PDA

View Full Version : Pentagon official blames U.S. for al-Qaida attacks

jw74
04-21-2009, 11:46
Berets may be the least of a soldier's problems if this article is accurate:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=95630

She believes al-Qaida was an "obscure group" turned into a massive threat due to U.S. policies.

She's referred to former President Bush as "our torturer in chief" and a "psychotic who need(s) treatment" while comparing Bush's arguments for waging a war on terrorism to Adolf Hitler's use of political propaganda.

She's worked on behalf of George Soros' philanthropic foundation.

Meet Rosa Brooks, the Obama administration's new adviser to Michelle Fluornoy, the undersecretary of defense for policy, a position described as one of the most influential in the Pentagon.

"I prefer to think of (my new position) as my personal government bailout," Brooks wrote in a departing piece at the Los Angeles Times, where she served as a regular columnist.
Brooks' new boss earlier this month briefed Congress on U.S. policy in Pakistan and Afghanistan, two countries for which she has enormous power concerning drafting future military doctrine.

"Brooks will wield an extraordinary degree of influence in helping shape U.S. policy. Her extreme views should therefore be closely scrutinized," wrote Nile Gardiner, a contributor to the London Telegraph's online blog.

Indeed, Brook's recent L.A. Times columns evidence views some may find concerning.

Get "Shut Up, America! How to fight the end of free speech"

In 2007, she labeled al-Qaida as "little more than an obscure group of extremist thugs, well financed and intermittently lethal but relatively limited in their global and regional political pull. On 9/11, they got lucky. … Thanks to U.S. policies, al-Qaida has become the vast global threat the administration imagined it to be in 2001."

Also that year, she called the surge in Iraq a "feckless plan" that is "too little too late" with "no realistic likelihood that it will lead to an enduring solution in Iraq." The surge was widely credited with helping to stabilize Iraq.

Brooks wrote Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney "should be treated like psychotics who need treatment. … Impeachment's not the solution to psychosis, no matter how flagrant."

She also penned a column about Bush entitled "Our torturer-in-chief" in which she inferred attacks against the U.S. were a result of torture policies.

"Today, the chickens are coming home to roost," she fumed, but "the word 'accountability' isn't in the White House dictionary."

In another column she referred to the regimes of Iran and North Korea as "foreign authoritarians," while calling the Bush administration a "homegrown" authoritarian regime.

In a column last month, Brooks claimed the Bush administration's Office of Legal Counsel arguments for prosecuting the war on terrorism were similar to tactics used by Hitler.

According to Brooks: "How did such dangerously bad legal memos ever get taken seriously in the first place? One answer is suggested by the so-called Big Lie theory of political propaganda, articulated most infamously by Adolf Hitler. Ordinary people 'more readily fall victim to the big lie than the small lie,' wrote Hitler."

Last week, FoxNews.com highlighted Brook's departing column in which she argued for more "direct government support for public media" and government licensing of the news.

Wrote Brooks: "Years of foolish policies have left us with a choice: We can bail out journalism, using tax dollars and granting licenses in ways that encourage robust and independent reporting and commentary, or we can watch, wringing our hands, as more and more top journalists are laid off."

In response, L. Brent Bozell, president of the Media Research Center, countered, "The day that the government gets involved in the news media you see the end of the democratic process, because an independent news media is absolutely essential to the success of a democracy."

Brooks is also a law professor at the Georgetown University Law Center, where she serves as director of Georgetown Law School's Human Rights Center. She previously served as special counsel to the president at Soros' Open Society Institute. She has consulted for Human Rights Watch and served as a board member of Amnesty International USA.

echoes
04-21-2009, 12:49
She believes al-Qaida was an "obscure group" turned into a massive threat due to U.S. policies.

She's referred to former President Bush as "our torturer in chief" and a "psychotic who need(s) treatment" while comparing Bush's arguments for waging a war on terrorism to Adolf Hitler's use of political propaganda.

I find the background information of these two women interesting...and all I can say is, they really should volunteer for the next air-drop into Taliban held provinces of Afghanistan, and might find living under a two-by-four weilding card-carrying male, to be fun!:rolleyes:

Wonder how many, a-hem, favors these chicks performed to get thier special little titles, and offices?

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Michele_A._Flournoy

Michele A. Flournoy is currently President and Co-Founder of the Center for a New American Security (CNAS). Previously, she was Senior Advisor, International Security Program, at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS). Her expertise is in Defense strategy and policy; War on terrorism; U.S. and coalition military operations; post-conflict reconstruction; Nuclear, chemical adn biological weapons.[1]

"She has also accused civilian White House and Pentagon officials from the last administration of being "eager to embrace the values normally exemplified by military juntas," while urging "military personnel to speak out, regardless of the cost, when they think our civilian leaders have gone beyond the pale" - little more than an open-ended call for the politicization of the armed forces."

"Flournoy "has worked on issues that range from national security strategy, to lessons learned from Somalia, to planning for U.S. operations in Haiti." ...

http://americanpowerblog.blogspot.com/2009/04/rosa-brooks-antiwar-radical-appointed.html

"Rosa Brooks has just been made an adviser to Under Secretary of Defense for Policy Michelle Fluornoy - a move Brooks describes as "my personal government bailout."Bailout is certainly the right word for someone who appears to have no relevant national security qualifications for the position. She does though have experience working as Special Counsel for George Soros's Open Society Institute in New York, and as a former adviser to Harold Koh, the hugely controversial nominee for Legal Adviser to the State Department."

Richard
04-21-2009, 13:17
If the government is going to keep hiring Maoist jackasses like this instead of good ol' born in the US of A mules from Missouri or North Carolina or such, I want my last donation of $5800 (sent in on 14 April 2009) to be returned and I want to be taken off their donor's list. :mad:

If this keeps up, I may have to go join them ex-SF fellas up North of me there. ;)

Richard's $.02 :munchin

Sigaba
04-21-2009, 13:45
In a column last month, Brooks claimed the Bush administration's Office of Legal Counsel arguments for prosecuting the war on terrorism were similar to tactics used by Hitler.

According to Brooks: "How did such dangerously bad legal memos ever get taken seriously in the first place? One answer is suggested by the so-called Big Lie theory of political propaganda, articulated most infamously by Adolf Hitler. Ordinary people 'more readily fall victim to the big lie than the small lie,' wrote Hitler."

The last person in America who should be accusing anyone of Hitlerian tactics is a political operative of the current president's administration.

If Ms. Brooks and her cohort had had their way, Saddam Hussein, an admirer of both Hitler and Stalin would still be in power. He would still be offering to contribute support--including WMDs that we now know did not exist only because of OIF--to any and all takers planning on attacking Israel.

BigJimCalhoun
04-21-2009, 18:18
I read this this AM and got angry, again.

I wonder if she would be able to pass the background checks that someone "hired off the street" would be required to pass.