PDA

View Full Version : Special Forces Support

JForms
04-27-2009, 07:12
I am just recently under contract, 35F Intel Analyst with an Airborne option.
What are the steps to becoming a member of a Speical Forces Support company?
What schools will a potential recruit go through?
And any other insight would be awesome.

-J

Pete
04-27-2009, 08:51
...What are the steps to becoming a member of a Speical Forces Support company?....What schools will a potential recruit go through?....

Get assigned

Your MOS schooling

Once your get there you will be expected to do the job you were assigned.

JForms
04-27-2009, 09:18
Get assigned

Your MOS schooling

Once your get there you will be expected to do the job you were assigned.

Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible to go through the same schooling an 18 series goes through?

And when deployed, is it possible to go outside the wire?

-J

The Reaper
04-27-2009, 09:30
Thanks for the reply.

-J

You know, that is a pretty stupid question.

If you want to be an SF soldier, you should know the process to do so.

There is no reason to send a support troop to the SFQC. Are you joining to do a job in your MOS, or to chase school slots?

Your need to go outside the wire will depend on your position and the needs of the unit. If you are on a SOT-A, you will probably get a lot of time outside the wire. If you are a TOC rat, probably not.

You need to fill in your profile before posting further. I thought you were an 18X?

TR

koz
04-27-2009, 10:05
Thanks for the reply.

-J

Absolutely it's possible - First complete what you've signed up for. Spend time doing your job there. Get the right mind set and PT your ass off. Put your packet in for SFAS. Go to SFAS. Complete SFAS and get selected. You'll then be assigned a MOS to go to the Q-course. Go to the Q-course. Complete the Q. Go to a team. Spend time learning your new MOS as a junior. Get promoted to E-7. Become the senior in your MOS. If you're a good asset to the team, you may have a chance to become an 18F which is the intel sgt on the team. Then you get to go to the same schooling.

Every team respects and appreciates what the support (psyop, CA, intel, supply, etc...) bring to the table, BUT don't confuse that with being part of SF. You're not.
I may be wrong but from your posts it sounds like you want to be "one of the guys" but not do the work it takes.

PinelandVet66
05-01-2009, 09:25
If you make it to a support company as a RA soldier consider yourself lucky because you will most likely not have to put up with as much BS as your RA comrades in conventional units. You will probably get all the cool guy pouches and gear you want but don't let it spoil you. Remember, don't ask for a case of beer from one of us every time we need a favor or you need to do your job. Just my .02

wet dog
05-04-2009, 01:29
Start thinking like an Intel Analyst, find the "search" button.