06-29-2004, 10:39
Jump No. 1
Date: 6/27/04
Aircraft: Cessna 206
Equipment: SET 400
Exit Altitude: 9500
Surface wind: 1-3
Delay: 30

I had the opportunity to go skydiving this weekend, and while I'm sure that tandem freefall won't be the same as the static line jumps when I get to airborn school, it was entirely worth going. I'll try and post pictures when I get them on the computer. It was also my first time in an airplane, so sometime I'll have to try landing in one as well. :D

The Reaper
06-29-2004, 11:03
Originally posted by mcd72085
Jump No. 1
Date: 6/27/04
Aircraft: Cessna 206
Equipment: SET 400
Exit Altitude: 9500
Surface wind: 1-3
Delay: 30

I had the opportunity to go skydiving this weekend, and while I'm sure that tandem freefall won't be the same as the static line jumps when I get to airborn school, it was entirely worth going. I'll try and post pictures when I get them on the computer. It was also my first time in an airplane, so sometime I'll have to try landing in one as well. :D

Congratulations.

You are also correct. What you have just done is absolutely nothing like standing in darkest night, with your toes on the ramp of a C-17, five miles above a very hostile part of the Earth, sucking oxygen through masks with 11 other guys, each loaded with 150 pounds of explosives, weapons, and sundry other dangerous items, waiting to hurl yourself into the void and go meet the bear on his turf.

Good luck with your skydives.

TR

NousDefionsDoc
06-29-2004, 11:43
Congratulations. Glad you liked it.

Radar Rider
06-30-2004, 01:38
I've never skydived, so I don't know how great that is. As for static line jumps, they are well worth the time and effort. Yeah, there are shitty jumps and great jumps, but even the shitty ones are good (as long as you can walk away from it!).