PDA

View Full Version : Samuel L. Braunstein, NOT a member of Special Forces

Team Sergeant
04-30-2009, 09:46
A heart warming story, if it were true.....Samuel Braunstein was contacted by the SFA, I contacted the news paper editor, so this is what they did....... check the dates of the story....

Samuel L. Braunstein never served as a CPT in the US Army Special Forces.

Team Sergeant

Trumbull girl marches into spotlight
By Susan Silvers
STAFF WRITER
Updated: 04/29/2009 07:11:40 PM EDT

But this year, Kate gets to be right up front.

As winner of the Trumbull Memorial Day Parade Theme Contest, she gets to march right alongside grand marshal Samuel Braunstein, a lawyer and local resident who was a captain in the U.S. Army Special Forces, otherwise known as the Green Berets.
Kate's winning submission was "The Lives of Our Heroes: We Shall Never Forget." That theme will play out when the procession begins at 2 p.m. May 25 from Long Hill Green and concludes with a memorial service at the Town Hall green.

The annual parade is a town tradition. By including the Trumbull High School Band, it shares something with President Obama's inaugural parade, but is a lot more homespun, featuring not just scouts but school groups and civic organizations.

First Selectman Raymond G. Baldwin Jr. said the parade committee chose Kate's theme from among about 40 suggested by local elementary school students.

"It's only the second year we've asked kids to develop the theme," he said.

Kate said she didn't even know about the contest until her math teacher at Frenchtown School mentioned it last month. "She told us what memorializing means -- like remembering," the youngster said. The teacher had to go to a meeting, and told the students they could work on ideas.

"Everybody was writing down, 'Our veterans will always be remembered,' " Kate said. "I decided to do the opposite of that," she said of the way she turned around their thoughts.

She sees Memorial Day as being about more than those who have served in the military. "I wanted to think of every type of person who helped us," she said, mentioning doctors, firefighters and police.

"I think that it should be about all the people who help us -- who have died for the rights of our country and people who are still fighting out there for the rights of our country," she said.

http://www.connpost.com/ci_12245327

Trumbull girl marches into spotlight
By Susan Silvers
STAFF WRITER
Updated: 04/30/2009 12:09:04 AM EDT
TRUMBULL -- Although 9-year-old Katelynn Romanchick has never served in the armed forces, she is still a veteran of sorts. After all, she has marched with fellow Brownies in the town's Memorial Day parade for several years now.

This year, Kate gets to be right up front.

As winner of the Trumbull Memorial Day Parade Theme Contest, she gets to march right alongside grand marshal Samuel Braunstein, a lawyer and local resident who was a captain in the U.S. Army Special Forces.Kate's winning submission was "The Lives of Our Heroes: We Shall Never Forget." That theme will play out when the procession begins at 2 p.m. May 25 from Long Hill Green and concludes with a memorial service at the Town Hall green.

The annual parade is a town tradition. By including the Trumbull High School Band, it shares something with President Obama's inaugural parade, but is a lot more homespun, featuring not just scouts but school groups and civic organizations.

First Selectman Raymond G. Baldwin Jr. said the parade committee chose Kate's theme from among about 40 suggested by local elementary school students.

"It's only the second year we've asked kids to develop the theme," he said.

Kate said she didn't know about the contest until her teacher at Frenchtown School mentioned it last month. "She told us what memorializing means -- like remembering," the youngster said. The teacher had to go to a meeting, and told the students they could work on ideas.

"Everybody was writing down, 'Our veterans will always be remembered,' " Kate said. "I decided to do the opposite of that," she said of the way she turned around their thoughts.

She sees Memorial Day as being about more than those who have served in the military. "I wanted to think of every type of person who helped us," she said, mentioning doctors, firefighters and police.

"I think that it should be about all the people who help us -- who have died for the rights of our country and people who are still fighting out there for the rights of our country," she said.

http://www.connpost.com/ci_12257301?source=rv&IADID=Search-www.connpost.com-www.connpost.com

Richard
04-30-2009, 10:20
He also claims an MBA from a non-accredited on-line diploma mill:

American Century University
2201 San Pedro NE
Building 3, Suite 220
Albuquerque, NM 87110

And he's an attorney. ;)

Anybody contact him or the newspaper to mention the Stolen Valor Act? :confused:

Richard's $.02 :munchin

Remington Raidr
04-30-2009, 10:24
Martindale-Hubble bio just says USA Cpt. 64-68. Maybe the reporter got it wrong.

Team Sergeant
04-30-2009, 10:26
He also claims an MBA from a non-accredited on-line diploma mill:

American Century University
2201 San Pedro NE
Building 3, Suite 220
Albuquerque, NM 87110

And he's an attorney.

Anybody contact him or the newspaper to mention the Stolen Valor Act? :confused:

Richard's $.02 :munchin

I sent the newspaper editor an email, they changed the story, but it still states that Samuel Braunstein served as a CPT in the US Army Special Forces, which is completely untrue. The Stolen Valor Act would only apply if he took a picture wearing a Green Beret or other unearned medals/awards.

He can go right on telling people he was a Green Beret CPT, right up to when he's caught by real Green Beret wearing men....:D Then life begins to suck.;)

Remington Raidr
04-30-2009, 10:36
Susan Silvers is not listed as a staff writer on the website, and they had a toll-free number, so I called to inquire. Operator transfered me to the voicemail of "David Oxford". I did not leave a message. Perhaps "Susan Silver" is a nom de bullshit.:munchin

Team Sergeant
04-30-2009, 10:50
Martindale-Hubble bio just says USA Cpt. 64-68. Maybe the reporter got it wrong.

And the reason I sent the newspaper editor an email.

But how the hell would the "reporter" know that Sam was not an F-16 pilot, Navy SEAL or "Green Beret" unless Sam told them???:rolleyes:

Team Sergeant
05-05-2009, 14:02
I've been informed that Mr. Braunstein is going to withdraw as the Grand Marshall and place some sort of retraction in the newspaper. We will be standing by for that retraction.

Samuel Braunstein we earned the Special Forces reputation and paid for it in blood.
Now that we busted your Special Forces claims I'll be sending for your Army records to see if you really did serve in Vietnam.

We don't take kindly to those riding our coat-tails.

Depending on the your "retraction" and an apology to Special Forces and veterans in general this thread is going to end up in the "Hall of Shame".

Team Sergeant

Utah Bob
05-06-2009, 21:15
Excellent. Can't wait to see his apology.

Smokin Joe
05-06-2009, 22:44
How about a Bar complaint?

-Just a thought. :cool:

Team Sergeant
05-08-2009, 09:03
No retraction in the local newspaper, now it's time to turn up the heat on Samuel Braunstein.

Samuel Braunstein we know you've been contacted by the Special Forces Association, we know you responded to the SFA.
The newspaper is still stating you were a Cpt in the US Army Special Forces, we know that's not true.

You were given ample time to correct the newspaper article, now it's our turn. Samuel Braunstein, you now have earned a spot in our "Hall of Shame".
You are now going to find out what happens when you irritate "real" Special Forces soldiers.

Team Sergeant

Team Sergeant
05-08-2009, 09:37
How about a Bar complaint?

-Just a thought. :cool:

Those of you that wish to make a bar complaint go for it....;)

Those that want to inform the POWNETWORK heres the URL:

"How To report a Phony" (http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies96.htm)

Team Sergeant
05-08-2009, 18:20
It seems Samuel Braunstein had the newspaper "remove" both of the news articles concerning his Green Beret claims, that speaks volumes.

I don't think a real US Army Special Forces-Green Beret-Vietnam-Vet-CPT would worry much about such a trivial news article, unless its not true and your ability to practice "law" could be jeopardized.

A newspaper with no spine.... You don't make retractions you delete the whole article.

Pure genius Susan Silvers, brilliant move Mr. Editor of the connpost.com

Time to send complaints to the Conn Bar Association.

Team Sergeant

abc_123
05-08-2009, 19:38
It seems Samuel Braunstein had the newspaper "remove" both of the news articles concerning his Green Beret claims, that speaks volumes.

I don't think a real US Army Special Forces-Green Beret-Vietnam-Vet-CPT would worry much about such a trivial news article, unless its not true and your ability to practice "law" could be jeopardized.

A newspaper with no spine.... You don't make retractions you delete the whole article.

Pure genius Susan Silvers, brilliant move Mr. Editor of the connpost.com

Time to send complaints to the Conn Bar Association.

Team Sergeant

How in the eff you you "remove" an article?? If an article had bullshit facts its either a function of shitty reporting a willful deception on the part of the subject of the story or both. In any case jounalistic ethics demands followup article, a retraction or whatever... Yes, Ethics... a concept so very foreign to many in our society.

Complaints are due to the connpost as well. They have any competing newspapers that they are going head to head with??

Team Sergeant
05-13-2009, 14:44
How in the eff you you "remove" an article?? If an article had bullshit facts its either a function of shitty reporting a willful deception on the part of the subject of the story or both. In any case jounalistic ethics demands followup article, a retraction or whatever... Yes, Ethics... a concept so very foreign to many in our society.

Complaints are due to the connpost as well. They have any competing newspapers that they are going head to head with??

This is going to get good, his military records have been sent for and I've been informed by someone that knows him that Samuel Braunstein stated he "earned" the Silver Star in Vietnam. (Yes, I have that in writing....)

Once we have his military records the shit will hit the fan.;)

Team Sergeant

alright4u
05-13-2009, 15:10
These clowns are playing with the wrong crowd.

greenberetTFS
05-14-2009, 12:48
Why do these guys,who in some cases have a decent military career,have to embellish themselves with Heroic medals they did not earn and be wannabes like SF,Seals etc? :rolleyes: WHY? :mad:

GB TFS :munchin

timeshadow (RIP)
05-23-2009, 17:48
http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=CTPB&p_theme=ctpb&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&s_dispstring=allfields(Samuel%20Braunstein)%20AND% 20date()&p_field_advanced-0=&p_text_advanced-0=(%22Samuel%20Braunstein%22)&xcal_numdocs=20&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&xcal_useweights=no

Avvo lists him as being "cited for professional misconduct":

http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/06824-ct-samuel-braunstein-1450614.html

timeshadow (RIP)
05-23-2009, 17:56
I've got some pretty cool search tools (budding hacker that I am), and there's some more stuff if you want or need it.

Being unemployed and destitute sure helps build IT skills! Maybe I can apply for a visa to India some day........

Team Sergeant
05-24-2009, 09:47
I've got some pretty cool search tools (budding hacker that I am), and there's some more stuff if you want or need it.

Being unemployed and destitute sure helps build IT skills! Maybe I can apply for a visa to India some day........

We've sent for his military records, when we receive them and if they are what we think, then we will unleash "hell".;)

Team Sergeant

Team Sergeant
09-26-2009, 09:15
Samuel L. Braunstein

We now have your official military records.

We now know for a fact you did not serve as a "Special Forces" Captain in Vietnam.

You served 10 months in Vietnam as a "medical" officer.

So much for Susan Silvers (the reporter) correcting your "story".
Author: Susan Silvers STAFF WRITER
Date: April 29, 2009
Publication: Connecticut Post (Bridgeport, CT)
Article ID: 12257301

I'll be sending your "official" military documents to the POWNETWORK.org for posting on their "Special Forces Phony" page.

You earned it buddy.

Team Sergeant

Utah Bob
09-26-2009, 18:20
Why do these guys,who in some cases have a decent military career,have to embellish themselves with Heroic medals they did not earn and be wannabes like SF,Seals etc? :rolleyes: WHY? :mad:

GB TFS :munchin

If we knew why maybe we could develop a vaccine.:mad:

greenberetTFS
09-27-2009, 11:33

Excellent,UB ......................;)

Big Teddy :munchin

Hatchetforce
09-29-2009, 13:04

There is a vaccine and it is best injected with a fully extended and locked entrenching tool.

Calrngr
09-29-2009, 20:33
There is a vaccine and it is best injected with a fully extended and locked entrenching tool.

LMFAO. I agree.