserve not only our support but our most sincere thoughts and prayers. God bless each and everyone of them,in Jesus name, Amen..............:)

GB TFS

KClapp
05-07-2009, 08:01
God bless each and everyone of them,in Jesus name, Amen...


Amen!

TrapLine
05-07-2009, 08:47
They are serving proudly and deserve not only our support but our most sincere thoughts and prayers. God bless each and everyone of them,in Jesus name, Amen..............:)

GB TFS


Amen. I will take some extra time today to pray for them. God bless all those who serve or have served the cause of freedom.

TrapLine

swpa19
05-07-2009, 09:52
A Soldier Reports to God


The Soldier stood and faced his God
Which must always come to pass
He hoped his shoes were shining
Just as brightly as his brass.

Step forward now, you soldier,
How shall I deal with you?
Have you always turned the other cheek?
To My Church have you been true?

The soldier squared his shoulders
and said, No Lord, I guess I ain't
Because those of us who carry guns
Can't always be a saint.

I've had to work most Sundays,
And at times my talk was tough.
And sometimes I've been violent,
Because the world is awfully rough.

But I never took a penny
That wasn't mine to keep...
Though I worked a lot of overtime
When the bills just got too steep.

And I never passed a cry for help,
Though at times I shook with fear,
And sometimes, God forgive me,
I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place
Among the people here.
They never wanted me around
Except to calm their fears.

If you've a place for me here, Lord,
It needn't be so grand,
I've never had that much in life,
So if you don't I'll understand.

There was a silence all around the throne
Where the saints had often trod
As the soldier waited quietly,
For the judgment of his God.

Step forward now you soldier
You've borne your burdens well,
Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,
You've done your time in Hell.

To All That Serve

Puertoland
05-07-2009, 10:05
I enjoyed that swpa, thank you for sharing.

Well for me, every day is prayer day, and I always pray for those serving and for our country's future, but I guess I'll set a special moment to the side and pray a little harder.

God bless the USA, and those that protect her.

Gypsy
05-07-2009, 17:46
God bless the USA, and those that protect her.


And their families. Amen.

Thank you GB TFS. :)

Red Flag 1
05-07-2009, 17:48
Today is National prayer day and I think we should reflect on our Service men and woman not only in A-Stan and Iraq but though out the world. :) They are serving proudly and deserve not only our support but our most sincere thoughts and prayers. God bless each and everyone of them,in Jesus name, Amen..............:)

GB TFS

Could not agree more!

RF 1

Silver_Panther
05-07-2009, 20:34
In Jesus name Amen!