PDA

View Full Version : E-7s going to selection

25Series
04-28-2009, 12:40
Considering the fast advancement and high op-tempo of some Soldiers, is there any change in the regulation on E-7's attending selection being discussed?

The reg says:

"Each Sergeant First Class (SFC) must have no more than 12 years time in service and nine months time in grade when applying for SFAS and must be either airborne or ranger qualified. SFCs must also be able to PCS to the SFQC within six months of selection from SFAS."

Maybe a waiver available?

Team Sergeant
04-28-2009, 13:07
Considering the fast advancement and high op-tempo of some Soldiers, is there any change in the regulation on E-7's attending selection being discussed?

The reg says:

"Each Sergeant First Class (SFC) must have no more than 12 years time in service and nine months time in grade when applying for SFAS and must be either airborne or ranger qualified. SFCs must also be able to PCS to the SFQC within six months of selection from SFAS."

Maybe a waiver available?

There's a very good reason for that REG. We don't want a SFC to graduate the Q-Course and then take over an A-Team.

It ain't likely you'll ever see that part of the Reg change or get a waiver.

TS

25Series
04-28-2009, 14:08
There's a very good reason for that REG. We don't want a SFC to graduate the Q-Course and then take over an A-Team.

It ain't likely you'll ever see that part of the Reg change or get a waiver.

TS

Roger, I figured it was something along those lines...

I guess I know what that "don't consider me for E7" button was for now...:rolleyes:

Thanks for the insight.

wet dog
04-28-2009, 15:22
I can only think of two E7's who I remember quite well during my experience. One came from 1st Ranger Bat., the from the 25th Infantry. Bother Ranger qualified, both Abn., both had Platoon SGT time, both very good NCO's. Both graduated.

Both knew that they were NOT going to be the Sr., Medic, Sr. Commo respectively, not until they had some team time. Besides, no one just becomes a Tm SGT, you still have ANCOC/O&I, and one must work as a 18F for awhile before they are considered Tm SGT material. But like everything, never say never, stranger things have happened.

Blitzzz (RIP)
04-28-2009, 19:21
On my last team I had two ranger E-7s and one ranger senior E-6. My soal emphysis on that team was to train them to be team sgts as opposed to having good senior SF weapons and Intell guys. They did good in the end. Blitzzz

wet dog
04-28-2009, 20:25
On my last team I had two ranger E-7s and one ranger senior E-6. My soal emphysis on that team was to train them to be team sgts as opposed to having good senior SF weapons and Intell guys. They did good in the end. Blitzzz

Blitzzz, your hitting the "A" zone on that one, right on target!

This younger crowd, "zoomies", as some QPs call them, get perplexed by the idea that once in, one can simply rise to the occasion. I liked the guys who took fellow team member advancement very serious. My Tm SGT, took my career as seriously as his own. It was reflected by his personal actions of proving to himself and others each time we went to the range, made commo and assisted the medics in the clinic.

One is always being assessed, either by superiors or peers.