PDA

View Full Version : Michael Moore Claims Fahrenheit 9/11 Big at Bragg

Roguish Lawyer
06-27-2004, 21:48
from Drudge Report:

MOORE: 'We sold out in Fayetteville, home of Fort Bragg, We sold out in Army-base towns. We set house records in some of these places. We set single-day records in a number of theaters. We got standing ovations in Greensboro, N.C... The biggest news to me this morning is this is a red-state movie. Republican states are embracing the movie, and it's sold out in Republican strongholds all over the country...

NousDefionsDoc
06-27-2004, 21:54
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5296236/

Deceit and deception is breathtaking

By Joe Scarborough
Updated: 12:10 p.m. ET June 25, 2004

I went to see “Fahrenheit 9/11” Thursday expecting to be entertained despite political objections, but I was wrong. To say Moore took liberty with the truth would be like saying that Ken Lay took liberties with Enron's accounting practices. Fahrenheit 9/11,” like Enron's accountants, obviously figured that when it came to making money, the end justified the means.

In both cases, the scale of deceit and deception is breathtaking. Though I'd need four hours to tell you the list of all the falsehoods from Moore's two-hour movie, let me give you a few glimpses into his twisted logic:

Moore's movie begins by pitching his conspiracy theory about the 2000 election. We're all told in the audience by all recounting methods Al Gore won Florida. That drew a big gasp from the crowd. But, shockingly, this first fact cited by Moore's movie is a lie. Didn't anybody associated with Miramax or Michael Moore's movie read newspapers after the election, when some of America's most liberal papers published results from their independent review of Florida's ballots, concluding it was George W. Bush who won by all recounting methods?

And what of the second conspiracy theory, suggesting that George W. Bush kept Americans grounded after 9/11 but let the bin Laden family escape American airspace scot-free? An FBI agent suggested President Bush's action was an insult to 3,000 dead Americans, while Democratic Senator Byron Dorgan dramatically demands on tape that we must have an investigation to find out who approved this.

But Michael and the senator both know who approved the bin Laden transfer: It was none other than that Bush-bashing hero of the left, Richard Clarke. He admitted it in the 9/11 Commission. Now, it's funny how Michael Moore used Clarke's 9/11 testimony to bash Bush in other parts of the movie, but decided to edit out that part that lays waste to bin Laden-and- Bush conspiracy theory.

These two gross distortions are in the first five minutes of the film. But I can tell you that this film can only add to coarsening of America's democracy. Moore seems to promote the following slanderous conspiracy theories in his movie:

* The Bushes and the bin Ladens were so close that Bush let their family skip out of town while Americans were grounded,
* That the bin Laden family somehow helped George W. Bush start his first oil company, and that George W. Bush cares more about Saudi Arabia than America because the Saudis funneled $1.4 billion to Bush family interests.
* America didn't invade Afghanistan to kick out the Taliban. America attacked Afghanistan so we could put an oil pipeline in Afghanistan. That's why George Bush didn't care if the Taliban got away. (Oh, really? I don't think they got away.)
* The White House purposely tried to scare Americans into believing there was a terror threat after 9/11 so they could pass the Patriot Act, which they had already dreamed up before these 9/11 attacks even occurred.
* We invaded Iraq for no other reason than their oil, allowing young American kids to die just so oil companies could make more money.

Now, there are hundreds of conspiracy theories that are simply unsupported by the facts. But Moore goes on to show pictures of dead Iraqi babies, followed immediately by American soldiers talking about the rush they got listening to rock C.D.s while they shot at anything they moved in Iraq. Why didn't Moore just write "baby killers" on the screen and point to U.S. troops?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Michael Moore would make this kind of movie, but I am stunned that movie critics, Hollywood moguls and liberal movie viewers across America really think so little of America, its soldiers and its leaders.

Friends, it's a dark, grim and distorted perspective of our great nation. I think it's just wrong.

GracieLou
06-27-2004, 22:02
Well, I am all about freee speech, but this is one movie I won't bother to see. I can't stand looking at the guy....

Gypsy
06-27-2004, 22:02
This slob wouldn't know the truth if it jumped up and bit him in the arse. He will stop at nothing including distorting the truth and making a mockery of and slamming our Military, POTUS and everything else.

Can't he just develop heart disease or something and go the hell away?

GracieLou
06-27-2004, 22:13
Gypsy, I think that would be too kind for him. Perhaps he should be strapped to a chair and forced to watch all of his pathetic movies over and over until he begs for mercy!

One can only hope...

Gypsy
06-27-2004, 22:17
I must be evil GracieLou...I had something far more insidious in mind...

NousDefionsDoc
06-27-2004, 23:13
Is it me or is he really starting to look like Fat Bastard from the Austin Powers movies?

Airbornelawyer
06-28-2004, 02:25
http://www.klas-tv.com/global/story.asp?s=1970759&ClientType=Printable
Movie Goer Assaulted at Fahrenheit 9/11 Showing

(Jun. 25) -- The highly anticipated film, Fahrenheit 9/11, came with more than just controversy at one Las Vegas movie theatre. Moviegoer, Richard Streeter, was one of the many who made his way to a theatre to see what the hype was about. After viewing the film, he was greeted outside the theatre by members of the Las Vegas MoveOn.org.

The group was handing out leaflets on the importance of the film. Streeter voiced his view on the movie, "I made the comment, apples and oranges -- Kerry, Bush -- one's no better than the other. You really ain't got much of a choice. This guy comes up to me and says, 'Oh yeah?' " Streeter was then spat on by the same man.

He attempted to call police to report the incident when he was told not to, "A guy standing next to him said why don't you drop it. I said, 'No, I'm calling the police. I'm exercising my right as a citizen, I've been assaulted.' "

But the horror kept on growing for Streeter as he walked to his car on the phone with police, "This guy turns, and totally by surprise takes his hand and bam! It was a big guy. Shoved me onto the ground, I hit my head." A police report has been filed.

The film is a portrayal of President Bush and his administration. Filmmaker Michael Moore admits Fahrenheit 9/11 is his personal attack on the President and intends to change voters' minds. The President's supporters say the movie is being used for propaganda.

Radar Rider
06-28-2004, 04:56
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Is it me or is he really starting to look like Fat Bastard from the Austin Powers movies? "Get in my belly!"

The Reaper
06-28-2004, 06:00
Originally posted by Roguish Lawyer
from Drudge Report:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MOORE: 'We sold out in Fayetteville, home of Fort Bragg, We sold out in Army-base towns. We set house records in some of these places. We set single-day records in a number of theaters. We got standing ovations in Greensboro, N.C... The biggest news to me this morning is this is a red-state movie. Republican states are embracing the movie, and it's sold out in Republican strongholds all over the country...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Open Letter to Mr. Moore:

Sir:

You are correct, your latest "documentary", Farenheit 9/11 is a tremendous hit on Ft. Bragg, in fact, I am the Prresident of your local fan club.

Your many fans here invite you to come down for a showing of your "movie", perhaps in the SGT York Theater, after which we would love to meet you and discuss politics, moviemaking, and physical training at the GB Club.

Lest you think our tastes are too plebian for you, there is a Krispy Kreme here and you look ike the sort of "man" who would appreciate a fine doughnut and the opportunity to meet the working man.

In fact, you are so revered here in Fayetteville, perhaps we could arrange additional opportunities to meet your other fan clubs at the SF Association, the American Legion Lodge, and the VFW. Even the local NRA members want to meet you, they want you to come to the range with them.

Please let me know soonest if you can make it, the Sports USA on post is trying to get Jane Fonda to come at the same time to discuss the finer points of AA gunnery and prisoner abuse.

Looking forward to seeing you up close and in person.

TR

ghuinness
06-28-2004, 06:12
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Is it me or is he really starting to look like Fat Bastard from the Austin Powers movies?

I couldn't take up bandwidth posting this.
Check this out at your own risk (http://www.pegasus.cnchost.com/pics/fb.jpg)

Kyobanim
06-28-2004, 06:28
Originally posted by Radar Rider
"Get in my belly!"

"Ooooo, I'm so seexxy."

Bill Harsey
06-28-2004, 07:14
"Sold out in Fayetteville", what this means is someone got a bootleg tape and only had four chairs to put around the tv.

rubberneck
06-28-2004, 07:37
I really don't know if it sold out in Fort Bragg or other military towns but it wouldn't suprise me if Moore rented out small theaters in those areas just to say they sold out in military towns. Nothing that fat slob does could suprise me any more.

Guy
06-28-2004, 07:38
Originally posted by The Reaper

Sir:

You are correct, your latest "documentary", Farenheit 9/11 is a tremendous hit on Ft. Bragg, in fact, I am the Prresident of your local fan club.

Your many fans here invite you to come down for a showing of your "movie", perhaps in the SGT York Theater, after which we would love to meet you and discuss politics, moviemaking, and physical training at the GB Club.

Lest you think our tastes are too plebian for you, there is a Krispy Kreme here and you look ike the sort of "man" who would appreciate a fine doughnut and the opportunity to meet the working man.

In fact, you are so revered here in Fayetteville, perhaps we could arrange additional opportunities to meet your other fan clubs at the SF Association, the American Legion Lodge, and the VFW. Even the local NRA members want to meet you, they want you to come to the range with them.

Please let me know soonest if you can make it, the Sports USA on post is trying to get Jane Fonda to come at the same time to discuss the finer points of AA gunnery and prisoner abuse.

Looking forward to seeing you up close and in person.

TR

If Mr. Moore were to take you up on your offer...especially on FBNC! The FOGs and I would cause complete pandemonium and chaos the Fayetteville Times wouldn't have enough photographers or reporters to cover all "avenues of approach" to whipping his ass!:D

The Reaper
06-28-2004, 07:45
Flashback to the movie "Family Business".

Media: "Oh my God, what happened to Mr. Moore?"

Soldiers, in unison: "He slipped and fell!"

TR

Bill Harsey
06-28-2004, 07:58
From within Fayetteville or Ft. Bragg, someone should make an honest effort to invite Mr. Moore to come and visit. My friend Lars Larson (radio guy) has Michael Moore's publicists contact information. Can you imagine how Michael Moore would look turning down the offer? That would be news too.

Gypsy
06-28-2004, 14:39
Originally posted by rubberneck
I really don't know if it sold out in Fort Bragg or other military towns but it wouldn't suprise me if Moore rented out small theaters in those areas just to say they sold out in military towns. Nothing that fat slob does could suprise me any more.

It was reported here on a local radio program (ABC affiliate) that is exactly what happened. One theater IIRC had only 128 seats.

DunbarFC
06-28-2004, 14:46
Spiderman 2 comes out on Wednesday

I think that will be the end of Mr. Moore's reign on the box office charts

Gypsy
06-28-2004, 14:52
Spidey senses tingling? :D I just might have to go!

DunbarFC
06-28-2004, 14:53
Don't super heroes always show up when we need them ?

:D

Gypsy
06-28-2004, 14:56
LOL definitely...but mine wear cammo. ;)

Airbornelawyer
06-28-2004, 16:35
Originally posted by rubberneck
I really don't know if it sold out in Fort Bragg or other military towns but it wouldn't suprise me if Moore rented out small theaters in those areas just to say they sold out in military towns. Nothing that fat slob does could suprise me any more. It is at the Cameo Art House Theatre, on Hay Street downtown. Their number is 910-486-6633.

It's not playing at the Market Fair 15 on Skibo, the Wynnsong 7 or the Carmike 12 at the Westwood Shopping Center on Morganton Road.

It is also not playing at the Carmike 15 on the north side of Columbus, the Carmike Wynnsong 10 off 8th Division Road (when the hell was that built?), the Columbus Square 8, the Peachtree 8 at the Mall. Fandango.com doesn't list the theater by Al Who's or the one on Main Post, but somehow I doubt it's there either. Is there an art house theater downtown?

It's also not at the Regal Salmon Run Mall 8 in Watertown.

Just doing some more random searches, it is playing in one theater in Norfolk and one in Virginia Beach, though I note in both theaters it has 4 or 5 showtimes while White Chicks and Dodgeball each have 10.

By contrast, in Georgetown, it has 16 showtimes while White Chicks only has 5. And in Greenwich Village, the Loews Village VII has it on 3 or 4 out of 7 screens. There's an artsy theater about three blocks from me, across from Lincoln Center, here on the politically correct Upper West Side, where it's also playing on 3 out of 6 screens.

ghuinness
06-28-2004, 18:40
Moore's comments about Americans (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/6/26/103545.shtml).

The last paragraph:

"...
As for the terrorists currently killing American soldiers in Iraq, Moore compares them to Revolutionary war heroes who fought off British oppression:

''The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation are not 'insurgents' or 'terrorists' or 'The Enemy.' They are the REVOLUTION, the Minutemen, and their numbers will grow -- and they will win.'' .....

Freedom of Speech? I think he has crossed the line to Treason.

Roguish Lawyer
06-28-2004, 19:04
Originally posted by The Reaper

Sir:

Outstanding! LMAOROTF!

BMT (RIP)
06-28-2004, 19:06
Any one think Ernie could make a charge that would vaporize his lard ass??

BMT
Jr. FOG

Bill Harsey
06-28-2004, 21:34
Someone should videotape a group of guys and gals, who work in Ft. Bragg, viewing his film. Then send a copy to him. Then you can go get Ernie.

DunbarFC
07-01-2004, 07:51
LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- At 12:01 a.m. Wednesday, the curtain went up on Sony Pictures' "Spider-Man 2," one of the summer's most anticipated films, which immediately rang up as much as $5 million at midnight screenings. That figure should put it on track for a potentially record-setting first-day gross in the $30 million-$35 million range

Good bye Mr Moore

Bill Harsey
07-01-2004, 10:02
Originally posted by DunbarFC
Good bye Mr Moore I predict, not yet. He's too useful a tool for the anti President Bush media. They love what this loose cannon is doing and they will keep him afloat as long as possible.

DunbarFC
07-01-2004, 10:13
Originally posted by Bill Harsey
I predict, not yet. He's too useful a tool for the anti President Bush media. They love what this loose cannon is doing and they will keep him afloat as long as possible.

I meant as far as his movie goes. With the summer movie season now in full swing, I think you'll see his film in less and less places

The numbers were big for the first weekend but that was for all the zealots who wanted to see it right away. They also paid the full adult price. Spidey no doubt reached those numbers with a lot of kids priced tickets.

Theaters won't want to save space for Moore's dreck when they could add more showings of Spider-man and the myraid of other summer blockbusters that are on the way

Moore of course will release this on DVD right before the election to get his name in the headlines again, but as a movie, I see this one fading away fast given the blockbusters that are on the way.

Bill Harsey
07-01-2004, 10:24
I meant as far as his movie goes. With the summer movie season now in full swing, I think you'll see his film in less and less places

The numbers were big for the first weekend but that was for all the zealots who wanted to see it right away. They also paid the full adult price. Spidey no doubt reached those numbers with a lot of kids priced tickets.

Theaters won't want to save space for Moore's dreck when they could add more showings of Spider-man and the myraid of other summer blockbusters that are on the way

Moore of course will release this on DVD right before the election to get his name in the headlines again, but as a movie, I see this one fading away fast given the blockbusters that are on the way. I hope your right.

DunbarFC
07-01-2004, 10:42
I hope so too Mr. Harsey

Given that the midnight showings of Spiderman are said to have grossed $5 million, and knowing how Hollyweird reacts to dollar signs, I can see Fahrenheit heading on down to a cool 32 degrees

ghuinness
07-06-2004, 18:22

Moore of course will release this on DVD right before the election to get his name in the headlines again, but as a movie, I see this one fading away fast given the blockbusters that are on the way.

Here we go -
http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000039&refer=columnist_ferguson&sid=ajnPJBeW_75I

Michael Moore says he wants to accelerate the DVD release of his movie ``Fahrenheit 9/11'' so it will be available in a handy, portable format come election day. Maybe he wants to make sure concerned citizens can take the little disc into the voting booth so they won't forget who they're supposed to vote against.

August-O Twenty
07-06-2004, 19:01
Moore is a puke stain, He is probagandist ways tick me off like in Bowling for Columbine what kind of crap is this?

Dude needs to take 3 minutes from making documentories and wheel chair his fat-ass to a tread mill

Sorry for the rant gentlemen I will go about buisness now:D