PDA

View Full Version : Israeli Bandages & NSW Tourniquets

NousDefionsDoc
06-27-2004, 18:11
Anybody using this? The one with the tourniquet built in?

How about the ratchet tourniquet from LBT? Called the NSW?

Footmobile
06-27-2004, 18:38
Our command bought a bunch of Israeli bandages for us before we went over. Great piece of med kit. Team SOP was two per man in the left shoulder pocket. For anything less than arterial bleeding they are good to go. You can get a real good ammount of pressure out of the tournequet part.

They are great for the average trooper with basic med training 'cause there is no real danger of getting it too tight in comparison to what a tournequet can do and possibly loosing a limb when it wasn't necessary.

Never seen the LBT thingy, do you have a pic? Their website is lacking to say the least. They make great gear, but they need to advertise their new stuff better.

hoepoe
06-27-2004, 23:21
Not sure of the terminology, we use a rubber band like tornoquet strap. This indeed is good for arterial bleeding and can only be released by a doctor as it can lead to loss of limbs and even death due to the "bad/toxic blood" rushing back into the system and poisening it.

Looks like a standard bandage but is rubber, this strapped around the pressure point/artery area and tightened .

Hoepoe

NousDefionsDoc
06-27-2004, 23:27
Originally posted by Footmobile
Never seen the LBT thingy, do you have a pic? Their website is lacking to say the least. They make great gear, but they need to advertise their new stuff better.

I'll get you one manana with my new Palm camera!:D Looks like a banding machine.

Hoepoe, I don't think that's the one. This one has a little plastic handle on it for use as a tourniquet stick.

hoepoe
06-27-2004, 23:31
I'm no medic, but the standard ones the combat soldiers have on their person does not have the tightening stick, just the strap. Pull , tighten, pull, tighten, and if need be, use a stick or someting else in the field to tighten further, although, i' don't think further tightening is neccessary.

Hoepoe

NousDefionsDoc
06-27-2004, 23:33
I'll get a pic manana. I'll need to cut someone with my new AF Harsey Super Fighting Knife, but I'm sure someone will piss me off by noon anyway.:D

hoepoe
06-27-2004, 23:44
LOL@NDD

;-)

Hoepoe